LB De'Vondre Campbell on reserve/COVID-19 list

D

Deleted member 6794

And that is why I say let them play if they do not show any symptoms. What is the point of making them take the vaccine only to have them sit out anyway?

A player who has tested positive can infect others with COVID-19, no matter if he's vaccinated or not. The huge difference being that a vaccinated player can get back as soon as he has tested negative twice because in most cases he's not contagious for as long as an unvaccinated one.

There's absolutely no way to let him play as long as he tests positive though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
And that is why I say let them play if they do not show any symptoms. What is the point of making them take the vaccine only to have them sit out anyway?
and THIS is exactly why Covid is still such a big problem in the world.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A player who has tested positive can infect others with COVID-19, no matter if he's vaccinated or not. The huge difference being that a vaccinated player can't get back as soon as he has tested negative twice because in most cases he's not contagious for as long as an unvaccinated one.

There's absolutely no way to let him play as long as he tests positive though.
No confidence in this vaccine but so many are pandering to this fear like the vaccine is supposed to cure all but still are cautious to let people who are vaccinated go on with their daily lives.
Yes, most people are well aware this "vaccine" doesn't prevent people from catching it, getting sick from it, dying from it, or spreading it. But continue on like sheep(not to insult anyone) to think this is a VACCINE and will get rid of this virus.
As HeyJoe stated this virus isn't going anywhere.
We are now at a point where the this "vaccine" is being "updated." Why? Isn't boosters enough? I would have no problem if they just come out and admit they have no VACCINE but a shot that we might have to take yearly like the flu shot. I get my flu shot(someone's choice) yearly and will have no problem getting this on a yearly basis too. The government needs to stop with this nonsense forcing people to take these "vaccines" and pretending this will go away.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No confidence in this vaccine but so many are pandering to this fear like the vaccine is supposed to cure all but still are cautious to let people who are vaccinated go on with their daily lives.
Yes, most people are well aware this "vaccine" doesn't prevent people from catching it, getting sick from it, dying from it, or spreading it. But continue on like sheep(not to insult anyone) to think this is a VACCINE and will get rid of this virus.
As HeyJoe stated this virus isn't going anywhere.
We are now at a point where the this "vaccine" is being "updated." Why? Isn't boosters enough? I would have no problem if they just come out and admit they have no VACCINE but a shot that we might have to take yearly like the flu shot. I get my flu shot(someone's choice) yearly and will have no problem getting this on a yearly basis too. The government needs to stop with this nonsense forcing people to take these "vaccines" and pretending this will go away.
This entire post again proves just how uniformed or educated you are about the situation. Yet, you continue to ramble on like you do.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Here's what strikes me about these discussions.

If there is a spectrum of views on COVID, from the extremely concerned and extremely pro-mitigation on the right side to the extremely unconcerned and anti-mitigation on the left side, I am obviously left of center. Of course, I'm not saying that it's binary. We are all somewhere in the middle between the two extreme ends. I am way close to someone who is just right of center than I am to, say, a conspiracy theorist who doesn't believe the vaccines accomplish anything at all.

What's interesting is that I feel like people on the left are generally fine with saying "we disagree with you guys on the other side, but that's not a big deal; let's just leave each other alone."

Whereas the sentiments I often (note-- not generally; I wouldn't say this is a majority) see on the right side are "you need to be silent, you need to be banned, you need to let my opinions control your actions."

In other words, one side says "yeah I don't have much faith in lockdowns, masks, or vaccine mandates, but if you want to stay home, mask up, or get the jabs, great."

Whereas many on the other side say "I do have faith in the lockdowns, masks, and vaccine mandates, so the authorities needs to enforce these things on you."

It's those latter people and their ideology who are far and away the biggest threat at work in this whole debacle. They and their mindset are way more dangerous than the virus. If I'm motivated to vocally oppose anything in this whole situation, it's them.

Reaction score
This is more just a generality of the big picture of Viral outbreaks. Because I do empathize with both sides to some degree. I can relate to the Cole Beasleys of the world. I don’t trust anyone really. Im one that carries a mini 15oz Sig Sauer on longer walks, I’m as paranoid as as the average joe.
But why were people not so adamant against past vaccines? We’ve had flu vaccines going back decades, Polio, etc.. There’s zero argument that they have been ineffective. We’ve had scientific answers for every known illness going back forever.
It perplexes me. Why are some people so adamant that this (Covid) exact vaccine is so detrimental to our health or totally ineffective? It’s not like people became skeptical overnight. There’s been conspiracy theories in every major event in history. Why suddenly is this one the vaccine to end all righteousness? Yet we’ve all been shotted up since childhood.

PS. Past vaccines have eradicated many viral transmissions (to only 3rd world type countries etc..). Why just throw in the towel on this one? Explain to me why past vaccines were ok, but this one is special circumstances.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don’t trust anyone really. Im one that carries a mini 15oz Sig Sauer on longer walks, I’m as paranoid as as the average joe.

That is a big coffee mug, I only carry a travel mug when I walk and I think it barely holds 10 oz. Paranoid that you will run out? :coffee:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what strikes me about these discussions.

