Lions studs and duds

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think she posted that more to draw attention that the blame it on Rodgers posts are 100 to 1 on the Jones fumble which was a pretty huge play in the game that not many are acknowledging. I don’t think her intention was to say fumbles are more important than Ints.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, the biggest dud is Rodgers. All season long he cannot resist the long throw, even when a receiver is open for that much needed first down Or to keep the ball progressing toward the first down marker.

Rodgers simply doesn’t have the patience that Brady has. Few do.

I lost count on how many drives stalled this year because of a low odds bomb when we needed a few yards. Frustrating.
While that’s true to a degree, what gets lost is last night alone 3 drives ended on higher percentage passes that were dropped and a 4th lower percentage strike that was just dropped. That’s 12 plays right there we missed out on. In one game. Not because of low percentage bombs.

Why not take a shot? It’s not like anything else wlteally works much better for this team

Reaction score
Doubs just dropped it...perfectly placed pass in stride and Doubs could still be running
These are the best Timelapse I could get on short notice. What’s odd is it looked like the Balls strings can be seen perfectly laid in both Romeos’ hands. I’m about certain he’s late seeing the ball because it was on a tight rope. The Defender never sees that ball and is still looking back for it. Is there such thing as a too perfect pass idk. It was in the bread basket.

Safety help was there he likely gets tackled by those 2 DB’s between the 40 and the 35 yard-line area. It was a crucial drop though in any case. Next to the Jones fumble it was the next most crucial mistake we made in this game as it resulted in a punt eye ensuing Punt turned into a 75 yard Lions TD drive
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

You're right. He played an absolutely pi$$ poor game.

Geez, considering the receivers had four drops and Rodgers threw away another pass he had total of FIVE incompletions that were his fault all game long. I agree he could have performed at a higher level but it's ridiculous to suggest he played a pi$$ poor game.

What playoff game/elimination game was worse than this one? 2014 Seattle he was dealing with a real good Legion of Boom defense to go along with cole rain and high winds, not to mention Russ was a lot worse than him that game as well until late in the 4th when it quit raining and Seattle was in full go for it mode. Not to mention he was hurt. He was also hurt in 2013 San Fran loss but he was on a much undermanned team IMO. Hard to be a 'huge overreaction' when the facts supports it.

Actually, Rodgers worst performance in a playoff game came in the NFCCG at Chicago in 2010. With him being surrounded by a ton of talent the Packers were able to win that one though.

We have players walking into the LoS and picking up a live ball (WTF!) and other players shoving team trainers.

For the record, the refs already had blown the whistle at that point numerous times.

Rodgers is one of my favorite athletes of all time, but I am completely DONE with him.

You're hiding that extremely well.

Inform Rodgers that Love will be the starter next season. He can either retire, serve as the backup, or consent to a trade.

There's no way the Packers can afford to pay Rodgers $60 million to be the backup.

Yet #12 hasn’t had a really impressive game all year. We can try to argue he’s light on weapons, yet he did this last season with #17 so that argument doesn’t hold.
Postseason 2021 he had 0 TD’s passing 1 credit to Rushing.

Granted the colder windy weather is a factor it slows the game down some, but 1 Passing TD in the last 2 years Postseason games?

Don't get me wrong, I agree Rodgers should have played better in those games. It's ridiculous to solely blame him for the losses though.

We were in 4 down territory on that last drive, we need 5 yard plays not throwing into gusty winds 30 yards downfield unless someone is wide open. We were averaging 3.5 to 4 yards per carry and we can’t run the ball and use up that clock? We have 2 capable RB’s and we should’ve challenged the Lions Run Defense late in a game where Defenses are tired.

The Packers faced 3rd-and-10 on the play Rodgers threw the interceptions. Running it twice in that situation while averaging 3.7 yards a carry doesn't seem to be a smart strategy either.

It also doesn’t include the game sealing INT and 2 incomplete passes on the final drive. Odd part was we were at our 33 and running the ball well.

Once again, the Packers weren't running the ball well on Sunday.

I’m just pointing out there were as many off target throws #12 would love to have back also as there were “dropped passes”.

As mentioned above, Rodgers deserves blame for only five incompletions all game long.

He's been missing passes like that for quite some time now going back to 2018.

Yeah, Rodgers was terrible in 2020 and '21 when he won the MVP in both seasons :rolleyes:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez, considering the receivers had four drops and Rodgers threw away another pass he had total of FIVE incompletions that were his fault all game long. I agree he could have performed at a higher level but it's ridiculous to suggest he played a pi$$ poor game.

