Lions pre game chatter

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
All over radio shows here . One huge rodgers fan Steve Czban. He is so loyal to Rodgers is crazy

But as he says he is ready to give up.

He went off about the game tape on how Rodgers isn’t seeing open wr in a CLEAN POCKET. he gave one play example where he described the entire play. Have to remember he is a huge Rodgers fan . He doesn’t know why rodgers is playing the way he is

He admits wr play can be blamed . But the examples he gave he can’t blame the wr at all as they were open

Time for people to realize something is wrong

Rodgers doesn't handle disappointment well, which is different than handling pressure. Prior to the Lions game he was disappointed with teammates and I'm guessing coaches, as well as the front office. Everything seemed to unravel for him during the Lions game, he visibly was upset at his own game.

Maybe his thumb is bothering him more than he wants to admit or maybe he's just cooked, but yeah, Sunday he was not the Aaron Rodgers we all know.

D

Deleted member 6794

It seems we’ve ignored the Running game once again, especially at Goal line. No team in the NFL has less Rushes for a TD than the GB Packers. While we probably have one of the better RB rooms in the League.

Dillon and Jones combined to run for an average of 2.95 yards against the Lions on 20 attempts. Taking a look at those number it didn't seem like a recipe for success to give them any additional carries.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillon and Jones combined to run for an average of 2.95 yards against the Lions on 20 attempts. Taking a look at those number it didn't seem like a recipe for success to give them any additional carries.
It's odd that week after week, when we need our run game to "win" a down we don't and still people think it's the recipe for success.

Reaction score
So you know it’s far from a given it ends any differently
So you don’t think Crosby can Kick a FG from the 5 yard line? I disagree I would’ve taken the points and gotten some momentum. Sooner or later this team had got to recognize our Offense struggles to put up 17 points because we too often choose to go for it in 4th down or rather just settle for 3 Points.
I’m 99.5% certain my plan of starting the first Quarter 6-0 was a good one basked in our 17 points per game struggles. I also said it before this game started. I’ll say it again. This is not the 2010-2020 Offense and we can pretend and live in denial all we want. When your Offense is struggling to gain momentum and the next play is to take the lead or in a low scoring game you ALWAYS take the points early in over giving your opponent a psychological advantage and ALL the momentum.

We beat ourselves by not recognizing our new identity. This isn’t about style points it’s about whomever is leading when the clock expires.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All over radio shows here . One huge rodgers fan Steve Czban. He is so loyal to Rodgers is crazy

But as he says he is ready to give up.

He went off about the game tape on how Rodgers isn’t seeing open wr in a CLEAN POCKET. he gave one play example where he described the entire play. Have to remember he is a huge Rodgers fan . He doesn’t know why rodgers is playing the way he is

He admits wr play can be blamed . But the examples he gave he can’t blame the wr at all as they were open

Time for people to realize something is wrong
I'm afraid so. Personally, I think Rodgers is just exhausted. His off season experiments with hallucinogens don't help his image. But for whatever reason, he's not in the game. Maybe it's just this season, but he made the same mistake against the Niners last year.

It will be interesting to see if he's back next year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you don’t think Crosby can Kick a FG from the 5 yard line. I disagree I would’ve taken the points and gotten some momentum. It could’ve been
6-0 and sooner or later you’ve got to recognize our Offense struggles to put up 17 because we too often choose to go for it in 4th down or Jumost settle for 3. I’m 99.5% certain my plan of starting the first Quarter 6-0 was better than yours. I also said it before this game started.
kick it, go for it, whatever. Just a couple years ago we kicked FG's and ended up losing in overtime in a crazy game to go to the super bowl. Everyone said we should have went for it.

You said we need to run it, we did, and lost yards from about the 1, twice. It's far from a given. it's not always better. They could have kicked instead of trying a 4th down play too.

Reaction score
Ducal
kick it, go for it, whatever. Just a couple years ago we kicked FG's and ended up losing in overtime in a crazy game to go to the super bowl. Everyone said we should have went for it.

