Lions studs and duds

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with you, I expect better too. I also try and gauge how I think a lesser QB would do with that Oline performance, ineffective run game, and weapons.
There were some just bad decisions/throws that cost us. THere were also some drive killers from Lazard, Dillon, 2 from Doubs and some bad blocking that killed the offense in general.

Then there was our TD drive and that early drive pass to escape and get it too lazard for a huge 1st down IMO was bigger and more difficult than anybody seems to notice anymore. That play was dead in the water too from our Oline and he did elevate it. He's not going to do that all the time anymore. He's old for a QB LOL. But that was A+ stuff on that play/drive and that's what it would take to make this offense look B worthy. yeah he's paid a lot, but I think it's unrealistic to expect all the time.

Protect this guy, have a fairly consistent run game and I think he'd still be able to tilt the field in bigger moments but it just isn't happening lately. Other than Watson on 1 play and maybe a Jones run, I'm not sure anybody did anything to elevate this offense. Saw lots of people hurting it though. Rodgers included on a couple.
I think Jones' fumble late in the first half was something we should be giving more attention to besides #12. We were finally getting a good rhythm going and in position to score on that drive. This isn't the first time he's fumbled in a big spot in a big game. :(

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Watson

Duds:
horrible play calling.

Bonehead penalties.

Rams for not beating the Seahawks. (Lions played loose with house money)

The whole offense for not being able to score T’D’s on a really bad defense.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is it with the lack of discipline, the dancing and verbal taunts, etc.? Can't someone hammer into these guys that they need to act like professionals, and to cut the foolish and childish antics? If you can't control your emotions, you shouldn't be on the field. You not only look like an idiot, but you're killing the team.
It should be noted these antics are coming from defensive players and not from other units. Another reason to can Barry.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jones' fumble late in the first half was something we should be giving more attention to besides #12. We were finally getting a good rhythm going and in position to score on that drive. This isn't the first time he's fumbled in a big spot in a big game. :(
I agree

Reaction score
Many discussed Turnover ratio before this game. The Lions are very careful with the ball and GB has had pretty consistent ball security issues in the playoffs.

Sure enough we had 2 Turnovers (almost 3) and the Lions had 0
It makes me think we are not addressing this aspect in practice or on film. As if we don’t know the ball is slick in cold weather.

Yea #33 Fumbled. So did #12 INT
They can share blame in this factor that very likely cost us this game. We were in 4 down territory on that last drive, we need 5 yard plays not throwing into gusty winds 30 yards downfield unless someone is wide open. We were averaging 3.5 to 4 yards per carry and we can’t run the ball and use up that clock? We have 2 capable RB’s and we should’ve challenged the Lions Run Defense late in a game where Defenses are tired.

I also put that -3 points On downs on Matt. You should rarely do that in Opposing FG range. Past the 40? Fine, it at least gives your D an opportunity to 3 n out.
Punt the ball there it’s an early low scoring contest and it looked somewhat desperate imo.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
He fumbled in 2021 against Tampa. Lewis fumbled in 2022 against SF. And now Jones fumbled again this year.

Three elimination games in a row. Brutal.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The Packers we’re having some success running on Detroits L side seems they got away from that plan and MLF decided the deep ball was better, MLF should be questioned about his future in GB also

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reed should have also gotten ejected for the forearm to the Lions players face! On the int, I think Rodgers was trying to get the p.i. call instead of just going for the open guy in the middle of the field for a first down. They need a bigger, better oline..Myers is ok..Runyan is mediocre..definitely not as good as Sr. Even Jenkins struggled. They need a legit rt as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
big moments too. 2nd and medium, likely a first down to Dillon. Instead, flat out drop, setting up 3rd and medium. Drop back pass, Yosh gets destroyed and holds all on the same play and down is over before it even really starts. Instead of 3 more plays we get to try an almost 50 yard FG.

Reaction score
I’ll give them 3 drops. That Lazard one where he tried to run before catching it (8 yards) the strike to Doubs down the sideline (20 yards) and one to Dillon right in the mitts for a 2 yard pass and possible 5-7 yard play (He was covered up).

The other one to Doubs was at low at his ankle and actually bounced off the ground/foot area and was a fast pitch very low

Reaction score
I’ll give them 3 drops. That Lazard one where he tried to run before catching it (8 yards) the strike to Doubs down the sideline (20 yards) and one to Dillon right in the mitts for a 2 yard pass and possible 5-7 yard play (He was covered up).

The other one to Doubs was at low at his ankle and actually bounced off the ground/foot area and was a fast pitch very low

Rodgers also missed a wide open Jones for a TD with an under throw by about 3 yards shallow and .5 sec late. It was like watching paint dry waiting for that pass. Closer to being an INT than a catchable ball.

Then Rodgers missed Dillon in the Paint for 7 points on a scramble drill but threw it high and behind him pretty much uncatchable.

Rodgers misses here as his pass is slightly underthrown and slightly inside the DB instead of leading the WR. Lazard did a good job slowing and adjusting to make a near miracle catch (hit his hand) but had to run over a DB on his way to an off target pass.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doubs had 2 drops. Both very catchable. It was more at his waist than his ankles. The ball will bounce off the ground though once you drop it. and that would have been another 1st down.

and that pass to Jones wasn't too short, it was too high. The defender was coming from deeper, throwing deeper just puts him closer to it to start. He threw it with a bit too much loft is all.

