Lions studs and duds

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Changes need to be addressed in the off season, even Mason Crosby should be on the table
Agree. There are some obvious (to me) changes that need to be made. 1. Fire Joe Barry and find a DC who doesn't need babysitting from the HC. 2. This is a tough one - find a new kicker. Look I love Mason Crosby. I don't care about stats for those who feel differently. The guy got the job done with rare exceptions. But he's dicey on FG outside of 45 yards, and can't get a kickoff in the end zone. Time to change. 3. Get a real TE. There is one in the draft, Mayer of ND. Take him.

And MLF has earned another look, but he should feel his seat warming up. He somehow brought that team back from 4-8 to being relevant to the end, but he's also the guy who let them get to 4-8. Not all his fault, they had no WR group to speak of, and Barry was just a reactionary hire. But MLF needs to get some asseriveness training. He was outreached by Dan Campbell twice this year. That's not acceptable.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did handle the Vikes better than the Lions. Don't be surprised to see Detroit win this division next season.
Agreed. They only need a few pieces on D. Their Offense is very good, and that's with Jared Goff at the helm.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's add Lafleur's playcalling in to the Dud category.

Studs
Watson, can't wait to see him next season with JLO throwing him the ball.
Yeah there was no creativity in the offensive play calling. They went away from motion, they failed again and again in the Red Zone. I don't get it, I really don't. And he has little to no control over his players. We've seen it a few times this year.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have rather won this game with no chance to make playoffs than lose the way we did. Any of the good stuff we started doing later in the season was gone. Back to the same old stuff. No pressure on the QB, but other than that the defense was respectable. Well minus Quay who better get his head right quick or we can just get him gone. No need for a guy that control his emotions in that situation. That was garbage.
I’ve never seen a player push a member of the medical staff before. That was ridiculous and he 100% should have been ejected. Then Wyatt comes over and intentionally bumps into the medical guy too. The refs should have ejected him as well. It was embarrassing.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were drops on both sides. It was slippery weather. For the most part Receivers caught well. I remember 3 drops that were potential catches and similar on Detroit. However I remember DOUBLE that # throws that were drastically off target or out of bounds. 1 was an INT that was reversed that didn’t make the stat book. Not to mention the sack he took that could’ve knocked us out if FG range. He’s been doing that all season! Rodgers played C- ball and that’s being generous. We can get C- ball for a lot less than $50,000,000 annual. No thank you.

Did everyone else play A+?? No. But everyone else isn’t being paid $50,000,000 guaranteed! When you are The Leader and highest paid player on any sports team? In basketball your best player can’t score 11 points and 4 rebounds in a Playoff game. Big things are expected for Big $$. If Giannis did that every year? He’d be packing his bags.

This Offense scored +16 and gave up -6 on a Rodgers INT and a turnover on downs or a +10 net points at home. Rodgers dodged another bullet that was an automatic -3 or possible -7 on another INT that were not even accounting for. That’s pultry level and it’s been regular now for 4 years running. Enough already.

No Defense, not even SF49ers can overcome this Rodgers led Offense regularly. Scrap this now or we’ll be 2027 before we’re legit again.
Rodgers really did play poorly. More concerning, he just doesn't seem to care. He doesn't have the fire he used to play with. Maybe it's the hallucinogens (sorry I just don't see how those help), or the years, or the consistent big-game failures. Ironically, the best thing is to bring him back. Even a lousy Rodgers is a good QB. And where else can they go?

I think trading him is off the table, or at least trading him for a 1st round pick is off the table. If he decides to retire then let Love prove himself, or not, and go on from there.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Dud: #12
Rodgers let’s us down every season. He’s just not good in big games. He threw 2 INT again (idc if it was a penalty it was a terrible throw)

That’s 5 INT in just 2 games vs the 9-8 Lions. I don’t know how much more proof we need than 4 consecutive seasons of our Offense pooping the bed.

Let’s go for 5 seasons!

Jared Goff > Aaron Rodgers in
2022-23
Kirby Joseph absolutely owns Rodgers. It was so obvious he was totally locked in on where he was going with the ball. The simple fact that an 18 year veteran QB can be so totally mentally abused by a d@mn 3rd round Rookie safety like that says an awful lot about the mental flaws of our QB imo.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Crosby was a crossbar bounce from stud. But 53 yards in that weather is really like 58 yards etc..
We should’ve just went on 4th n 6
Actually, if the holder sets the ball down 2 inches forward, that kick bounces over the crossbar. That's how close these games are.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a disaster; where to begin...

