Let's Fix This Mess !!!

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Philtration said:
After reading the comments here for the last two seasons I can see that some people here see it that way.

You have to let go at some point.
I saw Walter Payton, **** Butkus, Gale Sayers and Michael Jordan among others end their careers here and the fans did not expect them to give us more than they had already done.
They gave us more than enough and we were grateful that we got to see it.

How many championships have the Yankees won after players like Ruth, Gering, DiMaggio and Mantle called it quits?

Zero? Yeah.

7 since Mantle left.
23 after Ruth was gone.
I guess that they were not big stars in New York like Brett Favre is in Wisconsin eh?
They should have just folded in 1934 because their hero was gone just like some of the Packer fans are waiting to do. Jump off of that band wagon and start a site called Favreforum.com. Too weird.

Phil, there are times where I think you are funny and make intelligent posts, but this is not one of them. How fair is it to take the most sucessful franchise is pro sports to compare in this argument? What if I talked about Mordecai Brown and the 1908 Cubs and they still haven't won a championship. Or what if I said the Red Sox had to wait 85 years after they sold Ruth, their star player?

Now I'm not saying Favre is the last hope for Green Bay, and they will never win a championship. The success or failure is not based on the HOF player, it based on the new talent, which the Yankees could buy. Learn some history, Phil.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Yared-Yam said:
Philtration said:
After reading the comments here for the last two seasons I can see that some people here see it that way.

I saw Walter Payton, **** Butkus, Gale Sayers and Michael Jordan among others end their careers here and the fans did not expect them to give us more than they had already done.

How many championships have the Yankees won after players like Ruth, Gering, DiMaggio and Mantle called it quits?

Zero? Yeah.

7 since Mantle left.
23 after Ruth was gone.
I guess that they were not big stars in New York like Brett Favre is in Wisconsin eh?
They should have just folded in 1934 because their hero was gone just like some of the Packer fans are waiting to do. Jump off of that band wagon and start a site called Favreforum.com. Too weird.

What in the WORLD are you talking about? Your anology makes 0 sense. Please find me a Packer fan that feels we will never win a championship AGAIN after Favre retires. If you want to use a better example Id say the Niners after Montana would make more sense.

My God.
I gave you a very good football related example with the Titans letting Steve McNair go but that was to damn confusing because he was not as big a legend in Tennessee as Favre is in Wisconsin according to you guys.

Now that you brought up the 49ers, they drafted their starting QB in the same draft as Rodgers and they have a better record than the Packers right now while Alex Smith has a better passer rating than Favre with fewer picks.
They were 4-12 last season just like the Packers.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
Philtration said:
Yared-Yam said:
Philtration said:

Zero? Yeah.

7 since Mantle left.
23 after Ruth was gone.

What in the WORLD are you talking about? Your anology makes 0 sense. Please find me a Packer fan that feels we will never win a championship AGAIN after Favre retires. If you want to use a better example Id say the Niners after Montana would make more sense.

My God.
I gave you a very good football related example with the Titans letting Steve McNair go but that was to damn confusing because he was not as big a legend in Tennessee as Favre is in Wisconsin according to you guys.

Now that you brought up the 49ers, they drafted their starting QB in the same draft as Rodgers and they have a better record than the Packers right now while Alex Smith has a better passer rating than Favre with fewer picks.

Well since you bring up mantle, ruth etc etc why not talk about halas, butkus, lombardi, starr etc while we are at it....again use better anologies and the other poster is right. We can bring up the sox or cubs too.

Hey now...Alex Smith has thrown less ints than...Tom Brady. I guess that means the Niners are better off eh? Hes thrown ALOT less picks than Rex Grossman. Yet the niners have a worse record than either team. The whole argument here is that you feel they are catering to Favre and I don't. That's really what it gets down to and I doubt either of us are going to change the others opinion.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its only a matter of time, Yam. Then we won't see Phil for a month or so, then he'll be back all ****headish again saying GB sucks, ignoring the fact his team isnt superbowl champs either.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Cory said:
Philtration said:
Yared-Yam said:
Philtration said:

Zero? Yeah.

7 since Mantle left.
23 after Ruth was gone.

My God.

Well since you bring up mantle, ruth etc etc why not talk about halas, butkus, lombardi, starr etc while we are at it....again use better anologies and the other poster is right. We can bring up the sox or cubs too.

Hey now...Alex Smith has thrown less ints than...Tom Brady. I guess that means the Niners are better off eh? Hes thrown ALOT less picks than Rex Grossman. Yet the niners have a worse record than either team. The whole argument here is that you feel they are catering to Favre and I don't. That's really what it gets down to and I doubt either of us are going to change the others opinion.

Cub fans were not crying for Sosa to play 4 more years and White Sox fans did not build a weeping wall to get over Frank Thomas playing with Oakland.
You are also comparing the 49ers to the Patriots for some reason when they were much closer to the Packers last season so you might want to use some better analogies yourself there.
The 49ers and Titans have both moved on and are not wringing their hands over their 38 year old QB who is looking more like 48 these days.
Did you get that one? If Favre gives you the best chance to win and this is as good as you can do then you have a lot more issues than your QB and you are indeed catering to one player above the team.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its only a matter of time, Yam. Then we won't see Phil for a month or so, then he'll be back all ****headish again saying GB sucks, ignoring the fact his team isnt superbowl champs either.

