It is going to happen.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
A-Rod has his chances. It's called training camp and Preseason. The Packers will put out the best team they can. If A-Rod is better than Brett, he would have beat him out in T/C. He didn't, and he's still the number 2 QB on the team.

You believe this?

You believe if someone outplayed Favre in T\C and Preseason, THEY would be the starting QB?

YES, tell us oh great spelling master, what do you think, i CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
calicheesehead said:
A-Rod has his chances. It's called training camp and Preseason. The Packers will put out the best team they can. If A-Rod is better than Brett, he would have beat him out in T/C. He didn't, and he's still the number 2 QB on the team.

You believe this?

You believe if someone outplayed Favre in T\C and Preseason, THEY would be the starting QB?

YES, tell us oh great spelling master, what do you think, i CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS!

I think my reply there says how I feel on that scenario. Maybe someone can explain it to you.

And people wonder why I'm rude to dumb people. They make it too easy to resist!

(and 'spelling master'? wtf? God you entertain me so much)

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
tromadz said:
calicheesehead said:

You believe this?

I think my reply there says how I feel on that scenario. Maybe someone can explain it to you.

You're the coolest dude EVER, Tromadz.

We all know it. Duh. Cool guy.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
tromadz said:
calicheesehead said:

You believe this?

this should be hilarious. are you saying that if A-Rod out-performed #4 in training camp, TT & MM would still start Brett Favre?

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would it take for you to get off of Favre's ***? He threw for 3800+ yards last year with 7 people back, one Pro Bowl WR, an injured 2nd WR (Jennings was awesome before he got hurt), and a lousy TE. That's pretty incredible. Put any other QB in his shoes and see how they would do.

C'mon Zombie.... Don't let the facts ruin the Favre-bashing party. :roll:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dhpackr said:
tromadz said:
calicheesehead said:

You believe this?

this should be hilarious. are you saying that if A-Rod out-performed #4 in training camp, TT & MM would still start Brett Favre?

You really fail at baiting.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Michael Turner outperformed LaDainian Tomlinson in TC would you bench Tomlinson?

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DH.

Don't bother. Some people don't have the courage of their convictions to actually come out and say what they believe--that Favre has lost it and he sucks, and should be replaced by Aaron Rodgers, no matter how wrong headed, ridiculous, and foolish that that belief actually is-- so they make subtle hints and accusations like a chick that you have to be a mind reader to figure out what they're saying.

Favre will prove the naysayers and bashers wrong this season and they will look foolish enough.

Yet to these same posters, if you point out a weakness of Thompson's (even if you give him props in other areas), they hit the roof and gang up and attack you personally, and try to treat you like you're a moron.

Don't sweat it.

We will all see what the season will bear.

At least, some of us will, who aren't in total denial. :lol:

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys need to keep in mind that A-rod didn't really play against the starting D.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre still has what it takes to get the job done. Even the announcers said after the game on Thursday night that Favre was near perfection. They wouldnt say that if he was washed up.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre still has what it takes to get the job done. Even the announcers said after the game on Thursday night that Favre was near perfection. They wouldnt say that if he was washed up.

trom is washed up!

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone believes Favre is washed up. They're rather concerned about his decision-making though. Which has been partly due to the fact that they have had a poor team for the last couple of years from injures or getting rid of Sherman's mistakes. Favre finally has the defense to keep him in the game, but no longer has Holmgren to keep him under control.

Favre may have lost a step, he may not have. I think he finally has a team where he doesn't have to feel like the weight is on his shoulders. Hopefully he can hold the offense together.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone believes Favre is washed up. They're rather concerned about his decision-making though. Which has been partly due to the fact that they have had a poor team for the last couple of years from injures or getting rid of Sherman's mistakes. Favre finally has the defense to keep him in the game, but no longer has Holmgren to keep him under control.

Favre may have lost a step, he may not have. I think he finally has a team where he doesn't have to feel like the weight is on his shoulders. Hopefully he can hold the offense together.
He;s getting older, but has looked sharp and ready to play this year. I LOVED when he was shown on the sideline playing "under center" with one of the coaches. He seems to have that old spark back that makes him so much fun to watch!

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok... say this.

Green Bay 0 v Washington 24.

Favre has thrown two picks that led to scores and a fumble that lead to a feild goal.
its in the middle of the 3rd quarter, and the coaching staff pulls Brett because hes ineffective in the game and hes getting tee-ed off on.

Aaron Rodgers comes in and leads the team to a comback victory.

WHAT DO YOU DO THEN?

If he is still walking and talking you start Favre in the next game. That's what you do.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow,

I only got have way through this thread before I realized "Why are we even talking about this ?

I could understand this worthy of conversation under different circumstances; but to debate how Brett is going to go out while we are presently 3-0 as a team and Brett is about two break two of the Biggest NFL records; seems a little strange to say the least.

Shouldn't we be enjoying these good times with Brett while we have them ?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow,

I only got have way through this thread before I realized "Why are we even talking about this ?

I could understand this worthy of conversation under different circumstances; but to debate how Brett is going to go out while we are presently 3-0 as a team and Brett is about two break two of the Biggest NFL records; seems a little strange to say the least.

This is an old post full of Favre bashing that I brought back to show that I was for Favre the entire off-season, defending him vehemently with facts after facts.

Favre at this rate has probably a 1 in 3 chance of winning his 4th MVP this year. I hope he can keep it up. Favre's my favorite player.

It was James Lofton and it pissed me off when Lofton went to the Raiders and everyone kept saying he was washed. Then Lofton went to the Bills and was stellar, earning yet another trip to the Pro Bowl and actually did pretty well in one of the Bills' SB losses.

This is the same feeling I was getting this off-season, very defensive of a player who still has it, yet so many people wanted to write him off. MM definitely knew what's up, and now we're seeing MM was right all along.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Wow,

This is an old post full of Favre bashing that I brought back to show that I was for Favre the entire off-season, defending him vehemently with facts after facts.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Congrats, here's a cookie.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
Wow,

Looks like I better keep a better eye out for the dates on these posts :roll:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
Wow,

Thanks Trom. 8)

Now let's see Favre get an MVP, put all the records out of P Manning's reach, and finish with back-to-back SB wins.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now let's see Favre get an MVP, put all the records out of P Manning's reach, and finish with back-to-back SB wins.

I would love nothing more.

Looks like I better keep a better eye out for the dates on these posts :roll:

It's a conspiracy, I'm sure.

Staff online

Members online