It is going to happen.

Tileman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
It is going to happen this year. It is going to be an interesting reaction.

It is half time. The Packers are down by 13 points. The defense is playing great, Brett and the offense are not moving the ball and Brett has thrown an interception for 7 of the 13 points scored against the defence.

The Packers come out of locker room after the half and Brett and the offence come out and go 3 and out twice.

Will the fans be chanting for Aaron? Will The Defense be hoping for Rodgers? Who will be wining the ruthless verbal battle going on in the Packer Forum game day chat between Brett Lovers and the realistic Packer Posters?

Rodgers takes the field. Two touchdowns and the Packers win.

How does Brett handle it deep down inside? How does the press handle it?

How does M.M. handle it the week after?

It is going to be good theatre.

Oh yes, a very good post, and your right I believe it will happen this year because I believe the defense will have the Packers in every game this year, and Brett will have himself under pressure to move the chains.

However, I don't believe the crowd at Lambeau will be chanting for Rodgers, I just don't think that will happen.

But it rarely ends good for heroes at their franchise that made them famous, sure there are a couple of exceptions, but way more often then not it ends badly.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're not hoping for that, are you?

I mean, it could end like it did for Elway.

Or don't you believe that is possible?

Tileman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well if that's the way it goes down which is purely hypothetical, but I would absolutely want Rodgers to be put in, I'm a Packer fan, I want them to win no matter what it takes.

And no, I don't believe there's a chance in hell of it ending the way it did for Elway. I would love it if it happened as I'm sure all Packer fans would, but I don't believe it's possible.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know what all this end stuff is you guys are talking about. I believe Favre will stop playing when he feels he cant contribute to the game anymore. I think he will hang in there with the best QB's in the league. I agree he may not be as mobile as he once was, but he still can play a good game.

We will have to see what the football season brings, but I sure hope I am right. But I will be the first to opologize if I am wrong to. I just dont see it happening. Also Brett is good under pressure.

Lets just have a great year of football....GO PACK!!!

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:

Well if that's the way it goes down which is purely hypothetical, but I would absolutely want Rodgers to be put in, I'm a Packer fan, I want them to win no matter what it takes.

And no, I don't believe there's a chance in hell of it ending the way it did for Elway. I would love it if it happened as I'm sure all Packer fans would, but I don't believe it's possible.

I guess you're not a big believer in Ted Thompson then, either?

Jeez, the pessimism on this site is bringing me down lately.

And I'm an up kind of guy! :D

GoPackGo.

Tileman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also Brett is good under pressure.

Good under pressure? What would give you that idea, he's had his biggest train wrecks under pressure.

I'm not going to argue if Brett still has it or not, this year will tell the story. Brett under pressure play has been his worst, his QB rating when they're behind is at it's worst. And he's had 1 come from behind 4th Qtr drive to win the game in 4 or 5 years, {I'd have to look it up}.

But no, his playing without pressure with the lead is by far his best play, and his recent playoff performances under pressure have been pretty bad also.

Tileman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tileman said:
Fuzznuts said:

I guess you're not a big believer in Ted Thompson then, either?

Jeez, the pessimism on this site is bringing me down lately.

And I'm an up kind of guy! :D

GoPackGo.

I'm a huge TT fan, just think the teams a year away.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:

Good under pressure? What would give you that idea, he's had his biggest train wrecks under pressure.

I'm not going to argue if Brett still has it or not, this year will tell the story. Brett under pressure play has been his worst, his QB rating when they're behind is at it's worst. And he's had 1 come from behind 4th Qtr drive to win the game in 4 or 5 years, {I'd have to look it up}.

But no, his playing without pressure with the lead is by far his best play, and his recent playoff performances under pressure have been pretty bad also.

Looks like you've already passed judgement on Favre pretty well for a guy who is not going to argue if he "has it or not".

I think we know your opinion. And it's pretty biased and not grounded in fact, imo.

I guess TT's not rebuilding either in your view and Favre hasn't had to play with a rookie o-line, rookie WR's, and no running game either?

Perspective's an interesting thing, if you use it.

Tileman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tileman said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

Looks like you've already passed judgement on Favre pretty well for a guy who is not going to argue if he "has it or not".

I think we know your opinion. And it's pretty biased and not grounded in fact, imo.

I guess TT's not rebuilding either in your view and Favre hasn't had to play with a rookie o-line, rookie WR's, and no running game either?

OK smart guy, do you want me to post his ratings for the post season? And why don't you tell me why he's good under pressure? I wasn't talking about last year, but go ahead and use whatever excuses you want. Let me hear why he's good under pressure. I can't wait.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Farves great with the 2 minute drill, thats pressure. Playing with a bunch of rookies: Thats pressure. Playing hurt (with most QB's sitting out when they are hurt): Thats pressure. When he makes some throws notice I said some cause no QB is perfect and the rookie reciever doesnt run the route he is suppose to. Thats pressure. Playing a game the day of his father passing away. Thats big time pressure and then playing the best he could play. Giving up family time to play football. Thats pressure on him.

When Favre plays he gives it his all, and gives Packer fans all over the country an excitement that no other QB can do.

The pressure of winning games with the youngest team in the league is pressure.

Favre isnt perfect, but again no other QB is perfect either. But I do believe if we had somemore veterins on the team we would be going to the superbowl.

Favre is a hall of fame QB and has proven it time and time again over the years. I hope Brett has the best year this year then you will eat your words. It takes a whole team to play and make plays not just Brett Favre. He does what is asked of him.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
Tileman said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

OK smart guy, do you want me to post his ratings for the post season? And why don't you tell me why he's good under pressure? I wasn't talking about last year, but go ahead and use whatever excuses you want. Let me hear why he's good under pressure. I can't wait.

How many times has Favre had to bring the Packers back from a deficit to win a game?

Answer: Many, many times.

That's why I consider him almost single handedly responsible for Sherman's career in GB. Sherman fielded such poor defenses it was up to Favre to bring the team back time and again.

As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for Favre, the Packers wouldn't have made many playoff appearances in those years, if any.

Just think what he could have done with a little bit better team around him.

Your bias is hard coded in your signature my friend. You've been exposed for what you are.

Yeah but according to your logic of Blame Favre first and only Favre for everything, Favre the future hall of famer sucked all those years.

Right. :roll:

I can't wait to see what kind of lame statistics you are going to post next that don't say or prove anything.

"Football is not a game of statistics, only in fantasyland. "

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Your bias is hard coded in your signature my friend. You've been exposed for what you are.

Yeah but according to your logic of Blame Favre first and only Favre for everything, Favre the future hall of famer sucked all those years.

I can't wait to see what kind of lame statistics you are going to post next that don't say or prove anything.

Seems to me that Tile isn't the only one living in fantasyland.

"Football is not a game of satistics, only 'what ifs' and 'imagine if Favre had talent around him'"

:roll:

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it's all on the QB.

No QB needs the excuse of talent or a good team around him, right?

Not Peyton Manning, or Tom Brady, or Drew Brees, or Montana, Elway, Rivers, etc. etc. etc. :roll:

Tileman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tileman said:
Fuzznuts said:
Tileman said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

How many times has Favre had to bring the Packers back from a deficit to win a game?

Answer: Many, many times.

That's why I consider him almost single handedly responsible for Sherman's career in GB. Sherman fielded such poor defenses it was up to Favre to bring the team back time and again.

As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for Favre, the Packers wouldn't have made many playoff appearances in those years, if any.

I'm not going to bother posting any stats, there's no point in having a discussion with a homer living in the past. Maybe someday you'll take your Favre glasses off and realize it's been 10 years since his last MVP. You want to live in the past, feel free.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would agree with you if favre made alot of mistakes, he still can play and play well. Again we have the youngest team in the NFL right now you cannot put blame on just one guy, hes not superman and he cannot get the job done by himself. Yes he has made some bad throws just like all other QB's in the league they all do it. With winning the MVP, you have to have a great team behind you, it again doesnt just ride on the QB. A QB will not have a good year without a good team.

I dont feel I am living in the past at all, I would be the first to say if Favre wasnt playing well that it should be his last season. But I think Farve himself will let himself know when that time is up. when he can no longer contribute to the game he will retire, but as long as he can still play well he will play and why not? It will be a sad day for all Packer fans when he does retire and we know that time is coming. But for right now let him play and again I hope he proves you wrong.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Farves great with the 2 minute drill, thats pressure. Playing with a bunch of rookies: Thats pressure. Playing hurt (with most QB's sitting out when they are hurt): Thats pressure. When he makes some throws notice I said some cause no QB is perfect and the rookie reciever doesnt run the route he is suppose to. Thats pressure. Playing a game the day of his father passing away. Thats big time pressure and then playing the best he could play. Giving up family time to play football. Thats pressure on him.

