James Jones' first TD

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't it great the way he just reached up and plucked that ball out of the air? It was not an especially difficult catch, but it was nice to watch. I've never seen a Packer receiver who looked so natural catching the ball. It's like the ball just merges with his hands. It seems like even if you were right next to him, you wouldn't hear a sound when he catches the ball.

I really enjoy watching this guy play. His style is different from Driver and Jennings. They have this high-energy, slashing style, but Jones just sort of glides along. He makes the game look easy.

As of last week, Jones was leading all rookies in catches and yards. I'm not sure if that's still the case, but he's right up there anyway.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many have said that his style is very much like Sterling Sharpe's. I agree. Let's hope he keeps delivering like that.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really impressed with TT ability to find great receivers that no one knows too much about in the draft.

Jennings was predicted to go in the 3rd to 4th round.
Jones was supposed to be a late second day pick (~5th round)

SO FAR, these two receivers have been some of the most impressive in their draft classes.

I think Jennings is the best from his class (Colston is close along with Santonio Holmes). I'll take Jennings over those two.

Jones has played extremely well. Other impressive rookies from his class are Dwayne Bowe (for KC) and Sydney Rice (Minnesota).

I was really upset when TT passed on Chad Jackson and elected to take Jennings. MAN WAS I WRONG!

I was also pissed when TT seemingly reached for JJ. WRONG AGAIN!

I am so glad we have these young studs who are great targets for Brett now and will hopefully develop into pro bowl-caliber receivers for A-Rod (or Brett) in the future!!!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
I would have rather had Moss though

Moss is turning 31 in Febuary and Jones Turns 24 in March so thats means Moss is winding done and Jones hasnt even hit his prime yet and he is already doing great. If Jones keeps doing what he is doing and improves I would easily take him over Moss at this point because he has a long long long time left and should only get better.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:

I disagree a little here.. Jones is not afraid to stick his nose into the middle of the field regardless of the traffic around him. Watch Moss, Randy don't do the middle of the field. Is he a great deep threat and game changer, but Jones will be a type of reciever that will get the ball for you in traffic or in space. He might not beat you on a 60 yard go route.. but he can at 30.. see Sunday's game.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in the long run packers are better off keeping their draft picks, but sseing DD & Moss receiving passes from #4 would have been great also!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in the long run packers are better off keeping their draft picks, but sseing DD & Moss receiving passes from #4 would have been great also!

I agree 100%.

The thing with Moss is he only wanted a one year deal with his new team. That's what he got in New England and that's what he wanted in Green Bay. So I'll take Jones because of the future and if Jones is half the player Sterling Sharpe was, I'll be happy.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Hells yes! Who the hell do you double? lol

Even say they got cocky and doubles Moss AND Donald, then what happens with Jennings? We'd have even LESS rushing attempts lol

BUT, if you buy Madden, throw down a trade, you can see 4 throw to Moss and Driver all you want :)

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
T.T. is talking with the Pat's right now.

The trade just needs to be finalized. Moss will be a Packer by week 7.

TRUST ME. I am indeed.... Raider Pride.

(Big Ole Smile) This post is for my friend Vike Fan.

now i see why you post the way you do.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:

Moss is turning 31 in Febuary and Jones Turns 24 in March so thats means Moss is winding done and Jones hasnt even hit his prime yet and he is already doing great. If Jones keeps doing what he is doing and improves I would easily take him over Moss at this point because he has a long long long time left and should only get better.

Good point PL...

However, with the players jumping teams at the rate they do now adays, had we signed Moss, how long would he have been a Packer?

3 years? 4 maximum?

But then, How long will Jones be a Packer? 3 years? more? IF Jones is the real deal, won't he be recruited by the rest of the NFL a la Javon Walker?

Who is making a bigger impact? Moss Or Jones? Who would have made a bigger difference this year and may be the next? Finally, can anyone REALLY tell definitively how long Jones will be a Packer?

Yes Jones has its upside for the future which is uncertain for the Packers/Jones. But, are we trying to win a few years down the road or right now? We are already on a roll so some of these points may be moot but it does make an interesting what IF doesn't it?

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this has turned into a Randy Moss thread. I love this forum, but sometimes it's just pathetic. It took all of four replies before the thread went off track. People would rather argue about a player who's not on our team than appreciate a really good player who IS on our team. I guess that's just the way it is. Maybe I should've just started another thread about the running game.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
So this has turned into a Randy Moss thread. I love this forum, but sometimes it's just pathetic. It took all of four replies before the thread went off track. People would rather argue about a player who's not on our team than appreciate a really good player who IS on our team. I guess that's just the way it is. Maybe I should've just started another thread about the running game.

or you could quit balling, and post something about JJ

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg,

A LOT of threads go off track! That is how people voice their opinions. I think it's great that Jones is being compared to Moss myself.

So in your opinion, how long do you think that Jones will be a Packer?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

or you could quit balling, and post something about JJ

Maybe YOU could stop attacking respected posters (see: RP, Greg C.), cause you know you'll bawl about it in another thread.

Anyone see the clip of Brett trying to get his attention on the sidelines later on to congratulate him? JJ was all quiet and shy, like he was just some kid who got to meet his hero for a day. It was awesome.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Anyone see the clip of Brett trying to get his attention on the sidelines later on to congratulate him? JJ was all quiet and shy, like he was just some kid who got to meet his hero for a day. It was awesome.

I didn't. I'll have to check it out again. I just cut out the commercials yesterday to make the DVD and didn't see it. d'oh!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg,

A LOT of threads go off track! That is how people voice their opinions. I think it's great that Jones is being compared to Moss myself.

I'm not Greg, but I still want to answer this question.
I really hope JJ is a Packer his whole career. This guy reminds me so much of Sterling Sharpe it's not even funny. I said that before though. ;)

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Greg,

I'm not Greg, but I still want to answer this question.
I really hope JJ is a Packer his whole career. This guy reminds me so much of Sterling Sharpe it's not even funny. I said that before though. ;)

True on the SS comment. I hope he lights up the NFL like SS did. And I also hope that JJ stays a Packer and why not?
My point isn't that so much as it is the fact that most players nowadays don't finish their careers where they started. And thus, no matter HOW much we conjecture, There will be differing opinions.

In your opinion, at the twighlight of Favre's career, which single player would have the most difference to the Packers THIS year? Moss Or JJ?

Members online

Latest posts