Jenkins on way out?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cullen Jenkins is probably our best defensive lineman, when healthy. I hope he's still with us next year.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect Nick Barnett has played his last game. Either he or Hawk, but Hawk has the contract problem. Still, I think they'll extend Hawk, and part ways with Barnett. Bishop did better than Barnett and got a new contract.

I want to keep Cullen Jenkins very badly and he might be the toughest loss for us. Mike Neal waits in the wings though, but he might be injury-prone. Johnny Jolly is there too if needed.

James Jones wants a chance to start, and there could be a team that throws a #2 WR money offer at him. His huge drops might prevent that, but he's made a lot of plays for us despite the drops.

I can't imagine anyone would offer BJax much.

Reaction score
We'll franchise Jenkins if need be but I think with the chance to contend for a superbowl for the next few years might make him consider a home town discount. We'll have to see how the new cba goes and then go from there.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jones and Barnett will be leaving. Jenkins will be back, and I haven't heard anything about him but they won't let Colledge leave either.

Hawk is a toss up, if I had to guess I would say he will be leaving too.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll franchise Jenkins if need be but I think with the chance to contend for a superbowl for the next few years might make him consider a home town discount. We'll have to see how the new cba goes and then go from there.

I believe this will be a deciding factor in a lot of contracts for next year. The team seemed to really stress the playing as a unit and being a family really hard all post season (all 6 games :D). Think it might help others come back just for the chance at next years SB.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hate the NFLPA and the Owners for not having a CBA done, both side are bunch of idiots. It's really ******** with teams abilities to make moves

I hope we keep Jenkins, Peprah, Kuhn and Jackson and possilby Crosby

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also just saw that Colledge might be going too.

Colledge thinks he's an all-pro, but he's the weakest link in the o line. I have to admit the offensive line played o.k. after the Lions' game, but I'd still like to see a change in the offensive line coaching. Campen has had 4 years to develop a good line and it's still a weak point imo. They get overpowered virtually every time in short yardage situations.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Jenkins is going anywhere. They'd deep 6 Barnett over Jenkins if it came down to it. I really hope they keep as much of this SB roster intact as they can, if they do, we have a really really good chance at a repeat championship next year and I think this is what TT is going for. He doesn't want just one ring, but many!

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Jenkins is going anywhere. They'd deep 6 Barnett over Jenkins if it came down to it. I really hope they keep as much of this SB roster intact as they can, if they do, we have a really really good chance at a repeat championship next year and I think this is what TT is going for. He doesn't want just one ring, but many!

The core is there, I think they keep Jenkins, dump Barnett, Keep Hawk, and dump College.

we've got guys behind them that can keep up if we do dump him.

personally I'd like them do dump that stupid zone blocking scheme that has screwed over the running game and go back to the power run game we had before

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to say what the Packers think of some of our developing players. Neal and Wilson may make Jenkins expendable. I really like Jenkins, but he has always been injury prone and he isn't getting any younger. Hope we can sign him to a reasonable deal with lots of incentives. No doubt he is worth it - if he is healthy.

Hawk will be stay. Kinda weird how a veteran is still improving. I expect him to come back even better next season. Barnett I think will be the odd man out, and the tweet-gate is a part of that.

College, is an every other season guy - so he won't be so good next year. Again, not sure what the Packer brass thinks of our backups. I know they may be willing to play an inferrior player who they feel has the opportunity to become much better.

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I believe this will be a deciding factor in a lot of contracts for next year. The team seemed to really stress the playing as a unit and being a family really hard all post season (all 6 games :D). Think it might help others come back just for the chance at next years SB.

I noticed that as well. One of the guys on the NFL Network (I think) said that a team needs to guard against "me disease" if it is to have a chance at a repeat. With the salary cap situation the way it is, it becomes very tempting for a guy to fly the coop for big money. Other teams are eager to pay big money for a Super Bowl veteran player.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed that as well. One of the guys on the NFL Network (I think) said that a team needs to guard against "me disease" if it is to have a chance at a repeat. With the salary cap situation the way it is, it becomes very tempting for a guy to fly the coop for big money. Other teams are eager to pay big money for a Super Bowl veteran player.

and this is where I see Barnett being expendable...I'd throw in Finely but his injury I (hope) humbled him, since they won without him.

There are few guys on this team that i can see as "me" only guys. College is one of them and why I see him going, there are a couple others I'm sure, but can't think of them.

The only guy I'm really worried about becoming that "me" guy that isn't atm is Jennings.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are going to have to be some changes. When you put 15 or so guys on IR and actually like the guys who replace them then when they are all healthy you are way way over the roster limit. Just be smart about who you keep and who you don't. I think TT will do a fine job of that and not let personal feelings or attachment play a role in the decision.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see Jones being that way yet either. He still has a few too many issues to work out to be a "me me me" guy. Finley hopefully sees that its not the way to go on this team.

Reaction score
i love kuhn n jenkins jj drop passes n u can draft someone to take his spot crosby is iffy on field goals brandon is a really good 3rd down back i believe we need him he made alotta plays that if he doesnt make we may lose n barnett n bigby should be gone save money to sign finley

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'll all depend on the new CBA.

If there's still franchise tag, I cannot envision the Packers just letting Jenkins go without compensation.

What I think will happen is that he'll want to go to a 4-3 team, and the Packers will arrange a trade that satisfy both party needs.

Too bad, he's a great player, and it'll be hard to replace him. But we do got a raw gem in Mike Neal.

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to hold on to Jenkins, and I think mangement knows that. I see them slapping the franchise tag on him. This would also give us another year to see if he can remain healthy. Hopefully they can work something out with Hawk. While I don't think he'll ever live up to what we expected, he is a rock solid linebacker and showed how integral of a part he plays in our defense. Hopefully they figure a way to just ship Barnett off and keep Hawk. I think the family thing will play in mostly for Kuhn...he knows how much the fans love him here.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's next? Who stays, and who goes? - JSOnline

Darren College, Cullen Jenkins, receiver James Jones, kicker Mason Crosby, safeties Atari Bigby and Charlie Peprah and running backs John Kuhn and Brandon Jackson.

I think College will get a one year deal. I don't remember who else we have over there, but I know Bulaga will eventually be moving back to the left side. I imagine we pick up another linemen in the draft.

I think Jenkins will be traded. With Neal and Jolly coming back, plus what is considered to be a deep DE draft this year, I think Jenkins time here is over. Would love to keep him, but he missed 1/4 of the season and we didn't really miss having him out there during that time. Howard Green and CJ Wilson both will have more time in our system too, so this is a position we can afford to trim a little.

Bigby and Peprah = gone. Anthony Smith and Morgan Burnett are on IR, so we can afford to lose Bigby.

Crosby, Jones and Jackson will likely be renewed. I think Jackson wants to go elsewhere so he can be more of a role player, but he's more valuable to us than he would be for other teams.

Kuhn will probably be extended.

Let's also not forget Matt Flynn. He's got one more year with us, and now is the time to move him, if we're going to do it. The Patriots game gave us the highest leverage for him.

All of this is speculation on my part.

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We NEED Jenkins and Hawk to stay. And kind of Jones for that matter. Kuhn would be great to keep on... BJ can go... Peprah will want some $$$ so I assume he'll leave. They'll resign Colledge.. he's a good backup... but so so starter. Crosby? hmmmmm that's in the air. Will they be thinking of the "lead the nfl in scoring his rookie year" Crosby, or this past seasons Crosby...

Members online

Latest posts