Kevin barry

Canadian packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am reading that there are teams interested in OG Kevin Barry because the packers wouldn't get any draft picks because he was undrafted. Teams are saying this is a bad draft for O lineman. Hopefully if someone does offer him a contract the packers will match ( if the price isn't crazy) because they can't afford to lose anymore lineman.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinkin' they was thinkin' that they'd plug Kevin"Meatball"Berry and Floyd"Pork Chop"Womack into the line and we're in pretty decent shape. :mrgreen:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
I was thinkin' they was thinkin' that they'd plug Kevin"Meatball"Berry and Floyd"Pork Chop"Womack into the line and we're in pretty decent shape. :mrgreen:

Yep, espically if we get Tommy "Mashed Potatoes' Milloy we'll be gravy!

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Womack (Porkchop) resigned with the Seattle Seahawks for two years. Personally I think the Packers will try to move Tauscher to right guard and put Kevin Berry at right tackle. Berry needs to be signed, but the Packers can match a competing offer. I sure hope the Packers can keep Kevin Berry. Tausher prefers to play right tackle, but I think the Packers offensive line coach will ask him to switch for the good of the team. I assume Morley will get a shot at Left Guard. If that does not work out the Packers will probably switch Flanigan to left guard and plug Scott Wells into the center spot. Scott Wells was a smart pick at the 7th spot. Sherman did make some good draft picks.

swartzcatz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see the Pack pick up another guard and keep Berry where he's been in the U package. It's an unbeatable package when everyones on the right page.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed they need to sign an experienced guard that can be an adequate starter. I would hate to see them have to start 2 unproven players along with 2 players out of position on the line. :shock:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flanagan staying put
--- While the Packers' search for replacements for departed guards Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera has been unsuccessful so far - Seattle's Floyd "Pork Chop" Womack, who visited last week, re-signed with the Seahawks Sunday - Sherman said he is reluctant to move center Mike Flanagan to the position.

"Flanagan's such a dominant player at the center position and he made such a difference for us," Sherman said. "I hate to say this because it'll come up in negotiations, but he's a Pro Bowl-type player. I would say that (moving him) is not out of the (realm of) possibility, anything's possible, but it's certainly not a probability."

Meanwhile, right tackle Mark Tauscher reiterated his desire to stay put.

"I like where I'm at. I hope I stay where I'm at," Tauscher said. "I talked to (offensive line) coach (Larry) Beightol right after Marco signed and he told me that I was his right tackle. But I'm not (so) naive to think that's it. There could be several changes."

Members online

Latest posts