When Favre plays he gives it his all, and gives Packer fans all over the country an excitement that no other QB can do.

Favre isnt perfect, but again no other QB is perfect either. But I do believe if we had somemore veterins on the team we would be going to the superbowl.

Favre is a hall of fame QB and has proven it time and time again over the years. I hope Brett has the best year this year then you will eat your words. It takes a whole team to play and make plays not just Brett Favre. He does what is asked of him.

Most intelligent thing I've heard on this forum this month. Thanks Heather!

Favre looked fine today, which of course was no surprise. We'll be fine in '07. the only question now is will Favre come back next year? I hope so.

I can't wait for this season to start! :bang: :bang:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Zombieslayer said:
Montana never regressed. He was excellent even in his last year. His last two years as a Chief, he led them to winning records and had excellent stats, and swept the Raiders both times.

I'm wondering what you have against Favre. The guy still has it. Sure he makes bad decisions. So do you. So do I. It's because, we're all HUMAN.

What would it take for you to get off of Favre's ***? He threw for 3800+ yards last year with 7 people back, one Pro Bowl WR, an injured 2nd WR (Jennings was awesome before he got hurt), and a lousy TE. That's pretty incredible. Put any other QB in his shoes and see how they would do.

This is an excellent post, Zombie. With the cast that he had last year, it was incredible, yet how many people here would agree with that?

And for the life of me, I don't understand the rationale of some of you posters here.

Montana didn't have to suffer through a rebuilding process having to tutor a team that was a majority of raw rookies in his final seasons in San Francisco, neither did Elway in Denver. Aikman didn't in Dallas really either. You could maybe make a point that Miami wasn't fielding very good talent around Marino in his final years, and you saw what happened.

People here do not want to admit that Green Bay is rebuilding. Even Ted won't admit it. And what do you think happens when you completely tear down a team and fill it with rookies?

You have uneven play by the WHOLE TEAM! Not just one celebrated QB that happens to be on the roster. But you are willing to give him the lion's share of the blame, however.

RP. Your scenario is not going to happen.

What is going to happen though is that Favre is going to lead this raw, unschooled team of rookies to some wins and some losses during the year, and the un-grateful fan will be calling for Favre's head. However, this team will learn how to win under Favre's tuteledge and will end up either 9-7 or 10-6, and it will largely be because Brett Favre is calling the shots under center. He knows how to win. He's been there before. The question is, does this young, raw-***** team know how? Favre will show them the way!

The bigger question is however, when Favre leads this young, wet behind the ears team into the playoffs, how many so-called fans here will be calling for Brett Favre's head (and retirement) anyway because for 3 years now they have been screaming that he is "not the future of the Green Bay Packers" and that he is "impeding the progress" of this young Packer team and of one Aaron Rodgers.

All he does is win and help this team become a winning team, and eventually, if the stubborn, bull-headed TT finally gives in and decides to help him out in free agency, it will be a championship team.

I hope he comes back next year and makes all you non-believers squirm because you are buying the hype from ESPN and elsewhere that Favre is washed up.

You'll see.

The truth shall set ye free!

I give up.

I have been bashed. I have been called a drunk. I have been quartered by some of you here. I have had personal attacks that have nothing to do with the question I was asking or the hypothetical situation I presented.

Personal attacks I can take. It is the fricking Internet, I have not *****ed, nor sent a PM to Ryan asking for it to stop.

Why? Because I started a post about getting old? Digression? A natural process and I asked a question: How people felt the Packer fans would handle it based on Brett's obvious status in the smallest and most loyal market in the N.F.L. if he had a couple of bad games?

That is a no no here on this forum for many. UNTHINKABLE and TREASON.

Montana digressed (AS IN WAS GETTING OLDER.),The 49ers were seeing it and they had a young QB who was waiting in the wings. They saw the future, they acted on it and moved on. That was a bad move I am sure for the Die Hard Loyal Montana Fans who just wanted him on the field.

