2023 TNF shout box thread vs Motown kitty cats.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question I have is will games
5-8 see slight improvements over mistakes we made in games 1-4. I’m not as worried about the “talk” around town or even our raw record. We aren’t built for a deep playoff run right now I’m sorry upfront if that hurts anyone’s dreams.
Personally I want to know can we put fixes in place that noticeably reduce run yards allowed, penalty # allowed, negative plays allowed early, especially in possessions 1-2 etc. We need to see improvement in lane discipline, fundamental discipline and self inflictions. If we do that and go 7-10 vs a sloppier version of 9-8 I’m ok with that.
I like Montgomery. I’m here to tell you David Montgomery is not Dalvin Cook prime and I don’t care what people say that’s a fact. He has largely been a non factor agaunat GB until he got behind a top 5 OL in Detroit. He’s a good but not great RB We let him him have a field day because Detroit has a Big, Physical OL with 3-Day1 selections on it. They out blocked our smaller DL. That might mean increasing usage of LVN, Gary this next week. They’ll have 10 days of rest and a bye week afterwards, work them both like Junkyard Dogs and get that run D fixed
One of my arguments for the last 10 years was to get stouter on the DL because of big O lines. Kenny Clark is just one. We just cannot seem to find the other pieces.

Reaction score
One of my arguments for the last 10 years was to get stouter on the DL because of big O lines. Kenny Clark is just one. We just cannot seem to find the other pieces.
Wyatt and Clark have been our most impactful iDL this far in 2023. I was surprised to see Wyatt’s stats so far..
4games, 2 starts he has:
12 Tackles, 6 Solo (149 snaps)
4 TFL (for loss)
3 QB hits
2.5 Sacks
That’s in that Probowl level impact if extrapolated. 31% TFL is “Elite”

Comparatively Kenny Clark has
4 games 4 Starts
13 Tackles 4 Solo (200 snaps)
1 TFL
5 QB hits
2.0 Sacks

We need 1 more DL to rise to the occasion. I’d like to see more Karl Brooks
4 games 0 starts (111 Snaps)
4 tackles 4 Solo
3 TFL! (Major Elite)
2 QB hits
2 Sacks

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wyatt and Clark have been our most impactful iDL this far in 2023. I was surprised to see Wyatt’s stats so far..
4games, 2 starts he has:
12 Tackles, 6 Solo (149 snaps)
4 TFL (for loss)
3 QB hits
2.5 Sacks
That’s in that Probowl level impact if extrapolated. 31% TFL is “Elite”

Comparatively Kenny Clark has
4 games 4 Starts
13 Tackles 4 Solo (200 snaps)
1 TFL
5 QB hits
2.0 Sacks

We need 1 more DL to rise to the occasion. I’d like to see more Karl Brooks
4 games 0 starts (111 Snaps)
4 tackles 4 Solo
3 TFL! (Major Elite)
2 QB hits
2 Sacks
I like that. But also we have only faced one good offensive line so far.