1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ken Hamlin

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by A12ROD903, Apr 2, 2010.

1. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Im sure everyone knows by now but the Cowboys cut Flozell Adams and Ken Hamlin. I guess people saw the Adams release but not the Hamlin, hes a pretty solid SS. hes in his 8th season and is 29 years old. Hes a player who can get 80-90 tackles and 5 INTS a season. Do you think this is the Packers opportunity to add some really solid strength to their secondary? I think GB should be seriously looking at Hamlin.

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I see Hamlin the same way I see Bigby. A guy that was terrific in 07 but hasn't shown up since.

Actually, I like Bigby better. Bigby last year came on strong, until he got injuried.

Hamlin, once got paid, did nothing.

3. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    But there's some positives about Hamlin that sets him above Bigby: limited injury history plus extensive experience in the 3-4 defense. Plus Hamlin was drafted by TT back when he was VP of the seahawks.

4. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Flozell wouldn't be a bad pickup either. He'll definitely come cheap as he'll b a backup. The Dallas Cowboys are pretty much giving the Packers the last pieces to their roster, TT should take advantage.

5. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I dont think Flozell will come cheap, he will probably be asking for alot, he is a pro bowler. I also dont think that signing these guys would be the end all to our needs. I dont think TT would go for Flozell hes got too much baggage, but I think Hamlin is a good possibility, plus like you stated, he was originally drafted by TT who probably knows him better than some of his teammates.

6. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    dont see either happing but you never know. i do like bigby better then hamlin if he can stay healthy

7. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    It's a big concern when a player signs a big contract and his production stops. Reminds me of Cletidus.

8. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Oh yeah, forget all his past transgressions, TT should pick him up because he's cheap!

9. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Definitely DO NOT want Flozell.... not that we don't need better o-linemen.. but we dont need this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbsdBGOmVM8]YouTube - Flozell Adams Late Hit On Justin Tuck[/ame]

Wouldn't mind having Hamlin though, could sub in and out with Bigby.

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Agree with the majority, no thank you. I want a positive influence on our locker room, not a negative one.

This screams a Bill B signing, or a Al Davis big money signing.

11. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Okay Okay I get it, Flozell trips an NFL player and now he is on the FBI's most wanted list. I'm not advocating that we sign him immediately, only get a look at if we still can't find an OT by draft day. Flozell is 34 and he's certainly past his prime which is why I find him to be so cheap. Yet he's better than any backup that you can think of.

12. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Well my idea for this thread was to focus on Ken Hamlin. But in regards to Flozell, I dont think a little attitude on our oline would be bad AT ALL. Plus, Adams had a beef with Tuck, its obvious (besides the trip). I just dont think Adams will come cheap and if he does than so be it, wouldnt be a bad backup. I dont see it happening though.

13. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I would like to see both signed, give Clifton some competition at LT and would make a solid backup, giving Lang a real opportunity to win the guard or RT position.

We need depth at safety, and having someone who has played in a 3-4 defense for more than a year would be a bonus.

This is only a possibility if we can sign both these guys for a reasonable price.

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I agree. I believe both can compete for a starting job.
    But it would have to be for a very "Packer friendly" contract.

15. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    No thanks on Adams. I like attitude but not when it hurts your team. I am surprised TT isn't checking out Hamlin, however. Is there more going on here too? I wonder if TT sees a red flag when a team cuts a young player outright like that...? :Clueless:

16. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Hamlin is straight up bad. Just because he went to a Pro Bowl, doesn't mean anything really.