official Jimmy Graham signed

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Is it possible to get Cook back from Oakland or did he sign a long term deal?

Too late this year, unless they cut him. Too bad too we could have used his
54 receptions
688 yards
12.7 ave/catch
2 TD's

Cook signed a 2 year $10.6 million deal last year.

But I won't pretend in knowing Cook would have been the better TE to retain. I was excited when the Pack signed MB and LK.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather have the Packers use their funds to go after a pass rusher. If the Lions don't sign Ziggy Ansah, he would be a better use of the cap space.

Here's the thing the Lions will resign or franchise ansah, teams don't let good pass rushers walk. And honestly I'm not sure ansah is really that good. I'd rather pay 10 m a year for Graham than ansah. Granted I don't think Graham will cost 10 per. I see him more in the 7/8 m range per and I see ansah getting more than 10 m per because he plays a premium position, Detroit is gonna overpay for him just like the Packers did for Nick Perry. So that being said I am 100% in favor of the new gm signing graham. I believe it would be a signing on par with that of woodson. A somewhat older guy who people think is past his prime. He comes in resurects his career and cements himself as a hall of fame tight end. This dude is a better jermichael Finley and I was a big fan of Finley I really think when he got injured he was playing better than any tight end not named graham or gronkowski. Look how good he was with Brees I'd expect him to be even better with Rodgers throwing him the ball. The guy is 6-6 260 pounds with 38 inch vertical and 4.53 speed. It's safe to say the freshly extended McCarthy who often put Finley as the centerpiece of his game plans would find even more ways to do the same with graham

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Graham ran a 4.5 10 years ago when he had good knees. Stop quoting that number.

I do find it amusing that people bring numbers up from when players were 22 and in their prime. Lots happens between the age of 22 and........ and getting faster usually isn't one of them.

Jed12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d definitely take Eifert on a cheap deal. Injury prone but aren’t all tight ends!?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Graham ran a 4.5 10 years ago when he had good knees. Stop quoting that number.

You can say that about any veteran player in the NFL. The point is he's big and fast and can jump all things he still is. Also there are plenty of players who have gotten faster after they ran there forty at the combine. The athletic peak is generally accetpted to be around the mid 20's and a lot of these guys are only 20/21 when they enter the league. Do I think Graham is faster than 4.53 now, no probably not. Do I think after entering an NFL strength and conditioning program and the natural maturation of his body he could of run a forty faster than 4.53 at some point, yeah probably.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This high in the draft we have to take pass rusher unless there is a once a decade OL available

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I do find it amusing that people bring numbers up from when players were 22 and in their prime. Lots happens between the age of 22 and........ and getting faster usually isn't one of them.
I can't speak for everyone but I myself get younger as I age.....

Yes I know that didn't make sense. Just go with it. :whistling:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so you are advocating that with the current roster and schemes of the Packers, a 4th receiving option is a better use of salary space than a pro-bowl calibre pass rusher?

I don't think Graham gets 10 per, probably closer to what Bennett got 7/8 and ansah will probably get closer to what Perry got, 12 per. So yeah I'd take graham at 8 over ansah at 12. I don't think ansah is that good. I think Graham could be a future hall of famer if he signs with the right team. Ansah had 8, 7.5, 14.5, 2 and 12 this year. 3 this year were in final game against hundley Packers who were sacked an absurd number of times this season. Also ansah isn't gonna be available while graham likely will

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't know, Richard Rodgers had 8 td's and 10 less yards in 2105 and I doubt he is in line to make more than a few million.

Reaction score
It’s a tough year for TEs because there’s a small crop but I’d be game on a modest $10-12M range 2yr deal.

Supply and demand dictates most of this stuff and we could be outbid pretty easy looking at what’s available.

I think there should be a nice crop of TEs available rounds 3-4 if we decide to forego FA.
Ryan Izzo?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s a tough year for TEs because there’s a small crop but I’d be game on a modest $10-12M range 2yr deal.

Supply and demand dictates most of this stuff and we could be outbid pretty easy looking at what’s available.

I think there should be a nice crop of TEs available rounds 3-4 if we decide to forego FA.
Ryan Izzo?

I'd still grab a te in the draft to pair with graham and whoever you like better Kendricks or Rodgers. Or they go with 4 tes on the 53. Fumgali would be my preferred target with that likely 3rd round compensatory pick.

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ron Dayne's problem was that he preferred smoking weed to smoking defenders.

Pretty sure that's the problem of like 75% of the NFL and it doesn't stop most of them from being good players. Leveon bell, lagarette blunt, and our very own Aaron Jones. So don't think it was the weed that made Ron dayne unsuccessful in the NFL pretty sure it was more the fact that he was fat and slow, skills that don't translate well to the NFL.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This high in the draft we have to take pass rusher unless there is a once a decade OL available

There's gonna be a once in a decade olinemen available, Quentin nelson likely will be there at 14. He's a day one starter and barring injuries would likely remain so for a decade. We know TT would never take him but will the new gm? Maybe I wouldn't unless Arden key and Bradley chubb are off the board which could easily be the case

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Graham is at the point of diminishing returns.
Unless there is a clearly defined role for him and he'd be willing to take a lesser contract, I'd have to pass.