If there is a spectrum of views on COVID, from the extremely concerned and extremely pro-mitigation on the right side to the extremely unconcerned and anti-mitigation on the left side, I am obviously left of center. Of course, I'm not saying that it's binary. We are all somewhere in the middle between the two extreme ends. I am way close to someone who is just right of center than I am to, say, a conspiracy theorist who doesn't believe the vaccines accomplish anything at all.

What's interesting is that I feel like people on the left are generally fine with saying "we disagree with you guys on the other side, but that's not a big deal; let's just leave each other alone."

Whereas the sentiments I often (note-- not generally; I wouldn't say this is a majority) see on the right side are "you need to be silent, you need to be banned, you need to let my opinions control your actions."

In other words, one side says "yeah I don't have much faith in lockdowns, masks, or vaccine mandates, but if you want to stay home, mask up, or get the jabs, great."

Whereas many on the other side say "I do have faith in the lockdowns, masks, and vaccine mandates, so the authorities needs to enforce these things on you."

It's those latter people and their ideology who are far and away the biggest threat at work in this whole debacle. They and their mindset are way more dangerous than the virus. If I'm motivated to vocally oppose anything in this whole situation, it's them.
It's this mindset that is killing this country's core system. Just recently these same people enforced their ideologies in the murder cases that made headline news. Both outcomes were just however, with one verdict the outrage was felt and they tried to undermine the justice system by enforcing demands. This same mindset is witnessed around this country and people are getting tired of it especially being told what to do or how to think.

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is more just a generality of the big picture of Viral outbreaks. Because I do empathize with both sides to some degree. I can relate to the Cole Beasleys of the world. I don’t trust anyone really. Im one that carries a mini 15oz Sig Sauer on longer walks, I’m as paranoid as as the average joe.
But why were people not so adamant against past vaccines? We’ve had flu vaccines going back decades, Polio, etc.. There’s zero argument that they have been ineffective. We’ve had scientific answers for every known illness going back forever.
It perplexes me. Why are some people so adamant that this (Covid) exact vaccine is so detrimental to our health or totally ineffective? It’s not like people became skeptical overnight. There’s been conspiracy theories in every major event in history. Why suddenly is this one the vaccine to end all righteousness? Yet we’ve all been shotted up since childhood.

PS. Past vaccines have eradicated many viral transmissions (to only 3rd world type countries etc..). Why just throw in the towel on this one? Explain to me why past vaccines were ok, but this one is special circumstances.
Krab said it best. Most are not against this vaccine but against the idea that we are forced to take it. We have been dealing with flu pandemics since the Spanish flu. Those pandemics have killed millions throughout history. We have yet to mandate any flu shots.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's this mindset that is killing this country's core system. Just recently these same people enforced their ideologies in the murder cases that made headline news. Both outcomes were just however, with one verdict the outrage was felt and they tried to undermine the justice system by enforcing demands. This same mindset is witnessed around this country and people are getting tired of it especially being told what to do or how to think.

Yes, don't let Jan 6th fool you, those people's mindsets were just what this country needs now!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, don't let Jan 6th fool you, those people's mindsets were just what this country needs now!
Always have to bring up jan 6. LOL Those were idiots! Now will u admit all those who rioted, damaged buildings, and looted are idiots? You know who I’m talking about.

Reaction score
Krab said it best. Most are not against this vaccine but against the idea that we are forced to take it. We have been dealing with flu pandemics since the Spanish flu. Those pandemics have killed millions throughout history. We have yet to mandate any flu shots.
Totally in agreement there. But also then expect some reprisals I guess. Lol

U.P. Packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't turn this into a political discussion. Neither party is looking out for what is best for the country right now.

Reaction score
Always have to bring up jan 6. LOL Those were idiots! Now will u admit all those who rioted, damaged buildings, and looted are idiots? You know who I’m talking about.
My Mom was actually up there with her friends. Although from what I understand her group wasn’t busting into the Capital either :tup: She didn’t even know that happened until later on. True story.

1% of any crowd can be very damaging. The vast majority were just easy going people who love their country. My Mom’s one of those who would do anything for her country.

1% of 300,00 people is plenty to get a false impression of the 297,000 others who would never condone that craziness. The problem with both parties is we’re letting the 1% put us at odds. If I remember correctly ~1% doesn’t dictate to the 99% unless the 99 get weak.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
IF you are talking about those that used peaceful protests as an excuse to damage and loot buildings, I would agree that they were idiots. Just who are you talking about?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Mom was actually up there with her friends. Although from what I understand her group wasn’t busting into the Capital either :tup: She didn’t even know that happened until later on. True story.

1% of any crowd can be very damaging. The vast majority were just easy going people who love their country. My Mom’s one of those who would do anything for her country.

1% of 300,00 people is plenty to get a false impression of the 297,000 others who would never condone that craziness. The problem with both parties is we’re letting the 1% put us at odds. If I remember correctly ~1% doesn’t dictate to the 99% unless the 99 get weak.
YOU HAVE A GREAT MOM who loves America, Old!

BTW I wasn't calling your mom or those protesting sensibly idiots. They had my support 100%

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You already covered that for me. I will spare the rest of the forum.
What does that have to do with my post you replied to? And why do you play these childish games? Are you saying the people I was referring to in my post about demanding the justice system adhere to their demands are idiots? Not sure what you are getting at.
To clarify I wasn't talking about those who protested the election were idiots, I was talking about those that broke into the Capital building as being IDIOTS.