As mentioned above, Rodgers deserves blame for only five incompletions all game long.
When you consider how badly the right and right middle of our Oline was beaten repeatedly despite TE and WR and RB help taking targets out of the passing game, people should have a bit more appreciation for the game of football and how it's played. Like i've said many times this year. Every good QB will have between 2-5 passes per game every game that aren't all that good. Throw in bad oline play and it's closer to 5 than 2. It's normal, it's human, even for the greats.

meanwhile we had a 12 play reduction at a minimum due to good balls that were just dropped.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Lafleur for saying he anticipates Barry being back next season!
To be completely honest and unpopular, the defense was much improved by the last quarter of the season. In the last 5 games we never gave up more than 20 points. The Eagles can't say that. The Cowboys can't say that. The 49ers can't say that. In fact, no other team can say that. From December on, we had the second best scoring defense behind only the Ravens, and if not for 2 trash time TDs to Minnesota when most of our starters were on the bench we would be first in that span, and that was playing 3 pretty damn good scoring offenses in the Lions, Vikings and Dolphins.

Now you can chalk that up to whatever you want, but at the very least it makes giving him one more season worthy of consideration.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two horribly thrown interceptions (irrelevant that he was saved by the refs on the first one)? Two missed TDs to both of his backs? Taking big sacks at bad times? Sugar-coat that biotch all you want but that's pi$$ poor by any standard.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are the best Timelapse I could get on short notice. What’s odd is it looked like the Balls strings can be seen perfectly laid in both Romeos’ hands. I’m about certain he’s late seeing the ball because it was on a tight rope. The Defender never sees that ball and is still looking back for it. Is there such thing as a too perfect pass idk. It was in the bread basket.
Watching it live, it looked to me like he lost sight of it behind the defender's helmet at the last second, but who knows.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be completely honest and unpopular, the defense was much improved by the last quarter of the season. In the last 5 games we never gave up more than 20 points. The Eagles can't say that. The Cowboys can't say that. The 49ers can't say that. In fact, no other team can say that. From December on, we had the second best scoring defense behind only the Ravens, and if not for 2 trash time TDs to Minnesota when most of our starters were on the bench we would be first in that span, and that was playing 3 pretty damn good scoring offenses in the Lions, Vikings and Dolphins.

Now you can chalk that up to whatever you want, but at the very least it makes giving him one more season worthy of consideration.
Although I chalk it up to the fact that the defense had nowhere to go but up, it’s definitely a point to consider. The problem with kicking this can down the road though is that it puts more on the shoulders of an offense that, depending on what happens in the offseason, might be struggling for a while.

It just seems like a DC should be able to consisitently do more with the defensive talent that we have.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way the Packers can afford to pay Rodgers $60 million to be the backup.
Once again. You should not play a player simply because he makes more money than his backup. The head coach should do what is best for the team. If you made a mistake fiscally; you don't compound it by making another mistake on the field. Not just Rodgers. Anybody. It probably has something to do with coaches/GMs not wanting to look bad.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two horribly thrown interceptions (irrelevant that he was saved by the refs on the first one)? Two missed TDs to both of his backs? Taking big sacks at bad times? Sugar-coat that biotch all you want but that's pi$$ poor by any standard.
Not to get on the bandwagon but throwing deep on free plays when there are easier plays to gain 15 yards is a mistake.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers also missed a wide open Jones for a TD with an under throw by about 3 yards shallow and .5 sec late. It was like watching paint dry waiting for that pass. Closer to being an INT than a catchable ball.

Then Rodgers missed Dillon in the Paint for 7 points on a scramble drill but threw it high and behind him pretty much uncatchable.

