James Jones' first TD

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Obi1 said:
Greg,

A LOT of threads go off track! That is how people voice their opinions. I think it's great that Jones is being compared to Moss myself.

So in your opinion, how long do you think that Jones will be a Packer?

I'm not Greg, but I still want to answer this question.
I really hope JJ is a Packer his whole career. This guy reminds me so much of Sterling Sharpe it's not even funny. I said that before though. ;)

True on the SS comment. I hope he lights up the NFL like SS did. And I also hope that JJ stays a Packer and why not?
My point isn't that so much as it is the fact that most players nowadays don't finish their careers where they started. And thus, no matter HOW much we conjecture, There will be differing opinions.

In your opinion, at the twighlight of Favre's career, which single player would have the most difference to the Packers THIS year? Moss Or JJ?

God I hate doing this, but I'll be honest.
This year - Moss.
next year - toss up
the year after that and every year thereafter - JJ.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Zombieslayer said:
Obi1 said:
Greg,

A LOT of threads go off track! That is how people voice their opinions. I think it's great that Jones is being compared to Moss myself.

I'm not Greg, but I still want to answer this question.
I really hope JJ is a Packer his whole career. This guy reminds me so much of Sterling Sharpe it's not even funny. I said that before though. ;)

True on the SS comment. I hope he lights up the NFL like SS did. And I also hope that JJ stays a Packer and why not?
My point isn't that so much as it is the fact that most players nowadays don't finish their careers where they started. And thus, no matter HOW much we conjecture, There will be differing opinions.

In your opinion, at the twighlight of Favre's career, which single player would have the most difference to the Packers THIS year? Moss Or JJ?

God I hate doing this, but I'll be honest.
This year - Moss.
next year - toss up
the year after that and every year thereafter - JJ.

Honestly, I don't understand what the big deal is... Yes Moss would have been a very good short term acquisition and yes he would make a bigger difference... And about 3 years down the road, the Packers would be renegotiating his contract... JUST as they would be for JJ if HE lights it up for a few years.

Since Moss is NOT a Packer, it makes NO difference but it still opens the door for the what ifs doesn't it?

AZRunning

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Impossible to quantify Randy Moss' impact on this team now or in the future. Last year he had 42 receptions for 553 yards and 3 TD's with the Raiders. Sure he quit on them but who's to say he wouldn't do that with the Pack too. I for one am glad he is not here; others disagree but with how JJ looks I think he serves us better for the present and future.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss has been awesome in New England so far, but I'm still doubtful that he would've been a good fit for the Packers. He needs to be winning a lot of games and getting a lot of passes thrown his way to be happy. Maybe that would've happened here as it is happening in NE, but this is a young team that is going to have its growing pains, and I don't think Moss would handle that very well.

As for how long Jones will stay, the Packers have him for at least three years, probably four. If he's good they'll try to resign him. Javon Walker was more the exception than the rule. The Packers hang onto the large majority of their good players.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Greg,

Well some of the factors to Walkers departure was a change in GM and some finger pointing to what was in progress and what was not. My opinion, if Ted was the GM a year earlier or later, the deal won't have gotten as sour as it did.

That being said, I think JJ with normal progress will be in the Packers plans for many years to come. He doesn't have blazing speed to begin with so his peak years might be longer than other receivers. Yes I too have compared him to SS with the first preseason game. His body language, his demenor, work ethic, build and HANDS remind you of a young Sterling. My opinion, the best draft pick in terms of value so far in Ted's career here in Green Bay. Yes that is early, but I truly think he is the real deal.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya'll gotta remember one of the reasons Javon left was to try and get a championship with Denver (ahhahaha). I can't see us losing many players to Free Agency with the way our team is performing...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts