Jax dud and studs

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Fennell broke down the Jags game and highlighted some of the best play of the season from Kenny Clark. That's encouraging. Given that he was injured early in the season, it's possible that he's just taking some time to round into form. If he and Z'Darius start playing up to their capability, it's going to make a big difference.

I also see that Preston Smith played 52 snaps to Gary's 31. I think that needs to flip.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fennell broke down the Jags game and highlighted some of the best play of the season from Kenny Clark. That's encouraging. Given that he was injured early in the season, it's possible that he's just taking some time to round into form. If he and Z'Darius start playing up to their capability, it's going to make a big difference.

I also see that Preston Smith played 52 snaps to Gary's 31. I think that needs to flip.

Gary is a guy when in I keen in on more than I should at the cost of seeing the play sometimes...I do this with MVS as well....Gary has looked VERY good IMO.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary really needs an inside counter. His speed to power is good, but he needs to stop trying to bend around OT’s. That’s not his game.

D

Deleted member 6794

When in the world did I ever insinuate that I was enamored with rookies???

seriously Capt. Why do you feel it necessary to argue just about every point some of us make?

You definitely felt enamored with rookies at the time the Packers were among the league leaders during Thompson's tenure as the team's general manager.

It's not surprising that you changed your mind this season as you agree with whatever approach the current front office is taking and feel insulted once another poster dares to criticize any moves made by them.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You definitely felt enamored with rookies at the time the Packers were among the league leaders during Thompson's tenure as the team's general manager.

It's not surprising that you changed your mind this season as you agree with whatever approach the current front office is taking and feel insulted once another poster dares to criticize any moves made by them.
Truths: I’ve always preferred a youthful roster. I consider youth, players in years 1-3. I think they bring more energy and hunger to the team. I hated the fact that often times we had rookies playing roles they weren’t ready for because of the perennial injury problems we had throughout much of the 2010-2018 seasons. I’m usually not a big fan of rookies starting right out of the gate. It speaks poorly of team’s roster depth and that is a poor reflection of Mgmt imo. I believe in the Packers Mgmt. I also believe Gutekunst’s methods are very similar to Thompson’s in many areas. It’s who he learned from.

Fallacy: I don’t feel insulted by other posters criticism of Mgmt. I think much of the criticism comes with 10% of the info available to mgmt.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Duds:
A. Jones
Lancaster
M. Adams
The teams ability to play in the elements
Studs:
Kirksey
MVS
Rodgers

We have to figure out how to play in the elements. Hopefully adding Lazard back with help.

D

Deleted member 6794

Truths: I’ve always preferred a youthful roster. I consider youth, players in years 1-3. I think they bring more energy and hunger to the team. I hated the fact that often times we had rookies playing roles they weren’t ready for because of the perennial injury problems we had throughout much of the 2010-2018 seasons. I’m usually not a big fan of rookies starting right out of the gate. It speaks poorly of team’s roster depth and that is a poor reflection of Mgmt imo. I believe in the Packers Mgmt. I also believe Gutekunst’s methods are very similar to Thompson’s in many areas. It’s who he learned from.

Thompson's reluctancy to be active in free agency was the main reason for the team having to rely on rookies to play a significant amount of snaps compared to other teams.

While I agree that in a perfect world the team would have enough talent at all positions to not force rookies to contribute right away.

That's hardly the case with any team and definitely wasn't true for this year's Packers though.

That's why it was mind-boggling to spend the first four picks on prospects not being counted on to have an immediate impact.

Fallacy: I don’t feel insulted by other posters criticism of Mgmt. I think much of the criticism comes with 10% of the info available to mgmt.

I have never claimed to have even close to the information management has access to. That doesn't mean I can't form my own opinion about their moves.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You most likely haven't seen Philipp Rivers' attempt at a tackle last week.

No.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2020/clutch-kicks-1985-2019#:~:text=The definition of a clutch,extra points for 2015-2019.

Martin only played 13 snaps on defense for some reason.

The Colts have significantly improved since week 1 though.

If I remember correctly you were very much enamored with rookies as long as the Packers were among the league leaders in snaps played by first year players.

Crosby has been reliable. Stop mincing words.

D

Deleted member 6794

Crosby has been reliable. Stop mincing words.

The numbers over Crosby's career suggest otherwise.

Of all the team, it's bizarre to pick on Crosby. He's been a steady influence.

I'm not picking on Crosby based on his performance over the past two seasons.

The Packers should have never paid him that much money since at least 2016 though.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The numbers over Crosby's career suggest otherwise.

I'm not picking on Crosby based on his performance over the past two seasons.

The Packers should have never paid him that much money since at least 2016 though.
What games have you been watching?

D

Deleted member 6794

What games have you been watching?

I don't have any interest in posting all the numbers that support Crosby has been an average kicker at best over his career for the umpteenth time.

If you're interested in it (which I don't expect you to be) use the search feature to find it.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have any interest in posting all the numbers that support Crosby has been an average kicker at best over his career for the umpteenth time.

If you're interested in it (which I don't expect you to be) use the search feature to find it.
There was a stretch that Crosby was shaky, but in recent years he has been quite good. I suppose you know a better kicker that is available.

D

Deleted member 6794

There was a stretch that Crosby was shaky, but in recent years he has been quite good. I suppose you know a better kicker that is available.

I have been pretty clear about it that Crosby has been excellent the past two seasons.

That doesn't change my opinion that the Packers shouldn't have spent that much money to re-sign him back in 2016. I'm quite sure it would have been possible to find an adequate replacement in three years.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been pretty clear about it that Crosby has been excellent the past two seasons.

That doesn't change my opinion that the Packers shouldn't have spent that much money to re-sign him back in 2016. I'm quite sure it would have been possible to find an adequate replacement in three years.

This is pretty rough and quick math, but since that contract the league average is a little under 84%. Crosby is at 86%. I have a distinct memory of GB going through three or four long snappers in 2017, bc there were so many bad snaps leading to missed field goals. That didn’t help. He has also been well above league average on extra points.

I don’t doubt that they could have eventually replaced Crosby with somebody cheaper, what I doubt is how easy or quick it would have been. Sometimes you pay a little more for security. They know what Crosby is, and they trust him in all situations. That’s worth something too, imo.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. I am trying to skip over Crosby stuff and now no matter what I click...

Members online

Latest posts