Rodgers misses here as his pass is slightly underthrown and slightly inside the DB instead of leading the WR. Lazard did a good job slowing and adjusting to make a near miracle catch (hit his hand) but had to run over a DB on his way to an off target pass.
The zebras missed an obvious DPI or defensive holding here with Lazard.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Slaton, Reed and Clark failed to do much, offensive breakdowns caused the loss. Doubs stunk it up and Dillon isn't getting it done. Too many 2-4 yard runs and he didn't do much as a receiver this year. No way can Dillon replace Jones. The o line's run blocking was poor to mediocre against Detroit. Gute screwed up when he passed up Humphrey for Meyers. KC looks to have a pro bowl center while Meyers IMO opinion is average at best. Rodgers regressed but much of that was due to his thumb injury, lack of weapons and o line struggles. Try gripping a football with a broken thumb? Finally, the coaching in big games continues to contribute to their losses. MLF is a liability in big games and should be on the hot seat next season.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF said the interception was the result of a blown assignment by the oline (go watch the play and you can tell who's to blame) and Rodgers was just chucking it up to try and give Watson a chance. Bad pass from Rodgers but if the oline didn't have their worst game of the season I think the game has a completely different outcome.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers regressed but much of that was due to his thumb injury, lack of weapons and o line struggles. Try gripping a football with a broken thumb? Finally, the coaching in big games continues to contribute to their losses. MLF is a liability in big games and should be on the hot seat next season.
MLF didn't throw those interceptions or miss those open receivers for touchdowns. He didn't audible to "Alaska" on 4th down. That wasn't him. You seem to have this idea that coaches are puppeteers and players are marionettes. Coach's job is to get the team in a position to win. The rest is player execution, and Rodgers didn't execute when it mattered most... again.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think she posted that more to draw attention that the blame it on Rodgers posts are 100 to 1 on the Jones fumble which was a pretty huge play in the game that not many are acknowledging. I don’t think her intention was to say fumbles are more important than Ints.
Correct. ALL turnovers are game killers.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF said the interception was the result of a blown assignment by the oline (go watch the play and you can tell who's to blame) and Rodgers was just chucking it up to try and give Watson a chance. Bad pass from Rodgers but if the oline didn't have their worst game of the season I think the game has a completely different outcome.
I know it’s common to blame Rodgers for all the deep passes but it was pretty clear those were play calls from the coach, not the QB. And the other guy clearing the middle fell on the route and they let a guy come screaming right up the gut. Rodgers had to get rid of it. Was it short because he sucks? Or was going to get rocked and couldn’t make the throw he wanted?

rbthomps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Not having to get blown out by the 49ers next weekend

Duds
Most of the team, but here are the highlights
Rodgers
Jones' fumble
Clutch defense
Quay Walker's idiocy
Wyatt too who also should have been ejected
The drops
Double Rodgers

On that Rodgers INT, I said aloud to myself before the play that Rodgers would go really deep even though he only needed a few yards to pick up the first. He's been doing it all year and it hasn't worked. Sure enough, it failed. It was an appropriate way to end the season. The question is now, is that the final pass Rodgers makes as a Packer (a la Favre)? Or even the final of his career?
TIme to move on. Rogers is like ROger Clemens at the end of his career with the Red SOx. He's either lost it or isnt trying. The Defense has carried the team for weeks. Jones is a gamer. SO is Lazard. Watson is green. Dillon still has stone hands. LeFLeure's play calling on goal line is crap.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it’s common to blame Rodgers for all the deep passes but it was pretty clear those were play calls from the coach, not the QB.
Almost every play has at least one deep route, a short route and an outlet. He doesn't have to throw deep. He's paid to make those decisions in real time and make them correctly.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF didn't throw those interceptions or miss those open receivers for touchdowns. He didn't audible to "Alaska" on 4th down. That wasn't him. You seem to have this idea that coaches are puppeteers and players are marionettes. Coach's job is to get the team in a position to win. The rest is player execution, and Rodgers didn't execute when it mattered most... again.

You say these things like Rodgers was a terrible QB all season. He was still an above-average QB, he just wasn't "best in the NFL". MLF said his interception against the Lions was because the oline blew an assigmnent and Rodgers was just trying to give Watson a chance. Rodgers was NOT up to his usual standards this season but with five functioning fingers and a receiver corps that isn't among the worst five in the league I would bet he will be a VERY good QB next year (if he comes back). Oh, and if Gute cuts his losses with Myers and finds a competent center.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While he can be blamed for some plays, that loss was more on terrible coaching and oline play. Rodgers had guys in his face on every passing play!! That was the WORST defense in the nfl! They have one of the weakest olines in the NFL. This falls on gutey..you needed a starting caliber rt..yet kept relying on an undrafted backup. Myers is wak..so is Runyan.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While he can be blamed for some plays, that loss was more on terrible coaching and oline play. Rodgers had guys in his face on every passing play!! That was the WORST defense in the nfl!
Can you expound upon the terrible coaching? Because simply saying it without backing it up is meaningless. As for them being the WORST defense in the NFL. Shouldn't a $50M quarterback light that team up? Maybe someone needs to ask Rodgers why he likes to throw to Kerby Joseph so much.

Members online

Latest posts