Karlos Dansby - Yes or No or For How Long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still waiting for Zach Brown to become the Packers new coverage ILB... why the wait, Ted? :)

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just guessing, but the one thing stopping TT on signing Zach Brown, would be the loss of the 2017 compensatory pick he now has in the bank for Hayward. Of course, that doesn't mean he may not sign Brown or any other ILB is around after May 12th, when it wouldn't effect the compensatory pick.

When was that confirmed? ESPN just put out that we only have nine picks.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
When was that confirmed? ESPN just put out that we only have nine picks.

The Compensatory pick for Hayward, if we qualify, would not be until the 2017 draft. That pick, for the first time, can be traded as well.

Anyone know when the last time TT signed a FA that cost him a compensatory pick was? As we all know TT covets draft picks, so I really don't see him going after Zach Brown or really any FA that will cost him that pick, until after 5/12.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
http://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

They could sign Brown to a 1yr/$1.75Mil deal and it would offset Tolzien's departure. A solid, rotational coverage ILB for the price of a late 7th round pick isn't worth it?

Thanks for the clarification. I forgot about Tolzien. A 7th is better then a 5th, but you know TT and his draft picks :D

I'm sure Russ Ball is busy crunching numbers to try and figure out how much they still need for possibly resigning Kuhn and maybe Neal and then how much they want to carry over for a big 2017 resigning class.

Brown seems to be another one of those guys who everyone expected so much of and hasn't lived up to the hype. Unless TT sees some untapped potential in him, I'm not so sure he is the answer at ILB.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Bruce Carter from the Bucs, he's a 3-4 ILB and wasn't suited to the 4-3 in Tampa. He's only 28 so he could be a stopgap or solid starter for the next few years.

D

Deleted member 6794

Anyone know when the last time TT signed a FA that cost him a compensatory pick was?

The last time Thompson signed a free agent costing him a compensatory pick was Jeff Saturday in 2012. The Packers most likely lost a fifth-round pick for losing Scott Wells because of it.

They could sign Brown to a 1yr/$1.75Mil deal and it would offset Tolzien's departure. A solid, rotational coverage ILB for the price of a late 7th round pick isn't worth it?

Most likely the Packers won´t even get a seventh-rounder for losing Tolzien.

Brown seems to be another one of those guys who everyone expected so much of and hasn't lived up to the hype. Unless TT sees some untapped potential in him, I'm not so sure he is the answer at ILB.

Brown is for sure not a three down inside linebacker but he excels in coverage and would be an instant upgrade on passing downs.

I like Bruce Carter from the Bucs, he's a 3-4 ILB and wasn't suited to the 4-3 in Tampa. He's only 28 so he could be a stopgap or solid starter for the next few years.

Carter wouldn´t be an upgrade over the inside linebackers currently on the Packers roster.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps time to close, or at least re-title, this thread? Alternative suggestions are relevant, but not to a Dansby thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.