J.C. Tretter Injury

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the Packers recover a fumble in a game, especially next February, I'm going to be happy they do this drill and will file Tretter under 'acceptable losses'.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of this injury, I'm predicting a healthy season for the Packers this year--something like S.F. and the Yikes have had the last couple of years. We've had an unbelievably bad stretch the last few years, and the luck will change.

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. It's an anomoly seen in statistical analysis, where things over a period of time will average and even out but there may be glitches where teams have "luck" with injuries for a period of time. For example, you can flip a coin 50 times and generally will average heads 25 times, but you may get six tails in a row.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. It's an anomoly seen in statistical analysis, where things over a period of time will average and even out but there may be glitches where teams have "luck" with injuries for a period of time. For example, you can flip a coin 50 times and generally will average heads 25 times, but you may get six tails in a row.

True, although the fact that we've had some injury-plagued seasons the past few years is not indicative that we're somehow "due" for a healthy one. To borrow the coin flip analogy, the fact that you come up with six tails in a row doesn't change the fact that your next toss is still 50/50.

I too am optimistic, though- at some point it seems like we're due for some regression toward the mean with our injury luck.

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fumble drills? Handoff Harrell? Very related.
I get it. I was thinking of Justin Harrell, because of the injury angle, and of course his injury was not related to a fumble, unless you want to count TT drafting him in the first place. I didn't get the Graham Harrell connection. I apologize.

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, although the fact that we've had some injury-plagued seasons the past few years is not indicative that we're somehow "due" for a healthy one. To borrow the coin flip analogy, the fact that you come up with six tails in a row doesn't change the fact that your next toss is still 50/50.

I too am optimistic, though- at some point it seems like we're due for some regression toward the mean with our injury luck.
That's pretty much what I was saying. This season may not be injury free, however, taken in a larger sample say over the past 30 years the odds tend to even out. Our chances of flipping a tail may still be 50/50, but if you include the larger sample of the past 10 years or so in order to even out the average it might be likely we see a head this time. Of course, there are other variables involved which make it more complicated than a coin toss. But I'm talking about the freaky stuff like what happened to Sherrod, Perry, Bulaga and Bishop. None of those were caused by turf or grass, a bad strength and conditioning coach, etc. They were anomalies that could happen to anyone, at any time for being at the wrong place at the wrong time.