Kevin Greene stepping down

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not overly concerned. I've never seen a team lose and known of anyone to think, "If only their OLB coach was better."

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Reports that Greene was unhappy have been leaking for years now. There's always that pro wrestling career to fall back on

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never heard (saw) you say there here before. Did you think Greene coached the safeties?

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/all-capers-threads-merged.49180/page-24#post-534138

From December:
I think the biggest upgrade the Packer defense can make for next season is a fresh face at DC. I think some of the position coaches should be gone as well - including Kevin Greene. Not sure why anyone thinks he should be the DC. Does not seem enough of the cerebral type for guiding the D. Other than CM3, who was instantly good so I'm not sure KG can take credit for his development, no OLB has yet to be developed by Greene. My issue with the overall defense is too many breakdowns. That is a result of poor coaching, IMHO.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
One of the Press-Gazette reporters - not sure which one anymore - tweeted on the day of the announcement that the terminology used is that which indicates that his contract wasn't being renewed by the Packers. Not sure that is the case and the guy at the Journal-Sentinel who usually jumps on ANYTHING that could be remotely negative didn't comment in the same manner. If I were a betting man, I'd say that Greene's departure was by mutual consent.

Anyone remember the play in the NFC Championship game following the '96 season where Greene broke through and by all measures SHOULD have had Favre sacked, but Favre dumped the ball to a running back I believe, with Greene wrapped around his legs? That was just one of those memorable plays ... anyway ... good luck to Greene and a big thanks for your service. Really.

Members online

Latest posts