MLF is a fraud. His teams shrink in big games and his play-calling has even become abominable. That 4th & 1 sweep to Lazard on our side of the field was arguably the single worst play call I have ever seen in my life. Lazard should almost NEVER be running that play, then they do it AGAIN. Maybe just QB sneak or hand the ball to your 250-lb RB? He makes offensive football look difficult and complicated. He isn't a CEO of a football team and never will be. He ain't Shanahan or McVay. He is in over his head.

We have players walking into the LoS and picking up a live ball (WTF!) and other players shoving team trainers. Nixon was feeling himself and came in way too amped up; he made really poor decisions on multiple returns. We act like clowns with far too much regularity.

Aaron Rodgers needs to go; it's over. He has been a subpar QB throughout the entire season. He is paid to be extraordinary, and he is worse than mediocre. No excuses. I'm so done with this guy. I'm so done with him playing atrociously and taking minimal accountability while berating everyone else. I'm DONE with his stupid hard count and I'm DONE with the countless checks while the play clock hits zero on nearly every single offensive play. This offense is so painful to watch, and it starts with #12. It has zero pace or rhythm, because Rodgers feels the need to make sure every single detail is perfect before snapping the ball. Has he ever considered adjusting to keep the defense off balance? No, he refuses to change. Within three plays we took yet another pointless TO (how many in the past several years???) and a delay of game because he is messing around at the LoS. I'm so done with this nonsense. Get under center, snap the ball, and run the damn play, you coward.

Rodgers is one of my favorite athletes of all time, but I am completely DONE with him. I'm done with the slow-paced offense; I'm done with the play clock hitting zero every play; I'm done with his diminished accuracy and lack of accountability; I'm done with his diminished commitment. I'm done with perennially choking and walking off at Lambeau as playoff loser. It's OVER. The best stretch of QB play, by far, that we saw all year was from Jordan Love in Philadelphia. They drafted him, they sat him, now it's time to make a difficult awkward decision (similar to the one TT made with Favre and Rodgers). Yes, it is eerily similar to Favre's ending, right down to the INT. It's time.

Inform Rodgers that Love will be the starter next season. He can either retire, serve as the backup, or consent to a trade. The FO needs to grow a spine and rip the band-aid off RIGHT NOW. Rodgers has brought me as much joy (and pain) as any athlete I can ever remember, but NOW IS THE TIME.

Studs

Mason Crosby-Bailed us out repeatedly

Jarran Reed-What a beast, he came on so strong

Savage-Seems to have figured it out, excited for his future. Pick up the option.

Watson played a pretty good game

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't get the run game going, then did, then fumbled it away. Had some trouble extending drives, dropped balls and then Rodgers for some reason just can't see that Lions rookie. It's like he doesn't believe he can get there, though he's proven it more than a few times or he just doesn't see him. Rodgers isn't a slow learner so I'm wondering if he just blends in to the grass or something when he's back there because 2 of those throws were head scratchers to say the least.
I thought the first INT nullified by a penalty was an overthrow.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a cop-out and not true. Jaire gave up one reception. He's a stud. Jones was a stud. Watson was a stud.

Rodgers? MAJOR DUD. He was underthrowing guys all day. Would have had a TD to Jones if he'd thrown it 2 yards deeper. I'm tired of him. Then after his INT what irony that they play a commercial where he admits he hates to practice. Maybe it's time to go.

Jones? Really?

I'm done overlooking all these fumbles, they've cost us numerous games. Both Aarons can go at this point.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might add that the Packers seem to think they're somehow invincible at home in the cold. They take the win for granted. And they play like it. I don't know why, given the history in the last 10–15 years.
I hate playing nightgames in Green Bay. The powers that be are morons imho.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the first INT nullified by a penalty was an overthrow.
I don't know what it was other than a ball that should not have been thrown where I guy just casually rolls up and catches it uncontested by the receiver.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll never understand the NFL logic that it's okay to shove a guy at will as long as you do it first but if you retaliate in kind YOU get the penalty. NFL is a joke. Small scuffle should be looked past unless it results in a bigger fight. NHL is fine with a little snippy-ness. The NFL has truly become a pu$$y league in the last 30 years.

