Jax dud and studs

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next week we face the best O-line in the league. Jonathan Taylor could have a big day. Gotta get Dean Lowry out of there. He's continually gets blown off the LOS. Didn't notice Kirksey out there and Kamal Martin didn't make the stat sheet. I don't see any hope for this group.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since starting 4-0 , this team has been anywhere from so so to **** poor.
I didn't see anything to be happy about with this effort today.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next week we face the best O-line in the league. Jonathan Taylor could have a big day. Gotta get Dean Lowry out of there. He's continually gets blown off the LOS. Didn't notice Kirksey out there and Kamal Martin didn't make the stat sheet. I don't see any hope for this group.

I'd be a bit more concerned about Hines. Rivers is a check down machine and that's Hines bread and butter. Pittman seems like he's getting the trust of Rivers now. I think we'll have a hard time moving the ball on them.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be a bit more concerned about Hines. Rivers is a check down machine and that's Hines bread and butter. Pittman seems like he's getting the trust of Rivers now. I think we'll have a hard time moving the ball on them.

We're gonna need King for Pittman (not sure if he's close to coming back) and obviously Jaire for anyone else. Kamal and Kirksey at LB's are gonna need to step up, because besides Clark our DL against the run is atrocious

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Remind me again who the Jaguar's one win was against.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like many have said, MVS was awesome coming from me maybe his harshest critic. Don't win today without him.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure how anyone could not have Adams on their dud list today. Yeah I know he caught a TD and blah blah blah. He was bad today. If MVS had a game like that with one lone bright spot people around here would have a petition going to cut him.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Even against our run defense Jonathan Taylor ain’t having a big day. He hasn’t been good.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
These games with high winds seem to really work against the Packers offense. The passing attack doesn't operate as efficiently, which hurts their ability to build a lead. The defense struggles if the other team can just lean on them in the running game. We saw something similar in the game against Minnesota.

This was also a Murphy's Law game-- if it could go wrong, it did. Punt return touchdown, Adams' fumble, uncharacteristic interception, short punts. Just about everything went wrong for them, and they survived it.

When you're facing the Jake Luton led Jaguars at home, it's not exactly a huge ask, but I think the stud belongs to the defense. They gave up 13 points, 10 of which came on short fields after turnovers.

Jacksonville had 10 drives that started at least on their side of the field. The results were:

FG
Punt
Punt
Punt
INT
Punt
Punt
FG
Punt
Downs

6 points and 2 turnovers. Their average drive covered 23 yards.

I didn't track him closely, but Martin flashed a bit today. I saw some signed of life out of Kenny Clark too, which will be important. People have criticized the usual whipping boys (Lowry, Lancaster, etc), but the bigger problem this year is that Clark has been hurt and then ineffective.

Preston Smith is having a tough year. He's a liability in the running game. Gary should start playing ahead of him. Speaking of Gary, he tries to dip outside the tackle too often. He generates a ton of pop at the POA against the tackle, and needs to counter inside more often.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is just too soft. I mean I just don’t see guys with that Dawg mentality on defense. They get bullied up front way too much. Sometimes it’s not even about scheme...it’s about effort and being a Dawg in the trenches. There was a play where I watched Preston Smith just half *** try and and grab a guy and miss the tackle. It’s crap like that that gets them ran on by everybody.
We are pathetic

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This team is just too soft. I mean I just don’t see guys with that Dawg mentality on defense. They get bullied up front way too much. Sometimes it’s not even about scheme...it’s about effort and being a Dawg in the trenches. There was a play where I watched Preston Smith just half *** try and and grab a guy and miss the tackle. It’s crap like that that gets them ran on by everybody.

I think there's something to this.

Kamal Martin plays with a lot of urgency, and I saw some good pop out of Kirksey today. But I think a number of the guys that are supposed to be leaders on the defensive front have lacked intensity, specifically Clark and the Smith's. I'd like to see Gary out there more-- he plays with a ton of effort. Savage does too, but the poor guy just comes up small sometimes.

Seems to me like the guys who are sitting on fat extensions don't have that fire lit under them any more.

But all of that said, the defense was definitely not the problem today.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I live in Minnesota don’t need any more ****** teams here lmao

Well then just disband them altogether! Burn down Lambeau and **** on the ashes!! I've had it with this P A T H E T I C garbage! ! ! !

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: MVS (best WR on the field today) and Gary.
Duds: Adams (just because he's looked kinda lazy to me lately, obviously he's put up gaudy stats, but I've figured he'd start making mistakes considering how comfortable he's been playing).... Pettine, who IMO should have been fired weeks ago.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really a stud or dud, but relieved that we stopped them on 4th and 26 at the end of the game. I still get a sick feeling when our opponent has that down and distance.
Did you notice that originally that the Packers were lined up for prevent defense. They then called time out and changed to a four man rush and got pressure on the QB. I wonder if MLF was behind the change.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS:

MVS puts up two good games in a row, this one though I liked his routes and a few times where he felt the spot and sat for Rodgers.

Gary, dude didn't have many stat line plays till late, but he is doing very well.

Rodgers - to put up what he did with 20 mph winds is insane.

