Lion's sign T.J. Duckett

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lion's signed T.J.duckett to a one year deal. With Jones, Bell (if they don't trade him), and duckett in the backfield the lion's should be able to have a solid running game this year. If they can make it past our horrible offensive line.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that running back T.J. Duckett has agreed to terms with the Detroit Lions.

Duckett will sign a one-year, $1.5 million contract with the Lions.

The maneuver gives the Lions three starting-caliber tailbacks -- Duckett, Tatum Bell, and Kevin Jones. We've previously heard that Bell, who was acquired recently from the Broncos as part of the Dre' Bly trade, is a candidate to be traded again.

Duckett did the deal with Detroit after visiting the Seahawks.

Reaction score
Don't they also have the RB from Wisconson they drafted in the third round last year as well?

Not sure what the Lions are trying to achieve by having so many "starting-caliber" backs...

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Don't they also have the RB from Wisconson they drafted in the third round last year as well?

Not sure what the Lions are trying to achieve by having so many "starting-caliber" backs...

Ya they have Brian Calhoun who I wanted the packers to draft in the 3rd and they were going to take him but of course the stupid f$#@king Lions took him the pick before us! But I guess it is ok because we still got Jason Spitz.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

I actually like their approach. They're doing what I believe Green Bay should do with the strong safety position. They're creating for a lot of competition in the off season for the starting running back.

Kevin Jones is unhealthy. Tatum Bell, Brian Caulhon, and T.J. Duckett make for a good camp trio to compete. Frankly I believe Caulhon is the odd man out unless Jones starts on the PUP list.

Members online

Latest posts