It is very difficult to make the NFL playoffs 7 consecutive seasons

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
1. You are wrong... Calling someone childish is name calling, and descriptive. Just as calling someone an *******, is both name calling but also descriptive. Or a nerd, it both calling them a name, and also describing them having a certain skillset. That isn't even debatable, it's fact. And the fact that you choose these of all the arguments in my previous post only proves my point.
Of course it's debatable since we're debating it. But if you think calling someone childish is name calling, what happened here:
Doesn't matter if your point is right or wrong that is a bit childish.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course it's debatable since we're debating it. But if you think calling someone childish is name calling, what happened here:

A mistake, something I need to change, I will try better to not do this in the future... My bad... but at least I can admit them.

And while you can argue that it is debateable... I could debate that sky is purple with pink polka dots. Doesn't make me less wrong. Facts are Facts.

Back to a real conversation... I feel like there is something to be said about making the playoffs often. But there is also something to be said about the lack of success in the playoffs. Other teams have made it less often and been more successful.

Whether this falls on TT or MM doesn't really matter... It is something that I believes needs to change. If by next season there isn't some type of epiphany kind of year, I would say enough is enough. I have seen a slow regression in attitude from this team for the last couple years.

I'd give them both one more year... Even if it is one and done this year. And give TT the edge of MM if one had to go. But at a certain point you have to recognize that something is wrong and needs to be changed.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Good Evening Gentlemen :D. Lovely cool evening here in the U.K. This evening ;).

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah that's not why people are called spoiled or entitled.

It's the constant b!%"#ing and moaning and an utter unwillingness to see anything other than a championship as absolutely anything but a complete failure and that's how u get to the Browns/Lions comment which is dumb in its own right.

RRyder, I understand your frustration, but look at it this way. The people who go over the top with statements like the Packers suck, and fire everybody, and on and on are either just venting or not to be taken seriously. Just move on to the next post.
And the reality is, short of winning a championship every season is a failure, if only to a degree in the most important degree. It's the goal every year for every team . It's why they line up, and why they keep score.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RRyder, I understand your frustration, but look at it this way. The people who go over the top with statements like the Packers suck, and fire everybody, and on and on are either just venting or not to be taken seriously. Just move on to the next post.
And the reality is, short of winning a championship every season is a failure, if only to a degree in the most important degree. It's the goal every year for every team . It's why they line up, and why they keep score.
kind of like those that come back with comments to those that understand not every year will end up with a super bowl trophy are content with "participation ribbons"

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kind of like those that come back with comments to those that understand not every year will end up with a super bowl trophy are content with "participation ribbons"

I think there is a valid point to be made that it's not that... It's that another 7 or 8 teams are more successful then us even with Aaron being our quarterback... And they understand that time is limited.

Also we have 1 in his 8 years... Not saying some wouldnt complain even if there was more, but you have to admit that having that many teams more successful than us during the Rodgers tenure is pretty disappointing.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As always, go easy on the absolutes, and we may not be that far off. Nobody, including me, anticipates a Lombardi EVERY year. What we do expect is more than one (2009?, 2011?, 2014?) when it seems like a reasonable goal.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As always, go easy on the absolutes, and we may not be that far off. Nobody, including me, anticipates a Lombardi EVERY year. What we do expect is more than one (2009?, 2011?, 2014?) when it seems like a reasonable goal.

This is it in a nutshell. I don't expect to win every title every year- that's not realistic. But I do expect that to be the goal of my teams, and I expect when they fall short to make every effort and leave no stone unturned to improve and win next time. The purpose of a sports teams season is to win the championship. I can enjoy every game, the entire season such as last season, but it's only at it's best and most enjoyable when winning the title.

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah that's not why people are called spoiled or entitled.

It's the constant b!%"#ing and moaning and an utter unwillingness to see anything other than a championship as absolutely anything but a complete failure and that's how u get to the Browns/Lions comment which is dumb in its own right.
Is this a product of taking the Vince Lombardi quote of "wining isn't everything; it's the only thing" to heart?
-----------------------------------------
After posting this I got to page 4 and saw the question was addressed.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In addition to what azrsx said, you have to look at how many teams were in the league back then. When the Packers won it all in 61, 62, and 65, there were only 14 teams in the NFL. Even with winning the first two Super Bowls in 66 ad 67, there were only nine teams in the AFL, meaning only 24 teams in the league (the Falcons became an NFL team in 1966). Also, the playoffs were vastly different. There was no playoff system until 1967, so the first four championships came under the old format, which was just a playoff game between the winners of the Eastern and Western division of the NFL. Not the same kind of opportunities for upsets like there are today.
So the quality of players was better amongst 24 teams than 14?

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm... Odd

But your second highest playoff team is the Bengals... One of the biggest disappointments of this decade in professional sports. Making the playoffs means NOTHING. You are just another loser.

Brady:
14 years (one year injury) - 13 playoff appearances - 6 super bowl appearances - 4 championships. All time Playoff record: 21-8 or 72% win percentage.

Rodgers:
8 years - 7 playoff appearances - 1 super bowl appearance - 1 championship. All time playoff record 6-5 or 54%... With 4 of the 6 coming in 1 year.

Look at those... Seriously, tell me who is doing more with their talent? This isn't Brady vs Rodgers.... This is what are the Patriots doing with a HoF quarterback vs what the Packers are.

Many could argue Aaron has a vastly superior arm, mobility, and intelligence and yet has very little to show for it.

I think everyones characterization of "entitled" or "spoiled" is a ******* joke... We aren't spoiled, up to this point to have those numbers given that you have one of the all-time great quarterback is disturbing at best.

Green Bay fans are wise enough to know when they have a winning team or a losing team. They stayed with them through many hard times. And just because they get on them when they aren't living up to their potential doesn't make them spoiled. Makes them smart enough to know something is array. That talent is being wasted and soon we could be in the years of no franchise QB and stuck in years of mediocrity without anything much to show for it.
Agree! Packers profited also by playing in the North D. AR has been let down by an O-line and whacko D. Kinda hard for the fans to not see it.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting to the playoffs is the goal of LOSERS like the Vikings. They were all giddy when they won the NFC north division. Winners make a Suber Bowl victory their goal for the season. Since the Packers have no 12 a single SB victory since 2009 is nothing to be proud of. The Packers should have had multiple SB victories by now. San Fran had back to back HOF qb's for a 24 year run. they won 5 Super Bowls. The Packers have had back to back HOF qb's for 24 seasons and they only have 2 SB wins. I think it shows just how incompetent the front office has been.They are squandering a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Members online

Latest posts