Letroy Guion expected to sign 1 yr deal with Pack

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not when the evidence supporting the charge is black and white. What are you suggesting, that someone planted the drugs in his vehicle?
I'm suggesting being charged with a felony means just that. Being a felon means being convicted of a felony, something that happens way way way less than 100% of the time, due to aquitals, plea bargains, dropped charges, mistrials ..... Any number of reasons. That said I still think Roger has very wide latitude to take pretty draconian action based on the charges, regardless of any eventual legal outcome. Let's not forget Ray Rice was never EVER convicted of ANYTHING. I don't think he was ever even charged.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is true that Goodell has wide latitude to enforce his vision of justice in the league, but I don't see how this is in anyway related to Ray Rice. The guy basically got off with a tiny slap on the hand until that video was released. Then all hell broke loose. and rightly so.

Since then, I think this actually helps Guion, as the NFL seems to have tried to tighten things up a bit more so things don't seem as willy nilly concerning punishments.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm suggesting being charged with a felony means just that. Being a felon means being convicted of a felony, something that happens way way way less than 100% of the time, due to aquitals, plea bargains, dropped charges, mistrials ..... Any number of reasons.

The man had a huge bag of weed and a firearm in his possession. Whether he gets off or not, that is a CRIME.

Let's not forget Ray Rice was never EVER convicted of ANYTHING. I don't think he was ever even charged.

So then in your book Ray Rice did nothing wrong. Figures.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What was he carrying in cash? $197k. ? That amount of money, plus gun = transporting for sale, or dealing .... or both. EITHER WAY = stupid goof ....who doesn't belong on team because of high risk of MAJOR future goof-ups.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
;)
The man had a huge bag of weed and a firearm in his possession. Whether he gets off or not, that is a CRIME.

So then in your book Ray Rice did nothing wrong. Figures.

So you are saying Ray Rice is Satan and jas killed a bunch of orphans and is planning on detonating a nuke in NY? Wow.

The first strawman never stands a chance.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys like Guion are a dime a dozen. He's a solid player but nothing to get excited about.

He's so "dime a dozen" the Packers were negotiating a long-term contract with him.

Have you watched the defensive line at all? Guion is better than everybody on the line except for Mike Daniels.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He said it was money from the Packers too. Someone get this guy over to Associated Bank and tell him about the magic of a basic FDIC insured checking account.

I read that and laughed. He said he "cashed a bunch of Packer checks" because he was moving. :eek:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
;)

So you are saying Ray Rice is Satan and jas killed a bunch of orphans and is planning on detonating a nuke in NY? Wow.

You apparently missed the context. He was minimizing what Rice did based on the fact he wasn't tried for it.

And yes. Ray Rice is Satan, but that's beside the point.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You apparently missed the context. He was minimizing what Rice did based on the fact he wasn't tried for it.

And yes. Ray Rice is Satan, but that's beside the point.
No. He didn't minimize what Rice did by the fact that he wasn't tried for it. I probably shouldn't be making AK's point for him, but in this country we are supposedly innocent until proven guilty. That is a fact. Ray Rice was never found guilty of anything. That is a fact. You are the one who read waaaaay into what he was trying to point out. Was Ray guilty? How the hell do you know? I got news for you, there are some women out there who are actually into that kind of thing. They literally get off on it - I know this for a fact. Does Mrs. Rice? I don't know. Maybe that is why he wasn't charged. Maybe it is something she ASKS him to do? Maybe her privacy into her personal business prevents her from telling the media on what she likes.

Do I believe that? No. But is it actually possible? YEP.

Did AKCheese ever say Ray Rice did nothing wrong as you allege? No.

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks mafioso. Actually my comment has nothing to do with Ray Rice's virtue or lack thereof, it has to do with the fact that Roger has the ability to come down pretty hard REGARDLESS of what the criminal justice system does .... If anything. I'm not sure Ray Rice was ever even charged with a crime. If he was the charges were dropped.....hence....NOT a felon

Now if Leroy had just been sharp enough to come up with "oh my gosh officer I sm SO glad to see you..... I was just coming back from cashing my Packer checks and LOOK what I found laying in the middle of the street, I was just on my way to turn it in!!!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. He didn't minimize what Rice did by the fact that he wasn't tried for it. I probably shouldn't be making AK's point for him, but in this country we are supposedly innocent until proven guilty. That is a fact. Ray Rice was never found guilty of anything. That is a fact.

And I already told you why. The charges against him were dropped when he agreed to go to a "program"... something 95% of the rest of us never would have been offered.

Was Ray guilty? How the hell do you know? I got news for you, there are some women out there who are actually into that kind of thing. They literally get off on it - I know this for a fact. Does Mrs. Rice?

Show me one example of a woman who gets off on being knocked out cold in public and dragged off of an elevator like a corpse.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure Ray Rice was ever even charged with a crime. If he was the charges were dropped...

He wasn't just charged. He was indicted. He was then offered a deal to go to an intervention program for first time offenders which allows charges to be dropped after meeting program requirements. So that's what he did. If he wasn't guilty of anything, why wouldn't he take his day in court and clear his name? Because he knew he would be found guilty. The tape doesn't lie. Next time he won't get the same break. Either way, he's a POS.

Besides, when I said about Guion being a felon, I was looking at the possibility down the road. You don't want to sign the guy and then him be convicted of that felony in September. Legalities and deals aside, there's no denying he was caught with a large amount of drugs that qualify easily for felony charges. We don't need to re-sign him.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not take a gamble on Guion? Now he has no bargaining leverage. The Packers can sign him for a minimum deal for one year. If Letroy goes to the Klink the Packers can cut his ***. If he pleads down to a misdemeanor then they can have him cheap for another season.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
So to review, a LOT of weed, a LOT of money, ( I've read that law enforcement has very very wide latitude to seize cash suspected of being the fruits of drug trade, I'd put his chances of reclaiming that cash at.... Slim). So a lot of money and a lot of weed and a gun.... Yes if Leroy was getting popped for SMOKING weed I think he might get a slap on the wrist per the CBA.... But I think Roger has pretty freestyle latitude when an NFL'r gets popped with a village worth of weed, a bunch of cash and a gun.... Plus reportedly not a good rapport with law enforcement when they stopped him. I would also speculate (pure speculation) that he did not habitually cash a game check for "cash" and the $190k would be a couple/3,4 (?) game checks after withholding SS federal tax agents cut state tax etc. He's goi tng to need a good lawyer and a GREAT accountant to not see the Starkes PD put that money in their Christmas Party fund.
For an NFL player that just cashed $200,000, 357 grams of weed is not a LOT. Its about 3/4ths of a pound. Which is a lot for personal use, but when sharing with friends, really not an unbelievable amount (about $2,000 worth) and definitely is NOT enough to sell and make a ton of money off of. In Florida, possession of over 20g is considered a felony and a maximum of 5 years imprisonment and $5,000 fine; the state of florida possess very strict laws compared to other states. In Wisconsin (for example), possession of ANY amount of marijuana in the first offense is a misdemeanor. So really it is up to the court's discretion. His story (if true) will play to his advantage and may get off scott-free.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the headlines of this case look a lot worse than the actual story. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if he was back and cheaper :)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For an NFL player that just cashed $200,000, 357 grams of weed is not a LOT. Its about 3/4ths of a pound. Which is a lot for personal use, but when sharing with friends, really not an unbelievable amount (about $2,000 worth) and definitely is NOT enough to sell and make a ton of money off of. In Florida, possession of over 20g is considered a felony and a maximum of 5 years imprisonment and $5,000 fine; the state of florida possess very strict laws compared to other states. In Wisconsin (for example), possession of ANY amount of marijuana in the first offense is a misdemeanor. So really it is up to the court's discretion. His story (if true) will play to his advantage and may get off scott-free.
My thought is he had 200 lbs and sold it for the $200k and skimmed a few ounces for his own use.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK so Rice was charged, charges were dropped for whatever reason, doesn't really matter, he was never convicted that's my point. Yet Roger has a wide range of discretion over what to do, same with Guion.

As for why he would agree to entering a program? I'm guessing that was the legal advice he got, "bird in the hand".

I don't KNOW Ray Rice, never met him, I wish he and his wife good luck going forward, same with Leroy.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Thompson says at the Combine that there's a lot of water that has to go under the bridge before the Packers will figure out Guion´s future with the team.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think the Packers are just.... "waiting for the smoke to clear"? :coffee:

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
According to WBAY-TV, Green Bay... Mike McCarthy said that Guion is back in Green Bay and the Pack want to re-sign him once thinks shake out.

Guion had pot. Whoops. The cop smelled pot scent in the vehicle - the cop couldn't have bad sinuses that night? Of course not .... damn the luck.
Guion had a boxed and unloaded, gun with a Minnesota registry... in his trunk. Whoops
Guion's statements regarding the cash were all verified by bank statements. He had the cash to help relatives back home.

Whoops. Wait 'til it's cleared up and sign the guy with a 'specific clause' contract ... screw it.

Yeah, Roger will rip him a new one.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

According to WBAY-TV, Green Bay... Mike McCarthy said that Guion is back in Green Bay and the Pack want to re-sign him once thinks shake out.

Guion had pot. Whoops. The cop smelled pot scent in the vehicle - the cop couldn't have bad sinuses that night? Of course not .... damn the luck.
Guion had a boxed and unloaded, gun with a Minnesota registry... in his trunk. Whoops
Guion's statements regarding the cash were all verified by bank statements. He had the cash to help relatives back home.

Whoops. Wait 'til it's cleared up and sign the guy with a 'specific clause' contract ... screw it.

Yeah, Roger will rip him a new one.

McCarthy said he would love to have Guion back but Thompson made it pretty clear that the legal situation has to be solved first.

In addition there's no evidence known to the public as of now that Guion's statements regarding the money have been verified by anybody.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guion is one of our best defensive tackles. That's the problem. Football Outsiders has our defensive line ranked 26th in the league last season. The middle ranked 18th. It isn't good enough. Either the coaches have to "coach 'em up" or we need different players.

H

HardRightEdge

But he has to go to civil court to get his car, gun and the $190,000 back? I guess that's his fine pending a review of the preponderance of the evidence. Instead of the DA making a case that the money is ill gotten, Guion has to prove it isn't in civil court? Interesting justice system in Florida.

Anyway, Guion's going to be suspended by the NFL on the dope possession alone. How long remains to be seen.

Members online

Latest posts