Jordy Nelson is getting respect

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Where will Nelson end up in relation to the Packer top WRs? (Table below sorted by receptions)

Probably will get to Top 5, IMO.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Where will Nelson end up in relation to the Packer top WRs? (Table below sorted by receptions)

I think if he ends up playing another four seasons with the Packers I guess he will end up #3 in receptions and yards as well as #2 in TDs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Look at how much Sterling was to this team..Same amount of years as Jordy but lo at that production

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As you know LTF, Sterling was the only receiving threat that the Packers had....and fantastic at that. Jordy has only been the #1 for two of his seasons.

As for getting respect, who cares except for maybe Jordy? I'd rather that CBs continue to recognize his skills, that other GMs not covet him and push up his free agent value, and that he keeps a low profile persona.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As you know LTF, Sterling was the only receiving threat that the Packers had....and fantastic at that. Jordy has only been the #1 for two of his seasons.

As for getting respect, who cares except for maybe Jordy? I'd rather that CBs continue to recognize his skills, that other GMs not covet him and push up his free agent value, and that he keeps a low profile persona.

For the second half of his career they had Robert Brooks and always had great TEs.

He was just so freaking strong. Anquan Boldin reminds me of him.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sharpe was all we had at WR really. I seem to recall that he was probably the only WR targeted about 80% or more of the time back then for us. He was damn good though.

Reaction score
Look at how much Sterling was to this team..Same amount of years as Jordy but lo at that production
Easily would have been in the HoF if he didn't get injured... His brother Shannon said at his HoF speech that he was "the second best player in his own family".

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Easily would have been in the HoF if he didn't get injured... His brother Shannon said at his HoF speech that he was "the second best player in his own family".
Yeah, why is it after 7 years of outstanding receiving he is still out yet 5 good to great years out of 7 got Gale Sayers in. Sayers last two years he played 4 games total.

D

Deleted member 6794

For the second half of his career they had Robert Brooks and always had great TEs.

Brooks was a non-factor during his first two seasons in Green Bay. In addition I wouldn´t consider Jackie Harris or Ed West great TEs.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson is a stud plain and simple. The only Wrs id take over him is Megatron and maybe Fitgerald and that's where the list ends. If Jordy played for Dallas, New England, Denver, or New Orleans he'd be all over the news but GB is such a low key place he doesn't get media hype, I'm ok with that as long as he's ballin like he's been doing.

D

Deleted member 6794

Nelson is a stud plain and simple. The only Wrs id take over him is Megatron and maybe Fitgerald and that's where the list ends.

Larry Fitzgerald during his prime??? Yes. Not the current edition of him though.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jordy wasn't as polished as a receiver when he entered the league and let's not forget how buried he was. Sterling and Greg on the other hand came into team's with a lack of talent ahead of them.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson is a stud plain and simple. The only Wrs id take over him is Megatron and maybe Fitgerald and that's where the list ends. If Jordy played for Dallas, New England, Denver, or New Orleans he'd be all over the news but GB is such a low key place he doesn't get media hype, I'm ok with that as long as he's ballin like he's been doing.
That's a real good evaluation.
Somehow GB is on the map yet off the radar and I'm fine with it to.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I see no reason he can't climb to the top of that list in both catches and yards by the time he's 34.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy has better hands than both of those guys. He probably has the best hands in the NFL period.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Compare his numbers to Jerry Rice, a strong argument could be made that Sterling was as good or better than Rice when Rice was in his prime

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Compare his numbers to Jerry Rice, a strong argument could be made that Sterling was as good or better than Rice when Rice was in his prime
WR numbers aren't the only measure imo. Rice played in an offense that had more skill players with greater abilities and better balance than the Packers had during Sharpe's tenure. I'd be very hesitant to classify any wide receiver as being better than Jerry Rice.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WR numbers aren't the only measure imo. Rice played in an offense that had more skill players with greater abilities and better balance than the Packers had during Sharpe's tenure. I'd be very hesitant to classify any wide receiver as being better than Jerry Rice.

And had 3 different QBs throwing to him who won the MVP.

I have Hutson ahead of Rice, and I know Im not the only 1

Members online

Latest posts