Lol trom,

I needed that to put a smile on my face today !!! :rotflmao:

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cub fans were not crying for Sosa to play 4 more years and White Sox fans did not build a weeping wall to get over Frank Thomas playing with Oakland.
You are also comparing the 49ers to the Patriots for some reason when they were much closer to the Packers last season so you might want to use some better analogies yourself there.
The 49ers and Titans have both moved on and are not wringing their hands over their 38 year old QB who is looking more like 48 these days.
Did you get that one? If Favre gives you the best chance to win and this is as good as you can do then you have a lot more issues than your QB and you are indeed catering to one player above the team.

Lol Sosa and Thomas compared to Favre. Brilliant! I was referring to your "hes thrown less ints than Favre" comment. What in the world does that matter? Brady has thrown more than Favre this year as well. Of course the Patriots and Niners are different teams at different stages. How about this..Do you get this? Favre wants to come back. The team doesn't want to trade him. It's really THAT simple. He knew what he was possibly coming back to....

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lol Sosa and Thomas compared to Favre. Brilliant! I was referring to your "hes thrown less ints than Favre" comment. What in the world does that matter? Brady has thrown more than Favre this year as well. Of course the Patriots and Niners are different teams at different stages. How about this..Do you get this? Favre wants to come back. The team doesn't want to trade him. It's really THAT simple. He knew what he was possibly coming back to....

Ummmm.... you bring up the Cubs and White Sox for who knows what reason and when I go along with your logic you find it absurd? I agree but it was your argument.
I brought up an aging Steve McNair and the Titans going with their QB of the future and you did not get it.
I brought up Walter Payton who meant just as much to the Bears as Brett Favre does to the Packers and you did not get it.
I brought up Michael Jordan who won 6 titles with the Bulls (5 more than Favre) and is considered by most as the greatest player in NBA history and you did not get it.
I brought up Babe Ruth leaving the Yankees when it was his time and you did not get it.

It is safe to say that the theme here is that you just do not get it.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:

Ummmm.... you bring up the Cubs and White Sox for who knows what reason and when I go along with your logic you find it absurd? I agree but it was your argument.
I brought up an aging Steve McNair and the Titans going with their QB of the future and you did not get it.
I brought up Walter Payton who meant just as much to the Bears as Brett Favre does to the Packers and you did not get it.
I brought up Michael Jordan who won 6 titles with the Bulls (5 more than Favre) and is considered by most as the greatest player in NBA history and you did not get it.
I brought up Babe Ruth leaving the Yankees when it was his time and you did not get it.

Hmmmm I'm just not getting it. First you compare arguably the most successful franchise in sports history to the Packers. You're argument was "they won when ruth left blah blah" and someone else brings up the red sox took 86 years to win it after ruth was traded away. The Cubs are STILL searching for their first title win in just a shade under a century. Not to mention the fact that no one is concerned with wether or not we may or may not win a title 50 years after Favre is DEAD let alone retired. Steve McNair doesn't compare to Brett's legend although they didn't have the money to pay him and the way he was treated it has gone as far as to call Floyd a racist(yes evern after drafting a black QB). That's just fact. Payton and Jordan both RETIRED from their respective teams. If Favre had in fact chosen to retire this offseason then Rogers would have been the starting QB.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If the Bears lose in the playoffs I will come right here and then you can tell me all about the Packers master plan to suck real bad so they can get a higher draft pick just like last year Trom. Hell, what would you know about winning a championship Mr. Cub fan.

Did you notice that I did not have to say IF they make the playoffs there?
Oh I forgot. The Packers one title in 40 years is a dynasty and it is the rest of the world who does not understand this little secret.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Cory said:

Hmmmm I'm just not getting it. First you compare arguably the most successful franchise in sports history to the Packers. You're argument was "they won when ruth left blah blah" and someone else brings up the red sox took 86 years to win it after ruth was traded away. The Cubs are STILL searching for their first title win in just a shade under a century. Not to mention the fact that no one is concerned with wether or not we may or may not win a title 50 years after Favre is DEAD let alone retired. Steve McNair doesn't compare to Brett's legend although they didn't have the money to pay him and the way he was treated it has gone as far as to call Floyd a racist(yes evern after drafting a black QB). That's just fact. Payton and Jordan both RETIRED from their respective teams. If Favre had in fact chosen to retire this offseason then Rogers would have been the starting QB.