You said we need to run it, we did, and lost yards from about the 1, twice. It's far from a given. it's not always better. They could have kicked instead of trying a 4th down play too.
Youre not listening. We gave them 6 points plus bonus game momentum and this business about not being able to Kick ab XPA is ridiculous. What is Crosbys XPM % for career? Multiple that by 6 points it’s still 6

In addition you still would had 1 more Rushing attempt and just because they stop you on 1 or 2 runs doesn’t mean abandon the run! We’ve got a league low TD Rushing! Quit being scared and try again. It’s called having confidence in your RB and you 100% either get 8,7,6,3points there Take your pick

It is defeating to wash away with ZERO. ITS UNACCEPTABLE when your Defense averages 5 points allowed per Quarter and your Offense gives away 3+ points on Downs. The term is Self Defeating

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ducal

Youre not listening. We gave them 6 points plus bonus game momentum and this business about not being able to Kick ab XPA is ridiculous. What is Crosbys XPM % for career? Multiple that by 6 points it’s still 6

In addition you still would had 1 more Rushing attempt and just because they stop you on 1 or 2 runs doesn’t mean abandon the run! We’ve got a league low TD Rushing! Quit being scared and try again. It’s called having confidence in your RB and you 100% either get 8,7,6,3points there Take your pick

It is defeating to wash away with ZERO. ITS UNACCEPTABLE when your Defense averages 5 points allowed per Quarter and your Offense gives away 3+ points on Downs. The term is Self Defeating
I am listening. I'm not debating they should have gone for it, or taken points, I thought points were in order. They didn't see it that way. YOU said they needed to run, I said they did, twice in the first 3 plays and got their ***** handed to them each time. You seem to think they should have done it more. How many goal line and 3rd and short and 4th and short times do you need to see us fail to see our run game just doesn't get the yards when they need to get a yard.
Yeah, they can put up some stats down 17 against a team playing 2 high shell. Yee Haw.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you don’t think Crosby can Kick a FG from the 5 yard line? I disagree I would’ve taken the points and gotten some momentum. Sooner or later this team had got to recognize our Offense struggles to put up 17 points because we too often choose to go for it in 4th down or rather just settle for 3 Points.
I’m 99.5% certain my plan of starting the first Quarter 6-0 was a good one basked in our 17 points per game struggles. I also said it before this game started. I’ll say it again. This is not the 2010-2020 Offense and we can pretend and live in denial all we want. When your Offense is struggling to gain momentum and the next play is to take the lead or in a low scoring game you ALWAYS take the points early in over giving your opponent a psychological advantage and ALL the momentum.

We beat ourselves by not recognizing our new identity. This isn’t about style points it’s about whomever is leading when the clock expires.
Old school is Crosby the kicker on your fantasy team?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you know it’s far from a given it ends any differently
Yes, the hindsight is just that. But Old School is right in that a team that lacks the ability to put 7 on the board inside the 10 yard line plays the game differently. Picture Bill Belichick with his 3rd string QB. If he has Brady, Gronk, and Edelman etc. he plays it differently. In the former he likely runs several times and tells his QB to rollout and throw it away if nothing his there. In the latter he trusts his players to execute. If we get 3 FGs instead of 3 turnovers we probably win last Sunday.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the hindsight is just that. But Old School is right in that a team that lacks the ability to put 7 on the board inside the 10 yard line plays the game differently. Picture Bill Belichick with his 3rd string QB. If he has Brady, Gronk, and Edelman etc. he plays it differently. In the former he likely runs several times and tells his QB to rollout and throw it away if nothing his there. In the latter he trusts his players to execute. If we get 3 FGs instead of 3 turnovers we probably win last Sunday.
The inability to score points isn't lost on me, i've seen it all year from this team. I think usually getting your first points are the most difficult, take them when you can get them especially on the road.

That said, you're playing the worst defense in the league and at the 1 yard line with 4 downs. I'm not exactly mad MLF decided to challenge his guys in that spot. I am a bit disappointed they keep letting us down though.

