It is going to happen.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is going to happen this year. It is going to be an interesting reaction.

It is half time. The Packers are down by 13 points. The defense is playing great, Brett and the offense are not moving the ball and Brett has thrown an interception for 7 of the 13 points scored against the defence.

The Packers come out of locker room after the half and Brett and the offence come out and go 3 and out twice.

Will the fans be chanting for Aaron? Will The Defense be hoping for Rodgers? Who will be wining the ruthless verbal battle going on in the Packer Forum game day chat between Brett Lovers and the realistic Packer Posters?

Rodgers takes the field. Two touchdowns and the Packers win.

How does Brett handle it deep down inside? How does the press handle it?

How does M.M. handle it the week after?

It is going to be good theatre.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's going to be a strange and horrific train wreck. i don't know what i'll do. one of those moments where i'll probably be crying, ifeeling both happy and sad, and feeling guilty over both of those emotions.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's definitely something to think about. I hope Favre goes out on his own, and not by being pulled out at half time by the coach. Not that it'd tarnish his records, but it would have to be frustrating.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
Raider Pride said,

Post subject: Actually Glad Aaron Bombed.
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:35 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rodgers 4 for 12 and 32 yards.

I am actually glad the kid bombed. It is a good thing.

He got some experience. He is going to be good one day. The game was out of hand so it did not cost the Packers a game.

But most of all..... If he did go 10 for 12 with 2 td's... I could not stand the people who would have been all over it saying sit Brett.

This team does not need a QB controversey and Brett is the answer right now. The media and many people here would have had a field day if Rodgers palyed well.

RP

What happened to you, RP?

We're you brain-washed and captured by TT and A-Rod mind altering zombies that makes you come up with this s***/stuff?

You have a pretty good memory for some one who just joined this site in June.

Interesting observation Subin.

Fuzznuts.

Aaron is not the same player is is today that he was in 2006.

I am not bashing Brett. It is called the natural progression of life, and progressive thinking. I am not driving an 11 year old car, I am not wearing 10 year old T-Shirts. I am also no longer heating up my soup in a pot on the stove. I have a microwave.

Change is coming, and I think it is far different than any change we have seen in the NFL so far as far as a NFL great QB declining due to life and age.

Packer Fans are going to take this harder than any 49er fan when Joe Montana Digressed, it will be far different than Miami fans reacted when Marino lost his edge. Packer fans are far more loyal and a different breed than any city in the NFL IMHO.

I am just bringing a topic to a forum and was looking to get some input on how this will unfold. I think it is an interesting thought.

You have to admit Aaron is looking like a fine dawn horizon on a new day that is inevitably going to come

R.P.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you know what, i really, really hope a-rod gets his chance this year.
So you can shut the f*** up, and we can see who the best QB in GB is! and it sure aint A-rod!

If Rodgers gets his chance this year he's obviously the better QB.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montana never regressed. He was excellent even in his last year. His last two years as a Chief, he led them to winning records and had excellent stats, and swept the Raiders both times.

I'm wondering what you have against Favre. The guy still has it. Sure he makes bad decisions. So do you. So do I. It's because, we're all HUMAN.

What would it take for you to get off of Favre's ***? He threw for 3800+ yards last year with 7 people back, one Pro Bowl WR, an injured 2nd WR (Jennings was awesome before he got hurt), and a lousy TE. That's pretty incredible. Put any other QB in his shoes and see how they would do.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, wanted to add. We saw what Aaron Rodgers did. He came in for half a game and got knocked out for the rest of the season.

Not at all knocking Rodgers, I'm showing one example of putting any other QB in that position. Favre is the toughest QB to ever play the game. And this year he's going to be way better than last year. The OL is gelling. Jennings is back. Driver is still Driver. And Franks looks to be closer to good ol' Franks than what we saw last year from Franks.

It's a wonderful time to be a Packers fan. I don't see what all the Favre bashing is about.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think this will happen at all. And I dont believe most of the packer fans will be yelling for Rodgers.

the thread is meant for me.

i hope a-rod gets his chance. with the way b-jack runs the ball, teams can stop his running game and tee off on a-rod, and then you can watch your guy get killed. enjoy.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dh, what is it you want? i know you wanted (past tense) for Thompson to get some free agents. so did most all of us. but he said that most of the fa's this year are way overinflated and it wasn't worth wasting the future on a huge free agent signing when the player wasn't good enough for a huge contract. that means maybe in 2008 we can make a splash in free agency like we did in 2006. the 2007 free agency period is over. look forward. you'll be much happier, i swear.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzz reminds me of someone... I hope Ryan didn't bend and allow the turd back though :)

Is that your passive-agressive way of calling me a turd, turd?

I find this a curious post.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
dh, what is it you want? i know you wanted (past tense) for Thompson to get some free agents. so did most all of us. but he said that most of the fa's this year are way overinflated and it wasn't worth wasting the future on a huge free agent signing when the player wasn't good enough for a huge contract. that means maybe in 2008 we can make a splash in free agency like we did in 2006. the 2007 free agency period is over. look forward. you'll be much happier, i swear.

first of all, don't **** on my back and tell me it is raining. in other words,
right now, the team can not run the ball. i don't care who the qb is, if you can not run, that qb is gonna pay. and if we can not run, do not tell me the best man for the job is A-Rod, b/c i aint buying it.
next, do not try and tell me a RB who was hurt last year, and played part-time through college, who has 4.58 speed and is 5' 9" , is gonna be a force in the running game. and do not say that his burst is great, when it is avg at best.
and lastly, do not tell me i am not a fan of the packers b/c i write what i see and my thoughts. i love the pack, and want them to win, but with this roster, i don't see it, nor do i see where the team has greatly improved.
just my two cents worth is all.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

first of all, don't **** on my back and tell me it is raining. in other words,
right now, the team can not run the ball. i don't care who the qb is, if you can not run, that qb is gonna pay. and if we can not run, do not tell me the best man for the job is A-Rod, b/c i aint buying it.
next, do not try and tell me a RB who was hurt last year, and played part-time through college, who has 4.58 speed and is 5' 9" , is gonna be a force in the running game. and do not say that his burst is great, when it is avg at best.
and lastly, do not tell me i am not a fan of the packers b/c i write what i see and my thoughts. i love the pack, and want them to win, but with this roster, i don't see it, nor do i see where the team has greatly improved.
just my two cents worth is all.

I didn't imply any of those things. I think you're quite astute and you obviously know football. but i don't know where your anger comes from though. Ted has shown he'll go to free agency (Pickett, Woodson), so it's not like he didn't try to get players to GB. GB is a hard sell on most players because of how small the city is, etc. Winning, obviously, is most important to a player, but ted didn't inherit a solid club so he didn't have much to work with. Anyone here can tell you're a diehard fan, but there's a whole lot more the ball-club than, "Ted should've signed a free agent RB". surely you know that. All i'm trying to say is that i think you'd be a lot less pissed off by lookng into the future of the Green Bay Packers and not lamenting over what did or did not happen in the past.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

It is half time. The Packers are down by 13 points. The defense is playing great, Brett and the offense are not moving the ball and Brett has thrown an interception for 7 of the 13 points scored against the defence.

The Packers come out of locker room after the half and Brett and the offence come out and go 3 and out twice.

Will the fans be chanting for Aaron? Will The Defense be hoping for Rodgers? Who will be wining the ruthless verbal battle going on in the Packer Forum game day chat between Brett Lovers and the realistic Packer Posters?

Ahhh Raider Pride... a great post about what might be, no doubt that the time will come for Brett to hand it over.. whether we are there or not we shall see.

In your senerio... after the Packers led by Favre go three and out two straight times.. I don't think the crowd will be chanting for Rodgers. May a small segment, probably, but overall I would think the Packer nation is more loyal and respectful than that.

Brett has done many wonderful things for the Packers over the years, and if there is a time where he can't get it done, I hope there is a more respectful way to handle it than yanking him out of a game where with a single pass we can get back into the game.

Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but allowing a legend to save his pride might be worth more than a single game. I feel that way with all players that have suited up for a team and has shown loyalty over the years.

Same as say Hendo this year, his career was probably over, but let the man learn that for himself between the stripes on the field. If Miree and rookies are better, let them beat him out in camp, not in an offseason move. If he is worth his salt, he will realize it is time and move over for the next in line and walk away with his head up.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is on his way out, if its next year or two years after, he will know when to call it quits.

When in WI I talked to my brother and he said the same thing as some of you here, let Rodgers play to get some more experience. I disagreed with him to. I believe Rodgers will have his chance to take over the team but that will be when Favre can no longer can contribute to this team. We have to pick the best QB for our team and that is Favre at this moment. Rodgers is learning from the best, but I still dont believe Rodgers is ready to step in behind FAvre as of yet.

It will be a very unhappy day for Packer fans all over when Favre calls it quits, it is coming and sooner then any of us want to admit. That is why we have to enjoy every single game Brett plays because it could be his last.

Why would you want to replace a great QB with a not so good one? I dont know about any of you here, but I want to get into the play offs and maybe another Superbowl, I think with Rodgers at the helm we wouldnt get there anytime soon like this year or next. With Favre we may have a chance because with Favre you always have a chance.

But to say Favre would go out like that and saying the fans chanting for Rodgers, I dont believe that would happen for a second. just my view point.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't believe fans would chant for rodgers is favre is playing poorly either. but we are fans and think with our hearts. the job of the administration is to think with their heads. ya know? so while we may not want favre to stop playing (ever!), the coaches may have some very tough decesions to make, if not this year, then the next, or the year after that, or the year after that, or the year after that, or.....

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

This could very well happen and as you note the reaction and fallout would be interesting to say the least. I think we need to put in context to fully envision what may happen. Has Favre been playing good ball all season until this game? Has the offense struggled, while the defense has been a positive? Are the Packers still alive for a playoff bearth?, etc.

I see the coaching staff having a long leash when it comes to Favre, based on past experience. However, if he is playing subpar ball and the offense is struggling mightily for several weeks, and it appears that we are out of playoff contention - I think it would behoove the staff to get Rogers some playing time in a more meaningful fashion than just mop up. But even under those circumstances the fallout would be gigantic.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Majority of Packer fans are behind Favre until the end so there is no way this would ever happen. If it does then I'll be the first to say I'm wrong but it's very unlikely in my opinion. I'm sure the Pack will be down 13-0 or something like that and Favre will try to get it all back at once and he won't but he'll never get pulled for Rodgers unless, he's hurt, Packers are up big, or down big late in the game.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

This could very well happen and as you note the reaction and fallout would be interesting to say the least. I think we need to put in context to fully envision what may happen. Has Favre been playing good ball all season until this game? Has the offense struggled, while the defense has been a positive? Are the Packers still alive for a playoff bearth?, etc.

I see the coaching staff having a long leash when it comes to Favre, based on past experience. However, if he is playing subpar ball and the offense is struggling mightily for several weeks, and it appears that we are out of playoff contention - I think it would behoove the staff to get Rogers some playing time in a more meaningful fashion than just mop up. But even under those circumstances the fallout would be gigantic.

i agree spardo... i think it would take at least 3 straight games of terrible play from Favre to get the green bay crowd chanting Aarons name.

the coaching staff however is a different story... they could pull him after one game of bad play and a bad start to another. but they also answer to the piper, the piper being the fans. Pulling Brett Favre will never be a popular move, but it may be a necessary one. hopefully not this year.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok... say this.

Green Bay 0 v Washington 24.

Favre has thrown two picks that led to scores and a fumble that lead to a feild goal.
its in the middle of the 3rd quarter, and the coaching staff pulls Brett because hes ineffective in the game and hes getting tee-ed off on.

Aaron Rodgers comes in and leads the team to a comback victory.

WHAT DO YOU DO THEN?

Members online

Latest posts