Jordy Nelson is getting respect

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy could likely set packers single season records this year

I think Rodgers will spread the ball more and more for the rest of the year and that will impact his final numbers.

It's nice to see that at least most Packer fans are now finally on board in understanding Nelson is an elite receiver.

I was just reading some old threads on this. I remember debating Jordy and the Packers group of receivers. It's clear some receivers in the league were anointed as world class all-pros without really proving much at all.

Pretty funny stuff as some tried telling us guys like Danny Amendolla were elite receivers above our two.
Danny Amendolla - 5 catches for 42 yards with a HOF QB throwing to him. AMAZING stuff right there. LOL

I personally think Cobb is just as good as some of the marquee players around the league that fans constantly talk about. I'll let teams fight to over pay guys like Alshon Jeffrey and Julio Jones if we can get Cobb for millions a year less.

Now...if Danny Amendolla is available ...well...we better go grab him! lol

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy has better hands than both of those guys. He probably has the best hands in the NFL period.

You're entitled to your opinion but Fitz IMO has the best hand eye coordination of all time. Jordy has great hands in his own right but we have to take into consideration he's had Rodgers who's the most accurate qb in history.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And had 3 different QBs throwing to him who won the MVP.

I have Hutson ahead of Rice, and I know Im not the only 1

What Hutson did in an era where they ran the ball 70% of the time was pretty remarkable. They didn't call pass interference much either haha.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion but Fitz IMO has the best hand eye coordination of all time. Jordy has great hands in his own right but we have to take into consideration he's had Rodgers who's the most accurate qb in history.

Agreed about Fitz ...AND amazing hand strength to go along with it. Certainly the best I ever witnessed and saw play.

Jordy however has more than proven himself to be elite based on the amount of amazing grabs he continually makes. I don't care who is throwing the ball, he's more than proven he can catch tough passes and make plays that only the great ones consistently can.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers will spread the ball more and more for the rest of the year and that will impact his final numbers.

It's nice to see that at least most Packer fans are now finally on board in understanding Nelson is an elite receiver.

I was just reading some old threads on this. I remember debating Jordy and the Packers group of receivers. It's clear some receivers in the league were anointed as world class all-pros without really proving much at all.

Pretty funny stuff as some tried telling us guys like Danny Amendolla were elite receivers above our two.
Danny Amendolla - 5 catches for 42 yards with a HOF QB throwing to him. AMAZING stuff right there. LOL

I personally think Cobb is just as good as some of the marquee players around the league that fans constantly talk about. I'll let teams fight to over pay guys like Alshon Jeffrey and Julio Jones if we can get Cobb for millions a year less.

Now...if Danny Amendolla is available ...well...we better go grab him! lol

That's one of the things I'm going to be looking for from here on out. I'd like to see Rodgers spread the ball out a bit more. I'm sold on Jordy, no questions of his #1 WR status or the idea of him being an elite receiver, but I really think it's time we show more depth at WR.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's one of the things I'm going to be looking for from here on out. I'd like to see Rodgers spread the ball out a bit more. I'm sold on Jordy, no questions of his #1 WR status or the idea of him being an elite receiver, but I really think it's time we show more depth at WR.

Cobb has 450 yards already as well. Keep in mind that our over-all passing yards are way down this year. It's exciting to see more balance. We're 20th in the NFL is passing yards.

It's just a matter of there being less balls to go around right now. This is not a matter of "Oh, I sure hope they don't shut down Jordy because we don't have anyone else". All the talk out of the Packers locker room is "We're only scratching the service of how good we really can be". As a casual fan watching them every week, I can see and believe that.

Meanwhile in Chicago that vaunted Bear's offense keeps pizzez down their legs. In Detroit they can't keep their best players on the field and have little depth. Minn...lol. The NFL is full of muddling passing games and over-all yardage alone doesn't gets wins.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Aaron doesnt trust the other WRs (outside of cobb) yet

D

Deleted member 6794

Meanwhile in Chicago that vaunted Bear's offense keeps pizzez down their legs. In Detroit they can't keep their best players on the field and have little depth. Minn...lol. The NFL is full of muddling passing games and over-all yardage alone doesn't gets wins.

The Lions are a pretty good team and with Caldwell being the head coach they´re way more disciplined as well. Looking at their remaining schedule I expect them to hang around at the top of the division until the end of the season.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron doesnt trust the other WRs (outside of cobb) yet

The rest are young guys still getting their feet under them. Wouldn't the end of the Dolphins game with seconds left and the game on the line kind of prove Rodgers does in fact have trust in the others?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The rest are young guys still getting their feet under them. Wouldn't the end of the Dolphins game with seconds left and the game on the line kind of prove Rodgers does in fact have trust in the others?

Quarless has been on the roster for 4 years... Regardless, 1 throw doesn't mean he trusts them. He will always throw to the open guy but it doesn't mean he trusts them to be the WR he expects them to be.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarless has been on the roster for 4 years... Regardless, 1 throw doesn't mean he trusts them. He will always throw to the open guy but it doesn't mean he trusts them to be the WR he expects them to be.

Ya...I know ... I'm not talking about Bostic. I'm mainly talking about Adams and Rodgers. Aaron said himself last week that these guys are coming around in practice and he would start looking at them more.

Yes, I tend to think if a game is on the line and you are willing to throw at that player...yes...I tend to think that does speak volumes ivo. BTW...Rodgers over-threw Rodgers last week or he would have had a TD there.

Members online