Sullivan I felt deserves a nod of recognition.

DUDS:

Staff...did not think offensive game plan was that great - albeit JAX have a pretty good D. Pettine is keeping a job solely because our record.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s time to chime in... They are PATHETIC embarrassing you let a bum team like that come in and barely squeak by... they are pathetic at home too. They barely give the ball to jones which is pathetic and there playcalling today was pathetic and hard to watch. I don’t want any excuses for them either that was pathetic. They are pathetic they stand no chance in the playoffs and if I didn’t say how pathetic they are I’ll make it clear they are
P
A
T
H
E
T
I
C
Certainly the most pathetic 7-2 team in history, except for possibly last years Packers 7-2 team. We suck! We suck! We suck! The dang Jets are better than us.

/sarcasm

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacksonville had 10 drives that started at least on their side of the field. The results were:

FG
Punt
Punt
Punt
INT
Punt
Punt
FG
Punt
Downs

6 points and 2 turnovers. Their average drive covered 23 yards.

I didn't track him closely, but Martin flashed a bit today. I saw some signed of life out of Kenny Clark too, which will be important. People have criticized the usual whipping boys (Lowry, Lancaster, etc), but the bigger problem this year is that Clark has been hurt and then ineffective.

Preston Smith is having a tough year. He's a liability in the running game. Gary should start playing ahead of him. Speaking of Gary, he tries to dip outside the tackle too often. He generates a ton of pop at the POA against the tackle, and needs to counter inside more often.
I'm not going to argue the stats, on paper they probably did well. and I know they didn't give up many points, that's good. But watching them, I didn't feel like they did anything to help themselves until the end. maybe 2 or 3 plays the entire game outside of that last drive.

Most times it seemed Jax was getting more out of a play because of effort, missed tackle from our defense than they should have been. Poor throws, dropped balls and penalties seemed to be what killed Jax drives, not any sort of big play by our defense.

Jax defense is not that good and they came to play at least. They covered, they ran to the ball, they tackled, they actually made their own plays happen. I've never seen such a passive defense out there for a winning team before until the end of the game. Everything that happened out there seemed to happen to them rather than make something happen.

Our offense and special teams had their own issues to be sure, this isn't laying carpet blame on a defense for the close game at all, but I think it was far from a good game for them.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly the most pathetic 7-2 team in history, except for possibly last years Packers 7-2 team. We suck! We suck! We suck! The dang Jets are better than us.

/sarcasm
If we played the jets it would be the same thing a nail biter.. do you rmbr the browns when they were winless? We played them with hundley it was a absolute struggle against them. They should have lost if Kizer didn’t suck... THEN they go and trade for him after he goes winless lol on a side note I think our team is the same as last year except our offense is better and our defense is worse. In the end same result blown out in the playoffs and they aren’t gonna sniff around the nfc championship cuz they are gonna play someone from the nfc west saints or bucs for there first game Lol

Last edited:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was a somewhat ugly game, I feel like we should have destroyed them on the offensive side of the ball. That said you are not going to dominate every game in the NFL and the Packers have a tendency to fold in games like this so I am just going to give the entire team a thumbs up.

Green Bay seems to struggle on offense any time they have to deal with wind. Early on, I thought the Jags had done a good job of scouting the Pack and were not fooled by any of the motion or counters....They also clearly paid a lot of attention to Devante and limited his effectiveness....Although that did come back to bite them on the big play to MVS.

Defensively, Green Bay was lucky to be playing an ineffective quarterback who was also struggling with the wind. The Pack still looks soft against the run, which should be a concern as the mercury drops.

Big gaffe on special teams, which kept the Jags in this game.

Overall, about as unimpressive effort as you can have and still win. Still, 7-2 is nice.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not going to argue the stats, on paper they probably did well.
Except for the pick, Packers started every drive at or inside their own 27. Three times inside the 10. No matter who the offense is, that is a long way to go. Defense gave up about 275 yards. That is a decent outing. Jags had one drive longer than 35 yards. They had decent starting field position most of the day. Their punter kept them in this game, they definitely won the field position battle. That, a punt return TD, and two short scoring drives off of turnovers.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay seems to struggle on offense any time they have to deal with wind. Early on, I thought the Jags had done a good job of scouting the Pack and were not fooled by any of the motion or counters....They also clearly paid a lot of attention to Devante and limited his effectiveness....Although that did come back to bite them on the big play to MVS.

Defensively, Green Bay was lucky to be playing an ineffective quarterback who was also struggling with the wind. The Pack still looks soft against the run, which should be a concern as the mercury drops.

Big gaffe on special teams, which kept the Jags in this game.

Overall, about as unimpressive effort as you can have and still win. Still, 7-2 is nice.

Probably because LaFleur hardly ran those kinds of plays all game

Anyway, biggest question mark for this team is how do you get em fired up each and every week? Because when they are fired up, they can play with the best of them including the Steelers I'd say.

Other silver lining is I didn't expect them to be at 7-2 again at this point in the season, so there is that. Bad thing is if we end up falling just short of the SB again, this last year's draft is going to go into the record books as a huge blown opportunity for getting those missing pieces that would have gotten us there.