Jaire Alexander's shoulder injury

D

Deleted member 6794

I hope when he does get back on the field (game 15 or 16?) that he tackles like Teddy Bridgewater. He's far more important blanketing Kupp, Hopkins or ?? than drilling RB at the line.

Alexander will definitely have to tackle opposing running backs once he returns as well. If he's not healthy enough there's no reason to bring him back.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're missing Pkrjones point Captain. We all know that he will have to make tackles upon returning. Jaire has been a relatively violent tackler for a CB, which we all enjoy seeing. However, I think that we can all agree that we'd rather see Jaire make some softer tackles if it means that he won't get severely injured and miss significant portions of future seasons.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct, El Guapo... Alexander is FAR more valuable stopping a bomb-TD or 3 than making a great stop up at the line on 4th & 1. Give up the 1st down but stay in the game and break-up a back-breaking TD would be preferred by me.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Alexander comes back, Douglas is playing so well, that Stokes would probably be the dime back and only see 6 to 10 snaps per game. Douglss has been an unbelievable find. Finding that kind of talent on a practice squad is crazy. Alexander is a difference maker. No way do the Packers get torched for long td's if he is covering the #1 wr either against Minn or LA.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Alexander comes back, Douglas is playing so well, that Stokes would probably be the dime back and only see 6 to 10 snaps per game. Douglss has been an unbelievable find. Finding that kind of talent on a practice squad is crazy. Alexander is a difference maker. No way do the Packers get torched for long td's if he is covering the #1 wr either against Minn or LA.
I like Douglas but also disagree with that assessment. Imo Stokes is still the better CB and will only get better.

D

Deleted member 6794

You're missing Pkrjones point Captain. We all know that he will have to make tackles upon returning. Jaire has been a relatively violent tackler for a CB, which we all enjoy seeing. However, I think that we can all agree that we'd rather see Jaire make some softer tackles if it means that he won't get severely injured and miss significant portions of future seasons.

I'm fine with Alexander trying to protect himself from further injury while tackling but make no mistake he won't be able to get by without physical contact on his shoulder moving forward.

Correct, El Guapo... Alexander is FAR more valuable stopping a bomb-TD or 3 than making a great stop up at the line on 4th & 1.

The Packers coaching staff might be smart not using Alexander on obvious running downs but other than that there's not a whole lot they can do protecting him.

If Alexander comes back, Douglas is playing so well, that Stokes would probably be the dime back and only see 6 to 10 snaps per game. Douglss has been an unbelievable find. Finding that kind of talent on a practice squad is crazy.

I'm quite sure Stokes would receive more snaps than that even with Alexander and King returning. Sullivan might not play a whole lot with that happening though.

I like Douglas but also disagree with that assessment. Imo Stokes is still the better CB and will only get better.

At this point Douglas seems to be the better out of the two. Stokes has shown promise so far making me optimistic about his development though.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great news. While playing against the Bears is probably too soon, I'd love to see him play the full game against the Ravens. Alexander, Z'darius and Bahktiari will need as many snaps as possible to get the rust off before the playoffs.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope and imagine they will find a place for Rasul to play.

Reaction score
I hope and imagine they will find a place for Rasul to play.
Well, it seems like there is nearly always 1 CB banged up from one week to the next. As I read an article about possibly shifting CB’s to get our best scenario.. I couldn’t help by think that’s a great problem to have.. where do we put Jaire! :roflmao:
I’d love to have Rasul in the Slot with J’aire and Stokes outside. Then King as our 4th option. King has been nicked up anyways. Let’s let him get healed up some.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Alexander, Douglas. Stokes and Sullivan are healthy, King should be inactive for that game since he's easily the fifth CB on the team and isn't a specual teams ace.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
There's no doubt King was terrible in last year's NFCCG. He played significantly better at times this season already which makes me believe he's an upgrade over Sullivan at this point.
And I don't even think it is close. Sullivan is the worst on the team IMO.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't it Sullivan who dropped that pop fly just before the half in the NFC CG? He catches that and the bomb for a touchdown just before the half never happens.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Douglas is an upgrade over King due to his ability to catch the ball and not get caught peeking into the backfield constantly.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think Douglas is an upgrade over King due to his ability to catch the ball and not get caught peeking into the backfield constantly.

There's no doubt Douglas is an upgrade over King. But I rather have him play a majority of snaps instead of Sullivan.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King only played three snaps last night so it appears the coaching staff views him as the 4th cb right now and hopefully the 5th cb when Alexander next plays.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts