It is going to happen.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
ok... say this.

Green Bay 0 v Washington 24.

Favre has thrown two picks that led to scores and a fumble that lead to a feild goal.
its in the middle of the 3rd quarter, and the coaching staff pulls Brett because hes ineffective in the game and hes getting tee-ed off on.

Aaron Rodgers comes in and leads the team to a comback victory.

WHAT DO YOU DO THEN?

If the defense doesn't change schemes are pull off the dogs.. and Rodgers leads them back... then in my mind...

It would be like Favre to Kittrick Taylor... it would be the start of the next great QB love affair in Packerland... Just as Majic was to Favre ... it would be time to step aside after the year was over.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
ok... say this.

Favre has thrown two picks that led to scores and a fumble that lead to a feild goal.
its in the middle of the 3rd quarter, and the coaching staff pulls Brett because hes ineffective in the game and hes getting tee-ed off on.

WHAT DO YOU DO THEN?

If the defense doesn't change schemes are pull off the dogs.. and Rodgers leads them back... then in my mind...

It would be like Favre to Kittrick Taylor... it would be the start of the next great QB love affair in Packerland... Just as Majic was to Favre ... it would be time to step aside after the year was over.

of course it would be... but thats a hard pill to choke down in Green Bay... it will have to happen sometime.

and leading up to this year, if you would have said the next great QB love affair in Packer land about Aaron Rodgers i would have never believed you.

But now just in the traing camp and preseason... im starting to see the personality flairs, the semi-cocky comments, the flip passes, the unconventional, the playmaker attributes you love to love in a QB... and i think A-rodg just might make it afterall.

hdultraclassic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok... say this.

WHAT DO YOU DO THEN?

I ask for a hit off whatever you're currently smoking. :roll:

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
It is going to happen this year. It is going to be an interesting reaction.

It is half time. The Packers are down by 13 points. The defense is playing great, Brett and the offense are not moving the ball and Brett has thrown an interception for 7 of the 13 points scored against the defence.

The Packers come out of locker room after the half and Brett and the offence come out and go 3 and out twice.

Will the fans be chanting for Aaron? Will The Defense be hoping for Rodgers? Who will be wining the ruthless verbal battle going on in the Packer Forum game day chat between Brett Lovers and the realistic Packer Posters?

Rodgers takes the field. Two touchdowns and the Packers win.

How does Brett handle it deep down inside? How does the press handle it?

How does M.M. handle it the week after?

It is going to be good theatre.

and then you awoke from your all day drunkfest at the roman coin sucking down tappers. you stumble to the bathroom seeking an aspirin to calm your headache. you then swagger to the kitchen, open the musty stale fridge, open a can of schlitz, and slug it down to stop your alcohol induced tremors......you then realize, it was all just a dream.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only when we are behind 10 points or more do I get nervous about Brett's play. If the defense keeps up their amazing play, I do not think this situation will arise.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
It is going to happen this year. It is going to be an interesting reaction.

It is half time. The Packers are down by 13 points. The defense is playing great, Brett and the offense are not moving the ball and Brett has thrown an interception for 7 of the 13 points scored against the defence.

The Packers come out of locker room after the half and Brett and the offence come out and go 3 and out twice.

Will the fans be chanting for Aaron? Will The Defense be hoping for Rodgers? Who will be wining the ruthless verbal battle going on in the Packer Forum game day chat between Brett Lovers and the realistic Packer Posters?

Rodgers takes the field. Two touchdowns and the Packers win.

How does Brett handle it deep down inside? How does the press handle it?

How does M.M. handle it the week after?

It is going to be good theatre.

and then you awoke from your all day drunkfest at the roman coin sucking down tappers. you stumble to the bathroom seeking an aspirin to calm your headache. you then swagger to the kitchen, open the musty stale fridge, open a can of schlitz, and slug it down to stop your alcohol induced tremors......you then realize, it was all just a dream.

LOL

You forgot puked in the revolving door of the CVS Drug Store.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montana never regressed. He was excellent even in his last year. His last two years as a Chief, he led them to winning records and had excellent stats, and swept the Raiders both times.

I'm wondering what you have against Favre. The guy still has it. Sure he makes bad decisions. So do you. So do I. It's because, we're all HUMAN.

What would it take for you to get off of Favre's ***? He threw for 3800+ yards last year with 7 people back, one Pro Bowl WR, an injured 2nd WR (Jennings was awesome before he got hurt), and a lousy TE. That's pretty incredible. Put any other QB in his shoes and see how they would do.

This is an excellent post, Zombie. With the cast that he had last year, it was incredible, yet how many people here would agree with that?

And for the life of me, I don't understand the rationale of some of you posters here.

Montana didn't have to suffer through a rebuilding process having to tutor a team that was a majority of raw rookies in his final seasons in San Francisco, neither did Elway in Denver. Aikman didn't in Dallas really either. You could maybe make a point that Miami wasn't fielding very good talent around Marino in his final years, and you saw what happened.

People here do not want to admit that Green Bay is rebuilding. Even Ted won't admit it. And what do you think happens when you completely tear down a team and fill it with rookies?

You have uneven play by the WHOLE TEAM! Not just one celebrated QB that happens to be on the roster. But you are willing to give him the lion's share of the blame, however.

RP. Your scenario is not going to happen.

What is going to happen though is that Favre is going to lead this raw, unschooled team of rookies to some wins and some losses during the year, and the un-grateful fan will be calling for Favre's head. However, this team will learn how to win under Favre's tuteledge and will end up either 9-7 or 10-6, and it will largely be because Brett Favre is calling the shots under center. He knows how to win. He's been there before. The question is, does this young, raw-***** team know how? Favre will show them the way!

The bigger question is however, when Favre leads this young, wet behind the ears team into the playoffs, how many so-called fans here will be calling for Brett Favre's head (and retirement) anyway because for 3 years now they have been screaming that he is "not the future of the Green Bay Packers" and that he is "impeding the progress" of this young Packer team and of one Aaron Rodgers.

All he does is win and help this team become a winning team, and eventually, if the stubborn, bull-headed TT finally gives in and decides to help him out in free agency, it will be a championship team.

I hope he comes back next year and makes all you non-believers squirm because you are buying the hype from ESPN and elsewhere that Favre is washed up.

You'll see.

The truth shall set ye free!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't see Favre getting pulled out of a game for poor performance. I agree with Packnic that he would have to have a whole string of bad games to get pulled out. I don't see that happening this year, because Favre looks pretty darn good. I do think that Rodgers should be allowed to compete with Favre for the starting position next year, however, and may the best man win. I think Rodgers is about as good as Favre right now, and he's bound to get better, so it would be an interesting battle.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I just can't see Favre getting pulled out of a game for poor performance. I agree with Packnic that he would have to have a whole string of bad games to get pulled out.

I don't see Favre being pulled out even then. The man's a legend, and I don't see Green Bay doing that to him, even if it hurts the team.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I just can't see Favre getting pulled out of a game for poor performance. I agree with Packnic that he would have to have a whole string of bad games to get pulled out.

I don't see Favre being pulled out even then. The man's a legend, and I don't see Green Bay doing that to him, even if it hurts the team.

You are probably right about that, trom.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll go further than that!

If Favre loses it, he should be pulled.

But he won't lose it.

38 is not that old for a QB today.

In Johnny U's day when they didn't train like they do today and they become round shouldered and weak armed, and swamp assed*.

It happened to Starr. It happened to Hadl.

It has not happened to Favre yet. Not by a long shot. To the chagrin of certain posters here.

(*Swamp-Assed: "When, as in the NFL, a Quarterback's *** becomes round and flaccid, feminized, much like a woman's, and mushy, not suitable for avoiding foes on the gridiron, but better suited for long bouts of sitting on a long pine bench, hunched in a rain-slicker and holding a clip-board. For referral, see old NFL film clips of former QB greats who held on too long without the benefit of modern day weight training...ie Sonny Jurgenson, Johnny Unitas, YA Title, Bart Starr, etc)
(from "The Alternative 'Cyclopedia of Pro Football. p. 89)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But he won't lose it.

In Johnny U's day when they didn't train like they do today and they become round shouldered and weak armed, and swamp assed*.

It has not happened to Favre yet. Not by a long shot. To the chagrin of certain posters here.

(*Swamp-Assed: "When, as in the NFL, a Quarterback's *** becomes round and flaccid, feminized, much like a woman's, and mushy, not suitable for avoiding foes on the gridiron, but better suited for long bouts of sitting on a long pine bench, hunched in a rain-slicker and holding a clip-board. For referral, see old NFL film clips of former QB greats who held on too long without the benefit of modern day weight training...ie Sonny Jurgenson, Johnny Unitas, YA Title, Bart Starr, etc)

I agree that Favre is in great shape. I do think he's lost a bit of accuracy over the past few years and his unwillingness to scramble has made him less effective. But he's still a very good QB. Rodgers' contract situation may force the issue, however, as the Packers won't want Rodgers to play out his entire contract sitting on the bench, then go to another team.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But he won't lose it.

Surely you believe that Favre in 2007 is not as good as Favre in 1996? At least talent wise? I believe he can still be effective and lead a team to victory but I wouldn't go as far to compare him to himself in his prime when he was the best in the game. I know your not exactly doing that but I'm curious to how you would rate this Favre to the 3 time MVP Brett Favre.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Montana never regressed. He was excellent even in his last year. His last two years as a Chief, he led them to winning records and had excellent stats, and swept the Raiders both times.

I'm wondering what you have against Favre. The guy still has it. Sure he makes bad decisions. So do you. So do I. It's because, we're all HUMAN.

What would it take for you to get off of Favre's ***? He threw for 3800+ yards last year with 7 people back, one Pro Bowl WR, an injured 2nd WR (Jennings was awesome before he got hurt), and a lousy TE. That's pretty incredible. Put any other QB in his shoes and see how they would do.

This is an excellent post, Zombie. With the cast that he had last year, it was incredible, yet how many people here would agree with that?

And for the life of me, I don't understand the rationale of some of you posters here.

Montana didn't have to suffer through a rebuilding process having to tutor a team that was a majority of raw rookies in his final seasons in San Francisco, neither did Elway in Denver. Aikman didn't in Dallas really either. You could maybe make a point that Miami wasn't fielding very good talent around Marino in his final years, and you saw what happened.

People here do not want to admit that Green Bay is rebuilding. Even Ted won't admit it. And what do you think happens when you completely tear down a team and fill it with rookies?

You have uneven play by the WHOLE TEAM! Not just one celebrated QB that happens to be on the roster. But you are willing to give him the lion's share of the blame, however.

What is going to happen though is that Favre is going to lead this raw, unschooled team of rookies to some wins and some losses during the year, and the un-grateful fan will be calling for Favre's head. However, this team will learn how to win under Favre's tuteledge and will end up either 9-7 or 10-6, and it will largely be because Brett Favre is calling the shots under center. He knows how to win. He's been there before. The question is, does this young, raw-***** team know how? Favre will show them the way!

The bigger question is however, when Favre leads this young, wet behind the ears team into the playoffs, how many so-called fans here will be calling for Brett Favre's head (and retirement) anyway because for 3 years now they have been screaming that he is "not the future of the Green Bay Packers" and that he is "impeding the progress" of this young Packer team and of one Aaron Rodgers.

All he does is win and help this team become a winning team, and eventually, if the stubborn, bull-headed TT finally gives in and decides to help him out in free agency, it will be a championship team.

I hope he comes back next year and makes all you non-believers squirm because you are buying the hype from ESPN and elsewhere that Favre is washed up.

You'll see.

I give up.

I have been bashed. I have been called a drunk. I have been quartered by some of you here. I have had personal attacks that have nothing to do with the question I was asking or the hypothetical situation I presented.

Personal attacks I can take. It is the fricking Internet, I have not *****ed, nor sent a PM to Ryan asking for it to stop.

Why? Because I started a post about getting old? Digression? A natural process and I asked a question: How people felt the Packer fans would handle it based on Brett's obvious status in the smallest and most loyal market in the N.F.L. if he had a couple of bad games?

