Jenkins on way out?

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing about Jones that frustrates me is that athletically the guy is phenomenal. He's probably our best receiver athletically. But his hands suck. If they could just teach him to catch the ball, he could be a number 1 receiver in this league. Or a damn good number 2 for us.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One person i'd like to see go and i can't believe has a SB ring now is Justin Harrell. The guy is never healthy and should have been cut a long time ago.

I'd like Crosby to stay , but he also has his off games. At times he is really on and at times he is not.

Hawk has gotten so much better lately and we should keep him.

Barnett is probably on is way out like what people say due to being the odd man out and that stupid twitter issue.

Cullen Jenkins is a no brainer. We should resign him.

Darren we should let go. Along with BJ. Even though he did good. He wasn't great in my eyes. Plus Grant is coming back next season [if NFL has one].

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect Jenkins is gone just because of a money/numbers situation.

1) We have 3 guys, Pickett, Raji, and Neal making some big money on the d-line. Giving Jenkins the contract he deserves breaks the "too much money at one position" guideline.

2) We have a pretty deep D-line currently. Right now, we have Pickett, Raji, Neal, and Green as the linemen on the roster, under contract for next year, and good enough to start. Thats 4. Jolly would make 5. Wilson and Wynn make 7. Jenkins would be number 8. 3-4 teams (typically) only carry 6--SIX--on the normal 53. Assuming Wynn and or Wilson improve, we already have some difficult decisions to make at the d-line and we haven't even. . .

3) ...Drafted anyone yet. We'll likely pickup at least one d-lineman in the draft. Gotta keep replenishing the stock!

4) I'd say there's an incredibly small chance that Harrel is back next year, at least as a camp body. I'd put the odds at him making the roster at something like 1 in 1,000,000, but! He's rested, likely won't get signed anywhere else, and we could get him for the veteran minimum for 2 years. No signing bonus, etc etc. If he's still no good, we get rid of him at cutdown and spend $0 more on him.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're forgetting one guy that wont be with the team after this season....Ted's Biggest bust and the Packers biggest Bust since Mandarich, Harrell wont be with Green Bay after this season.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We NEED Jenkins and Hawk to stay. And kind of Jones for that matter.

RE: Jenkins- No, we don't.

He missed 5 games this season. We won all 5 without him, including the final two weeks which were "Must win" games in order for us to make the playoffs.

With Mike Neal and Johnny Jolly returning next season, Jenkins is actually a guy we can part ways with and not hurt ourselves.

Members online

Latest posts