The 49'ers said: Let's look to the future, let's cultivate the field, let's bring in the new crop of QB that we have been watering and invested in.

Who was that guy who the Q.B. the 49'ers moved on to based on youthful talent waiting in the wings after the Joe Montana era?

I give up. I am not going to post anything anymore that will be a thought provoking interesting thread for conversation on this forum.

I will be starting threads about how great the second punt of the game was and how that punt had hang time that was perfect.

I will be starting threads about how Brett had a bunch of kids over to his steak house after the game and sat with them for an hour.

I will be starting threads about how Lee got blown off the line and Brett did not have the time.

I will be starting threads about how Jones did not break on the route and that was why it was intercepted.

I will be starting threads about how the punt return team should have given Brett better field position.

Two years form now.... I will be starting threads about how Brett at 39 is a legend, a deer hunter, and a farmer, so trade away Rodgers for a two good receivers and a fullback who can pick up the blitz.

I AM A NEW RAIDER PRIDE.

You will love me from now on.

Ohhh You will love me from now on. You will cherish my posts.
You should keep posting as you have, as it was a good question in my view.
When you post something like that though, you have to expect ALL kinds of answers. And you KNOW that there are some that name call and other such nonsense. You shouldn't let it bother you so much.

Now, i think that the situation you posted won't happen.....this year at least. What I saw of Favre in the preseason, he still looked pretty darn good out there. Not as good as in his prime, but still in the top 3rd of NFL QB's. If he gets some help from the other guys on the O, and on the D, i still think he can lead this team to the playoffs. But he can't do it alone! He never could! Back in the mid 1990's he had an awesome D that kept us in many games. Hopefully this year will be like back then.
My biggest worry right now has been NO running game. That HAS to improve for the Pack to win games this year.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:

Most intelligent thing I've heard on this forum this month. Thanks Heather!

Favre looked fine today, which of course was no surprise. We'll be fine in '07. the only question now is will Favre come back next year? I hope so.

I can't wait for this season to start! :bang: :bang:

Thanks Zombie!!! I had to put in my two cents worth on this one. :lol:

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A-Rod has his chances. It's called training camp and Preseason. The Packers will put out the best team they can. If A-Rod is better than Brett, he would have beat him out in T/C. He didn't, and he's still the number 2 QB on the team. I do believe that A-Rod looked great this preseason and has definitley improved, but I also saw last night Brett drive for a touch down, and A-Rod struggle. I've also seen Brett 250 times start a game, whereas I've seen A-Rod come in for one game and end with the season ending injury. At least we do not have to go to Culpepper.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A-Rod has his chances. It's called training camp and Preseason. The Packers will put out the best team they can. If A-Rod is better than Brett, he would have beat him out in T/C. He didn't, and he's still the number 2 QB on the team.

You believe this?

You believe if someone outplayed Favre in T\C and Preseason, THEY would be the starting QB?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A-Rod has his chances. It's called training camp and Preseason. The Packers will put out the best team they can. If A-Rod is better than Brett, he would have beat him out in T/C. He didn't, and he's still the number 2 QB on the team. I do believe that A-Rod looked great this preseason and has definitley improved, but I also saw last night Brett drive for a touch down, and A-Rod struggle. I've also seen Brett 250 times start a game, whereas I've seen A-Rod come in for one game and end with the season ending injury. At least we do not have to go to Culpepper.

im a huge favre fan...but

i dont care if the ghost of Joe Montana came into camp and was perfect on every throw....

no one is gonna unseat Favre as the starting QB in green bay... definetly not a guy most people pre judged as a bust like rodgers.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
A-Rod has his chances. It's called training camp and Preseason. The Packers will put out the best team they can. If A-Rod is better than Brett, he would have beat him out in T/C. He didn't, and he's still the number 2 QB on the team.

You believe this?

You believe if someone outplayed Favre in T\C and Preseason, THEY would be the starting QB?

So what are you saying that Aaron Rodgers outplayed Favre in T/C and preseason but that McCarthy doesn't have the balls to start him?

If you are, that's hilarious.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
calicheesehead said:

You believe this?

So what are you saying that Aaron Rodgers outplayed Favre in T/C and preseason but that McCarthy doesn't have the balls to start him?

If you are, that's hilarious.

Sigh. Hi, pack66.

Members online

Latest posts