That is a no no here on this forum for many. UNTHINKABLE and TREASON.

Montana digressed (AS IN WAS GETTING OLDER.),The 49ers were seeing it and they had a young QB who was waiting in the wings. They saw the future, they acted on it and moved on. That was a bad move I am sure for the Die Hard Loyal Montana Fans who just wanted him on the field.

The 49'ers said: Let's look to the future, let's cultivate the field, let's bring in the new crop of QB that we have been watering and invested in.

Who was that guy who the Q.B. the 49'ers moved on to based on youthful talent waiting in the wings after the Joe Montana era?

I give up. I am not going to post anything anymore that will be a thought provoking interesting thread for conversation on this forum.

I will be starting threads about how great the second punt of the game was and how that punt had hang time that was perfect.

I will be starting threads about how Brett had a bunch of kids over to his steak house after the game and sat with them for an hour.

I will be starting threads about how Lee got blown off the line and Brett did not have the time.

I will be starting threads about how Jones did not break on the route and that was why it was intercepted.

I will be starting threads about how the punt return team should have given Brett better field position.

Two years form now.... I will be starting threads about how Brett at 39 is a legend, a deer hunter, and a farmer, so trade away Rodgers for a two good receivers and a fullback who can pick up the blitz.

I AM A NEW RAIDER PRIDE.

You will love me from now on.

Ohhh You will love me from now on. You will cherish my posts.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I AM A NEW RAIDER PRIDE.

:cry: I liked the old Raider Pride.

Don't stop just because some people can't handle it.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey RP.

Cheer up.

"Anybody can be a non drunk. It takes a special talent to be a drunk. It takes endurance. Endurance is more important than truth"
Charles Bukowski

I should know. I am called one everyday, and take a certain pride in it. It's not easy to do.

And another thing. Welcome to the Light!

Aaron Rodgers is no Steve Young, in my book. Or at least, we do not know if he is. There's more than a good chance he's not. Steve is a HOF'amer.

Relax.

Aaron's young. He can wait around saving his body.

It will probably prolong his career in the NFL.

I wish I got paid that kind of money to sit on my ***.

So look at the positive.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Zombieslayer said:

You'll see.

I give up.

I have been bashed. I have been called a drunk. I have been quartered by some of you here. I have had personal attacks that have nothing to do with the question I was asking or the hypothetical situation I presented.

I AM A NEW RAIDER PRIDE.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah one day Favres gonna lose that edge and have to be replaced, but I just can't imagine a We want Rodgers chant coming from a group of Packers fans. I may be a young member of this board (25) but Favre is the Packers to me. I've never known the Pack without 4.

I realize one day Favre will be gone but why must we talk about it, it makes me sad.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RP - I'm simply stating facts. Favre threw for 3800+ yards with a bad OL, that was so bad, we had to keep 7 people back. Favre goes out, gets replaced by Rodgers, and what happens? Rodgers is out for the season.

This is exactly what I DON'T want to see Rodgers walk into. Rodgers is from Chico, California. I have a house in Chico. I'm planning to retire in Chico. I have ties there. I love Chico. I want as much as anyone (except Cal2GreenBay) to see Rodgers succeed. It is not the time yet.

Relax, bro. You think you're the only person who's been insulted on this forum? Geez. I've been called retarded. I'd rather have been called drunk. You don't see me giving up.

I am a Green Bay Packers fan, and have been one since 1976. That's why I love Favre so much. He's been our starting QB for years and brought us winning seasons every year except for '05 which was not his fault, but the injury gods killed us that year. Everyone and their grandma went down except for Favre and Driver. Favre can take a hit, and he keeps going.

When our OL is dominant, which will hopefully be next year, throw in Rodgers. Let the man lead us to victory after victory, which will hopefully be a Super Bowl win or two. That would be SICK to see someone from Chico win a Super Bowl for the Packers. Put him in now, I don't know. I don't trust the OL yet. Favre practically has eyes on the back of his head and can dodge DLs like Superman dodging bullets. Rodgers can't. I'd hate to see Rodgers career over, because I've seen it happen too many times. All it takes is one nasty hit.

