Jax dud and studs

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was a somewhat ugly game, I feel like we should have destroyed them on the offensive side of the ball. That said you are not going to dominate every game in the NFL and the Packers have a tendency to fold in games like this so I am just going to give the entire team a thumbs up.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
MVS
Gary at the end

Duds:
Special teams
Offensive line
JK Scott with the most pathetic attempt at a tackle I have ever seen, if you can call it that. That was bad even for a punter.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nothing huge stuck out in either category much imo

But I'm gonna give MVS a stud rating, big catch for the first TD, and made a few other nice plays.

Amos for the pick maybe?

overall a very meh performance

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Marquez Valdes-Scantling (he's had some horrible games this season but not today stud performance from MVS I just hope he can carry it over to the rest of the season)

Rashan Gary

Duds

Davante Adams he had a TD but he also had a fumble and a couple of drops.

Run defense.

special teams

running game.

OL.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
MVS
Gary at the end

Duds:
Special teams
Offensive line
JK Scott with the most pathetic attempt at a tackle I have ever seen, if you can call it that. That was bad even for a punter.

lol at jk scott, that was pretty funny. i'll give him a pass though just because he's a punter and only 12 years old. rest i agree with, o-line in particular i thought was pretty disappointing with some costly penalties and very little push. i'm happy enough with gary to bid adieu to preston next year with no concerns.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Defensive line on that final series finally getting sacks

Aaron Jones

Jamal Williams

Robert Tonyan

MVS

Adrian Amos

Half studs but part duds

Davante Adams was bad in many parts of the game, but had the big TD catch and should have had another

Rodgers, did a lot of good but had his bad moments too

Mike Pettine, still getting run on and had a few plays where he lucked out on the Jags not taking advantage of his exposed gaping holes in the D. But gotta hand it to him on the final series when it was up to that D to make a stop that they did

Duds

Shawn Zook Menenga and his bad punt return coverage scheme

Billy Turner and OL in general

Chandon Sullivan

ESB

Matt LaFleur bad game prep and bad play calling, once again not using his biggest RB on the short yardage play

Biggest Super Duds

Chris Myers and Greg Jennings epic fail in the broadcast booth disgracing the FOX network

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can say is the guys found a way to gut out a win when they didn't play all that great against a team that came to play. The good teams in this league go this all the time.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was certainly a Green Bay Packers football game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody gets a stud for 1 offensive drive and a single defensive stand in 4 quarters of football.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:
  • MLF - just a terrible gameplan
  • Oren Burks - that's right, he played today!
  • Gute's ability to build depth at receiver, at corner, and dline
  • Special teams

Studs:
  • MVS - 4 catches for 149 yards and a TD
  • Rodgers - Terrible pick, but throwing for 325 yards and complete 70% of his passes with 20+ mph winds is impressive

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No studs. Most of the game, I forgot which was the 1-7 team on the pitch.

This was not an ugly game where we ground out a win. Just a ugly game we didn't lose.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No studs. Most of the game, I forgot which was the 1-7 team on the pitch.

This was not an ugly game where we ground out a win. Just a ugly game we didn't lose.

This was your classic trap game against a one win team with nothing to lose who came to play. It's a good thing the NFL doesn't give out style points.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My primary Dud was the defense until late in the 4th quarter. They are not aggressive. They don't tackle well and they were sluggish throughout the game.

Honestly my only Stud was MVS. That was a great catch and run for a TD.

This team does not do well after a bye. They seem so out of sync. The one positive was they didn't give up and were able to hold on till the end.

Hopefully, there were no serious injuries and they got that out of their system before they play IN.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My primary Dud was the defense until late in the 4th quarter. They are not aggressive. They don't tackle well and they were sluggish throughout the game.

Honestly my only Stud was MVS. That was a great catch and run for a TD.

This team does not do well after a bye. They seem so out of sync. The one positive was they didn't give up and were able to hold on till the end.

Hopefully, there were no serious injuries and they got that out of their system before they play IN.
Wasnt a bye technically

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nothing huge stuck out in either category much imo

But I'm gonna give MVS a stud rating, big catch for the first TD, and made a few other nice plays.

Amos for the pick maybe?

overall a very meh performance
I hope MVS can build from this game.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud was MVS. Duds is entire team energy, came out flat and didn’t execute.
I agree. The defense did pull it out at the end. I doubt we win if the Jags score a td at the end.
Special teams were horrible. When are we ever going to get decent ST play. The wind was a dud today. The Packers offense is predicated on the pass and it was a terrible day for passing.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. The defense did pull it out at the end. I doubt we win if the Jags score a td at the end.
Special teams were horrible. When are we ever going to get decent ST play. The wind was a dud today. The Packers offense is predicated on the pass and it was a terrible day for passing.

That's true for most teams, historically Rodgers hasn't been affected by winds like they had today. Go back, it's kind of an amazing stat but he's pretty much average Aaron when winds are 15+ mph.

Members online

Latest posts