If Favre had decided for the Packers right?
That is the whole damn point. They do not have the sack to do what is best for the future of the Packers and are just milking the whole Favre thing.
How is the whole keep playing the 38 year old QB working out for the Packers these days? I mean since you are not concerned as to whether the Packers win another title for the next 50 years.
You are just another one of these guys with an obsessive man crush on Brett Favre and he just happens to play for Green Bay.
I hope they delay the future for a few more years myself. As long as the Packer, Vikings and Lions suck it means 6 games a year for the Bears against crappy teams. Feed on the division to get home field in the playoffs.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
Philtration said:
Cory said:

That is the whole damn point. They do not have the sack to do what is best for the future of the Packers and are just milking the whole Favre thing.
How is the whole keep playing the 38 year old QB working out for the Packers these days? I mean since you are not concerned as to whether the Packers win another title for the next 50 years.
You are just another one of these guys with an obsessive man crush on Brett Favre and he just happens to play for Green Bay.
I hope they delay the future for a few more years myself. As long as the Packer, Vikings and Lions suck it means 6 games a year for the Bears against crappy teams. Feed on the division to get home field in the playoffs.

Why don't you read MM's Press Conference Phil. It seems our head coach is a lot more concerned with the D and pass protection than he is with Brett's Play, but he is only the Head Coach so maybe we should listen to you instead !!!

http://packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8805

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Cory said:
Philtration said:
Cory said:

Why don't you read MM's Press Conference Phil. It seems our head coach is a lot more concerned with the D and pass protection than he is with Brett's Play, but he is only the Head Coach so maybe we should listen to you instead !!!

http://packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8805

He should be concerned with their D because it just may be the worst in the league.
You are not really expecting him to bash Favre are you? He could throw 5 pick and lose 2 fumbles and they would call it "Brett just trying to win"

Every QB is trying to win! No one says that Grossman throwing a pick just shows what a competitor he is. Do you have any idea how weird that sounds to the rest of the league?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Yared-Yam said:
Philtration said:

Zero? Yeah.

7 since Mantle left.
23 after Ruth was gone.

Phil, there are times where I think you are funny and make intelligent posts, but this is not one of them. How fair is it to take the most sucessful franchise is pro sports to compare in this argument? What if I talked about Mordecai Brown and the 1908 Cubs and they still haven't won a championship. Or what if I said the Red Sox had to wait 85 years after they sold Ruth, their star player?

Now I'm not saying Favre is the last hope for Green Bay, and they will never win a championship. The success or failure is not based on the HOF player, it based on the new talent, which the Yankees could buy. Learn some history, Phil.

I do in fact know some history my friend.
I had to pull the whole Babe Ruth and the Yankees comparison out because the football ones were not sinking in. The Packers having won more titles than any other team in the NFL do in fact compare to the Yankees and Favre being their version of Ruth was the point.
Every time you mention Favre as being human (a 38 year old one at that) someone gets all hysterical and rants about how he is god-like to the community. Never mind that he hightails it out of that community as fast as he can once the season is over.
When I brought up Steve McNair you would have thought that I peed in the Pope's hat on Easter or something.
Compare Favre to McNair and it is blasphemy!
Compare the Packers to the current Titans or 49ers and it is an insult.
Compare Favre to Babe Ruth and the Packers to the Yankees and now I am not being fair.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol this is pretty entertaining. Were down 31-0 at the half and its all Bretts fault :rotflmao: Yeah, we have the worst defense in the league, but we need a new qb. :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

The Ted Thompson excuses pile up just as fast as the losses do.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol this is pretty entertaining. Were down 31-0 at the half and its all Bretts fault :rotflmao: Yeah, we have the best defense in the league, we need a new qb. :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

I don't know about everyone else's point but what I was saying is that they suck so badly that they are just in denial in thinking that Favre playing while their # 1 draft pick QB sits around is doing the team any good. This will not hold very well for their future.
You will be feeding Rodgers to the Lions (no pun intended) when he has to do it every week with expectations sky high and no real NFL action to speak of. They have had more than a few chances to play him now and then and he may end up starting in 2007 without a clue.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:
Lol this is pretty entertaining. Were down 31-0 at the half and its all Bretts fault :rotflmao: Yeah, we have the best defense in the league, we need a new qb. :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

I don't know about everyone else's point but what I was saying is that they suck so badly that they are just in denial in thinking that Favre playing while their # 1 draft pick QB sits around is doing the team any good. This will not hold very well for their future.
You will be feeding Rodgers to the Lions (no pun intended) when he has to do it every week with expectations sky high and no real NFL action to speak of. They have had more than a few chances to play him now and then and he may end up starting in 2007 without a clue.

Well then it is a good thing we did not feed Aaron to the lions this year like a lot of fans wanted to do. We fed the lions Brett instead. But that is not the issue here. The biggest problem on our team is the D. We are dead last and this is an undeniable problem that needs to be fixed. Take a look and then tell me again how any QB over comes these points allowed:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-SCORING/2006/regular

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:agree:

LOOK OUT HELL IS ABOUT TO FREEZE OVER!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's fairly obvious that the Packers will need to upgrade the defensive end position, along with a corner and a safety this offseason.

New York repeatedly attacked the middle of the field on our safeties.

That was the worst display of defensive football that I have ever seen.

Members online

Latest posts