Last, but not least, Madden ranks Favre at #10 for QBs. That's pretty freaking good out of 32 starting QBs. Madden knows football better than most of us, and he definitely knows it better than I do. At least I'm man enough to admit that. If Madden says Favre still has it, then Favre still has it.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be a very unhappy day for Packer fans all over when Favre calls it quits, it is coming and sooner then any of us want to admit. That is why we have to enjoy every single game Brett plays because it could be his last.

When one of the great ones retires it is a sad day for all football fans. It does not matter what team your allegiance lies with. A true football fan hates to see the great ones go. Favre was one of the best. He is "Old School". He plays the game with heart. He plays through pain. He is there ready to go every week.
I think he should have won more super bowls. Although he did win one more than we have ever won. I think it comes down to that the playoffs are a single elimination tournament, and you really have to be on top of your game every week.
The best team only to win one super bowl was the 85 Bears. That team with the defense they had should have had multiple Championships. But, that is still one more than we have won. I think I will just shut up now. :cry: :cry: :cry:

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Zombieslayer said:

You'll see.

I give up.

Personal attacks I can take. It is the fricking Internet, I have not *****ed, nor sent a PM to Ryan asking for it to stop.

Why? Because I started a post about getting old? Digression? A natural process and I asked a question: How people felt the Packer fans would handle it based on Brett's obvious status in the smallest and most loyal market in the N.F.L. if he had a couple of bad games?

That is a no no here on this forum for many. UNTHINKABLE and TREASON.

Montana digressed (AS IN WAS GETTING OLDER.),The 49ers were seeing it and they had a young QB who was waiting in the wings. They saw the future, they acted on it and moved on. That was a bad move I am sure for the Die Hard Loyal Montana Fans who just wanted him on the field.

The 49'ers said: Let's look to the future, let's cultivate the field, let's bring in the new crop of QB that we have been watering and invested in.

Who was that guy who the Q.B. the 49'ers moved on to based on youthful talent waiting in the wings after the Joe Montana era?

I give up. I am not going to post anything anymore that will be a thought provoking interesting thread for conversation on this forum.

I will be starting threads about how great the second punt of the game was and how that punt had hang time that was perfect.

I will be starting threads about how Brett had a bunch of kids over to his steak house after the game and sat with them for an hour.

I will be starting threads about how Lee got blown off the line and Brett did not have the time.

I will be starting threads about how Jones did not break on the route and that was why it was intercepted.

I will be starting threads about how the punt return team should have given Brett better field position.

Two years form now.... I will be starting threads about how Brett at 39 is a legend, a deer hunter, and a farmer, so trade away Rodgers for a two good receivers and a fullback who can pick up the blitz.

I AM A NEW RAIDER PRIDE.

nah, you are better off power slamming tappers and not posting at all!

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
you know what, i really, really hope a-rod gets his chance this year.
So you can shut the f*** up, and we can see who the best QB in GB is! and it sure aint A-rod!

If Rodgers gets his chance this year he's obviously the better QB.

How can you say for sure that he is a better QB than a HOF by only getting a shot!? So what if A-Rod comes out in the second half of a game and led us to a comeback win. It wouldnt be anything that Brett hasnt done before!

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can you say for sure that he is a better QB than a HOF by only getting a shot!? So what if A-Rod comes out in the second half of a game and led us to a comeback win. It wouldnt be anything that Brett hasnt done before!

I don't see what's so hard to understand about what I said.

Hypothetically Favre gets pulled because of very poor performance. He wouldn't get pulled if he hadn't completely lost it and showed absolutely nothing positive while playing.

They would put in Rodgers because they believe he is better, so hence my statement.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about hypothetically Aaron Rodgers never turns out to be more than an average QB, or at worst, another Tim Couch?

And hypothetically, the Packers never go better than 8-8 for the next three years?

Will Ted Thompson "hypothetically" be fired?

I'd rather go with a know quantity for now than a hypothetical player, for now.

Members online

Latest posts