1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jordy Nelson #3 WR

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Aug 13, 2010.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    According to the Press Gazette Jordy Nelson will claim the #3 WR spot on the team this year.

Thoughts?

I hope he can catch better than he can return balls.

2. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

3. pluto

pluto Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    i think jones would be a better #3 receiver, but, they're both very talented and would be starting on about 25 other teams. nelson won't hurt the pack at #3, that's for sure.

4. Wolvi

Wolvi Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    love our depth at WR for Rodgers to toss to thats for sure!!!

5. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    Nelson has a bigger body which gives him advantage for the 3 spot which is usually the slot position

6. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Either Nelson or Jones, doesn't matter. Both are pretty good. I do agree that Jones is probably a more natural slot guy than Nelson is. I think Nelson plays harder and has better skills though.

7. asshalo

asshalo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As I've said in the past, they'll both get plenty of opportunities to get a similar amount of catches and yards. To me the battle for the no #3 WR is something that the press and fans value more than the coaches. Despite dropping more balls (by amount thrown to and total amount), Jones still had 100 more yards than Nelson (granted Nelson was hurt more).

I've heard from some that Nelson looks a little better than Jones in practice, but it's never the same speed as a game. Frankly, if Jones gets his catching under control I think he'll have more yards again. I expect both to be in the 350-550 yards range provided the rest of the targets are healthy.

But given Jones is going to be a free agent this off-season, I would say he's battling himself first for a new contract and then Nelson in a WR opportunity cost decision. But, they could resign both to more short-term contracts.

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Been lights out in the offseason. Actually, he has been the #2 receiver, behind Finley.

9. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Overdue. I thought he should've been our #3 last year. I like him better than Jones, seems more reliable.

And he never should've been anywhere near kick returning.

10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Jordy reminds me of Anquan Boldin. Strong guy, not very fast but not slow either, very good blocker and yac receiver.

11. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    Wooooohoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    You really cant go wrong with either one. Both of them stepped up their game late in the season last year.