D

Deleted member 6794

Who mentioned anything about Crosby not being able to kick a field goal from 20 yards???

Quit being scared and try again. It’s called having confidence in your RB and you 100% either get 8,7,6,3points there Take your pick

I'm a bit confused about that statement. What are you advocating for now? Trusting your running back or kicking the field goal?

If we get 3 FGs instead of 3 turnovers we probably win last Sunday.

Two of Rodgers interceptions happened on first and second down respectively. You don't suggest kicking field goals in those situations, don't you???

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who mentioned anything about Crosby not being able to kick a field goal from 20 yards???

I'm a bit confused about that statement. What are you advocating for now? Trusting your running back or kicking the field goal?

Two of Rodgers interceptions happened on first and second down respectively. You don't suggest kicking field goals in those situations, don't you???
No. But sometimes you have to apply the Woody Hayes rule. 3 things can happen when you pass the football. And 2 of them are bad. Run the ball, score, or get stopped. Take the points. Yes, we could fumble. Rodgers can botch the handoff. Suddenly, Crosby could become the biggest weapon on the team.

D

Deleted member 6794

No. But sometimes you have to apply the Woody Hayes rule. 3 things can happen when you pass the football. And 2 of them are bad. Run the ball, score, or get stopped. Take the points. Yes, we could fumble. Rodgers can botch the handoff. Suddenly, Crosby could become the biggest weapon on the team.

With Rodgers having taken care of the football better than anyone in NFL history I don't have any issue with him throwing it in the red zone. There's no doubt he was terrible at it against the Lions though.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wasn't sure where to post this. Maybe a new forum on trade speculation AFTER this season. I expect this one will draw some interest.

IMO, I don't like the idea of dealing Rodgers next season. But he'll be 39, and the chance to get a 1st and 3rd round pick from Indy is at least worth considering. Just curious what you all think.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wasn't sure where to post this. Maybe a new forum on trade speculation AFTER this season. I expect this one will draw some interest.

IMO, I don't like the idea of dealing Rodgers next season. But he'll be 39, and the chance to get a 1st and 3rd round pick from Indy is at least worth considering. Just curious what you all think.
Not sure what prompted this. It may have started in the dark corners of the media. But if our 3-6 record grows to 3-10 or 12 the story will become much louder and the questions will come up at pressers for certain.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what prompted this. It may have started in the dark corners of the media. But if our 3-6 record grows to 3-10 or 12 the story will become much louder and the questions will come up at pressers for certain.
Yeah that was my first reaction. It's too early to be talking about a post-season Rodgers' trade. But yeah, if this team only wins two more games, it makes more sense.

It also depends on what else might be done in the off season. I'm sure Gluten and MLF are safe. Joe Barry, not so much.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A March trade that would make sense for both teams is Rodgers to the Raiders. I think they are just about done with Carr, they have the draft capital to trade and it would reunite Rodgers and Adams. Packers might get a 2023 and a 2024 1st round pick and maybe more, if Rodgers plays better in the second half of this season.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A March trade that would make sense for both teams is Rodgers to the Raiders. I think they are just about done with Carr, they have the draft capital to trade and it would reunite Rodgers and Adams. Packers might get a 2023 and a 2024 1st round pick and maybe more, if Rodgers plays better in the second half of this season.
You think Carr could come here?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't want his current contract, but if they worked a new one, he wouldn't be a bad guy to have around for a rebuild.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Raiders can be generous. To a few people.

D

Deleted member 6794

It would be a terrible move to trade away Rodgers for only a first and a third rounder.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm, that's interesting and makes more sense than a trade with the Colts. I'd be ok with getting Carr and the Raiders' first and second round picks in 2023. That's a little pricey but the Raiders, like the Packers, look like SB contenders on paper. We all know that has gone way south for both teams. They could still take one of the top three QB candidates in the draft and let him sit behind Carr for a year or more. It just makes sense for everyone. Great idea Poker. Call Gluten, will ya?

Members online

Latest posts