Reaction score
These don’t include the INT that was called back for hands to the face.

It also doesn’t include the game sealing INT and 2 incomplete passes on the final drive. Odd part was we were at our 33 and running the ball well. We had 4 tries to get 10 yards and we actually needed to burn time with 3:45 left. We should ran that ball 3 times and possibly 4 times and we would’ve been near midfield at the 2:00 minute warning, with timeouts. It was 4-down territory for the playoffs and a win. Why risk a sack fumble or INT. Use your TE’s and 250 RB. We have one of the best RB duos in the league why ignore them?
Really not necessary and warranted to go long there, just do what was working. It’s 25 degrees and windy why go low probability with 3.5 minutes left? Methodical moving the chains would’ve been mentally anguishing for them as they watched the clock bleed. Think about what we did first half here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Doubs had 2 drops. Both very catchable. It was more at his waist than his ankles. The ball will bounce off the ground though once you drop it. and that would have been another 1st down.

and that pass to Jones wasn't too short, it was too high. The defender was coming from deeper, throwing deeper just puts him closer to it to start. He threw it with a bit too much loft is all.
Sorry. Good try defending #12 but Film doesn’t lie.

#33 had to slow down stride and his hands are below chest level. He’s 5’10” tall not 7.5’ tall. The ball was tipped up by the DB and never even made it to our RB.

If the pass was too high? why isn’t he extending beyond hands over head. instead he’s turning around back towards LOS and reaching backwards like an egg toss. throw about 1-2 yards longer and it’s a scoring setup or 7 pts. Instead we got zero points on that drive.
Very nearly INT #3. Cold weather though wind likely caught it or pushed it some but that’s not #33 fault. Poor placement and good play on ball by Joseph.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry. Good try defending #12 but Film doesn’t lie.

#33 had to slow down stride and his hands are below chest level. He’s 5’10” tall not 7.5’ tall. The ball was tipped up by the DB and never even made it to our RB.

If the pass was too high? why isn’t he extending beyond hands over head. instead he’s turning around back towards LOS and reaching backwards like an egg toss. Terrible throw.
Very nearly INT #3. Cold weather though wind likely caught it pushed it some.
you're misunderstanding.
He put too much loft, it should have been thrown with lower trajectory. It would have arrived sooner and in the shorter spot on the field. Throwing it longer only put it closer to the defender to begin with. I wasn't defending 12.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That loss to the Eli's 9–7 Giants in 2012 was worse. Packers were 15–1. This is a bad Packers team that probably had no business even being contention on the last day of the season.
That one definitely wouldn't be on my top half of Rodgers playoff games, but Jennings, Jordy, Jones, Crabtree, Finley, (I THINK Taylor too) and Starks all dropped passes while Grant and Kuhn also fumbled (Cobb got away with one on a kickoff). Literally the only skill player that didn't put the ball on the ground that day was the old guy Donald Driver. At the end of that game, I didn't come to a conclusion that Rodgers was anywhere near the biggest reason we lost. Defense gave up 37 and choked at the end of the half on the Hakeem Nicks coverage as well as the long run that led up to it (Bradshaw I believe).

Reaction score
you're misunderstanding.
He put too much loft, it should have been thrown with lower trajectory. It would have arrived sooner and in the shorter spot on the field. Throwing it longer only put it closer to the defender to begin with. I wasn't defending 12.
Ok. Maybe a rope sure I can see that. I’m just pointing out there were as many off target throws #12 would love to have back also as there were “dropped passes”. The Doubs ankle biter was more on Aaron as a foot higher and Doubs catches it. The biggest miss we had was Doubs sideline pass it was perfectly placed for a 25 yard play.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He fumbled in 2021 against Tampa. Lewis fumbled in 2022 against SF. And now Jones fumbled again this year.

Three elimination games in a row. Brutal.
Not to mention the horrific angle Jones took at the end of the half vs San Fran. Should have been a TD if he ran forward. Instead he was tackled and a blocked kick followed.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s not what “facts” means.
I haven't been on here in a while, but I forgot about the 5 or so internet tough guys that pop on here ha. I told you about 2013 and 2014 playoff games but please ignore everything I posted and flex your muscles with your short post.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers we’re having some success running on Detroits L side seems they got away from that plan and MLF decided the deep ball was better, MLF should be questioned about his future in GB also
You realize that Rodgers audibles out of runs very frequently, right?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. Maybe a rope sure I can see that. I’m just pointing out there were as many off target throws #12 would love to have back also as there were “dropped passes”. The Doubs ankle biter was more on Aaron as a foot higher and Doubs catches it. The biggest miss we had was Doubs sideline pass it was perfectly placed for a 25 yard play.
To be fair, Doubs was actually covered pretty well and 1) Doubs probably wasn't expecting it at that point and 2) due to the defender's position it was probably difficult to even see the ball coming. I have zero concerns about Doubs due to that one play.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're misunderstanding.
He threw a lot of high rainbows last night. It was like watching a game from the 1950s.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought we looked smash mouth last week but I’m thinking to much joy juice this week clotted my vision
Last week was a freak game, everything went our way. You're not going to see that very often.

They did handle the Vikes better than the Lions. Don't be surprised to see Detroit win this division next season.
Wouldn't surprise me. Detroit finished hotter than we did. They remind me a little of how the '92 Packers started coming on after we got Favre, and '93 started a string of playoff appearances.