Bruh, what Rasul did was utterly clownish and idiotic; par for the course for he and Jaire. They are better at talking and behaving like clowns than playing football.

Reaction score
Once again, there are other players to blame for the offense to have scored only 16 points as well.
Yes I agree there absolutely are.

Yet #12 hasn’t had a really impressive game all year. We can try to argue he’s light on weapons, yet he did this last season with #17 so that argument doesn’t hold.
Postseason 2021 he had 0 TD’s passing 1 credit to Rushing.

Granted the colder windy weather is a factor it slows the game down some, but 1 Passing TD in the last 2 years Postseason games?

I’m picking on him because he’s our leader. Rodgers impacts the game more than any other player. We haven’t had above a C- grade playoff performance from #12 since the 2020 season.

He’s a great QB. I don’t expect perfection and I’ll factor harsh weather. I do expect at minimum a C+ to B- performance (C grade representing a league average QB). This team can’t overcome him playing sub par all season.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Walker would’ve gotten a Stud until he fully displayed his lack of discipline. This isn’t a 1st Offense, he’s becoming habitual in his game Ejections. He has to understand he hurt our chances of winning when he’s out. He went from Stud to Dud for me, very poor discipline he’s got to fix that and do it yesterday.

Stud to Watson for his 116 yards of production. That was more than all other receivers combined.

Wyatt got a mini stud for producing the only Sack for us and and a forced Fumble. He backed up on an offsides that hurt us late in the game.
Kenny gets a Stud he’s very consistently disruptive.

Overall our CB’s played well. I thought Savage played good in the Slot. I’d leave him there

Our Offense in general was very pedestrian and got handled by a sub par Defense. We struggled across the board at OL, TE, RB and WR group. Very uninspiring performance and C- Grade poor QB play was contagious with everyone except #9 and maybe #33.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I agree there absolutely are.

Yet #12 hasn’t had a really impressive game all year. We can try to argue he’s light on weapons, yet he did this last season with #17 so that argument doesn’t hold.
Postseason 2021 he had 0 TD’s passing 1 credit to Rushing.

Granted the colder windy weather is a factor it slows the game down some, but 1 Passing TD in the last 2 years Postseason games?

I’m picking on him because he’s our leader. Rodgers impacts the game more than any other player. We haven’t had above a C- grade playoff performance from #12 since the 2020 season.

He’s a great QB. I don’t expect perfection and I’ll factor harsh weather. I do expect at minimum a C+ to B- performance (C grade representing a league average QB). This team can’t overcome him playing sub par all season.
I'm not disagreeing with you, I expect better too. I also try and gauge how I think a lesser QB would do with that Oline performance, ineffective run game, and weapons.
There were some just bad decisions/throws that cost us. THere were also some drive killers from Lazard, Dillon, 2 from Doubs and some bad blocking that killed the offense in general.

Then there was our TD drive and that early drive pass to escape and get it too lazard for a huge 1st down IMO was bigger and more difficult than anybody seems to notice anymore. That play was dead in the water too from our Oline and he did elevate it. He's not going to do that all the time anymore. He's old for a QB LOL. But that was A+ stuff on that play/drive and that's what it would take to make this offense look B worthy. yeah he's paid a lot, but I think it's unrealistic to expect all the time.

Protect this guy, have a fairly consistent run game and I think he'd still be able to tilt the field in bigger moments but it just isn't happening lately. Other than Watson on 1 play and maybe a Jones run, I'm not sure anybody did anything to elevate this offense. Saw lots of people hurting it though. Rodgers included on a couple.

buckthorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker would’ve gotten a Stud until he fully displayed his lack of discipline. This isn’t a 1st Offense, he’s becoming habitual and it hurt our chances of winning. He went from Stud to Dud for me.
What is it with the lack of discipline, the dancing and verbal taunts, etc.? Can't someone hammer into these guys that they need to act like professionals, and to cut the foolish and childish antics? If you can't control your emotions, you shouldn't be on the field. You not only look like an idiot, but you're killing the team.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the damn league, especially after Thanksgiving. They love the "allure" of Lambeau in the cold so they schedule games up there late in the season.
Yeah, the games in Lambeau are fine imo but at night? Doesn't have to be at night.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts