1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

It is going to happen.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Raider Pride, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Tileman

Tileman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yes, a very good post, and your right I believe it will happen this year because I believe the defense will have the Packers in every game this year, and Brett will have himself under pressure to move the chains.

However, I don't believe the crowd at Lambeau will be chanting for Rodgers, I just don't think that will happen.

But it rarely ends good for heroes at their franchise that made them famous, sure there are a couple of exceptions, but way more often then not it ends badly.

2. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    You're not hoping for that, are you?

I mean, it could end like it did for Elway.

Or don't you believe that is possible?

3. Tileman

Tileman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well if that's the way it goes down which is purely hypothetical, but I would absolutely want Rodgers to be put in, I'm a Packer fan, I want them to win no matter what it takes.

And no, I don't believe there's a chance in hell of it ending the way it did for Elway. I would love it if it happened as I'm sure all Packer fans would, but I don't believe it's possible.

4. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know what all this end stuff is you guys are talking about. I believe Favre will stop playing when he feels he cant contribute to the game anymore. I think he will hang in there with the best QB's in the league. I agree he may not be as mobile as he once was, but he still can play a good game.

We will have to see what the football season brings, but I sure hope I am right. But I will be the first to opologize if I am wrong to. I just dont see it happening. Also Brett is good under pressure.

Lets just have a great year of football....GO PACK!!!

5. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I guess you're not a big believer in Ted Thompson then, either?

Jeez, the pessimism on this site is bringing me down lately.

And I'm an up kind of guy! :D

GoPackGo.

6. Tileman

Tileman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Good under pressure? What would give you that idea, he's had his biggest train wrecks under pressure.

I'm not going to argue if Brett still has it or not, this year will tell the story. Brett under pressure play has been his worst, his QB rating when they're behind is at it's worst. And he's had 1 come from behind 4th Qtr drive to win the game in 4 or 5 years, {I'd have to look it up}.

But no, his playing without pressure with the lead is by far his best play, and his recent playoff performances under pressure have been pretty bad also.

7. Tileman

Tileman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a huge TT fan, just think the teams a year away.

8. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Favre's contract is up in 2010.

9. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Looks like you've already passed judgement on Favre pretty well for a guy who is not going to argue if he "has it or not".

I think we know your opinion. And it's pretty biased and not grounded in fact, imo.

I guess TT's not rebuilding either in your view and Favre hasn't had to play with a rookie o-line, rookie WR's, and no running game either?

Perspective's an interesting thing, if you use it.

10. Tileman

Tileman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    OK smart guy, do you want me to post his ratings for the post season? And why don't you tell me why he's good under pressure? I wasn't talking about last year, but go ahead and use whatever excuses you want. Let me hear why he's good under pressure. I can't wait.

11. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    Farves great with the 2 minute drill, thats pressure. Playing with a bunch of rookies: Thats pressure. Playing hurt (with most QB's sitting out when they are hurt): Thats pressure. When he makes some throws notice I said some cause no QB is perfect and the rookie reciever doesnt run the route he is suppose to. Thats pressure. Playing a game the day of his father passing away. Thats big time pressure and then playing the best he could play. Giving up family time to play football. Thats pressure on him.

When Favre plays he gives it his all, and gives Packer fans all over the country an excitement that no other QB can do.

The pressure of winning games with the youngest team in the league is pressure.

Favre isnt perfect, but again no other QB is perfect either. But I do believe if we had somemore veterins on the team we would be going to the superbowl.

Favre is a hall of fame QB and has proven it time and time again over the years. I hope Brett has the best year this year then you will eat your words. It takes a whole team to play and make plays not just Brett Favre. He does what is asked of him.

12. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    How many times has Favre had to bring the Packers back from a deficit to win a game?

Answer: Many, many times.

That's why I consider him almost single handedly responsible for Sherman's career in GB. Sherman fielded such poor defenses it was up to Favre to bring the team back time and again.

As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for Favre, the Packers wouldn't have made many playoff appearances in those years, if any.

Just think what he could have done with a little bit better team around him.

Your bias is hard coded in your signature my friend. You've been exposed for what you are.

Yeah but according to your logic of Blame Favre first and only Favre for everything, Favre the future hall of famer sucked all those years.

Right. :roll:

I can't wait to see what kind of lame statistics you are going to post next that don't say or prove anything.

"Football is not a game of statistics, only in fantasyland. "

13. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Seems to me that Tile isn't the only one living in fantasyland.

"Football is not a game of satistics, only 'what ifs' and 'imagine if Favre had talent around him'"

:roll:

14. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, I guess it's all on the QB.

No QB needs the excuse of talent or a good team around him, right?

Not Peyton Manning, or Tom Brady, or Drew Brees, or Montana, Elway, Rivers, etc. etc. etc. :roll:

15. Tileman

Tileman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not going to bother posting any stats, there's no point in having a discussion with a homer living in the past. Maybe someday you'll take your Favre glasses off and realize it's been 10 years since his last MVP. You want to live in the past, feel free.

16. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    I would agree with you if favre made alot of mistakes, he still can play and play well. Again we have the youngest team in the NFL right now you cannot put blame on just one guy, hes not superman and he cannot get the job done by himself. Yes he has made some bad throws just like all other QB's in the league they all do it. With winning the MVP, you have to have a great team behind you, it again doesnt just ride on the QB. A QB will not have a good year without a good team.

I dont feel I am living in the past at all, I would be the first to say if Favre wasnt playing well that it should be his last season. But I think Farve himself will let himself know when that time is up. when he can no longer contribute to the game he will retire, but as long as he can still play well he will play and why not? It will be a sad day for all Packer fans when he does retire and we know that time is coming. But for right now let him play and again I hope he proves you wrong.

17. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Most intelligent thing I've heard on this forum this month. Thanks Heather!

Favre looked fine today, which of course was no surprise. We'll be fine in '07. the only question now is will Favre come back next year? I hope so.

I can't wait for this season to start! :bang: :bang:

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You should keep posting as you have, as it was a good question in my view.
    When you post something like that though, you have to expect ALL kinds of answers. And you KNOW that there are some that name call and other such nonsense. You shouldn't let it bother you so much.

Now, i think that the situation you posted won't happen.....this year at least. What I saw of Favre in the preseason, he still looked pretty darn good out there. Not as good as in his prime, but still in the top 3rd of NFL QB's. If he gets some help from the other guys on the O, and on the D, i still think he can lead this team to the playoffs. But he can't do it alone! He never could! Back in the mid 1990's he had an awesome D that kept us in many games. Hopefully this year will be like back then.
    My biggest worry right now has been NO running game. That HAS to improve for the Pack to win games this year.

19. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Zombie!!! I had to put in my two cents worth on this one. :lol:

20. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A-Rod has his chances. It's called training camp and Preseason. The Packers will put out the best team they can. If A-Rod is better than Brett, he would have beat him out in T/C. He didn't, and he's still the number 2 QB on the team. I do believe that A-Rod looked great this preseason and has definitley improved, but I also saw last night Brett drive for a touch down, and A-Rod struggle. I've also seen Brett 250 times start a game, whereas I've seen A-Rod come in for one game and end with the season ending injury. At least we do not have to go to Culpepper.

21. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You believe this?

You believe if someone outplayed Favre in T\C and Preseason, THEY would be the starting QB?

22. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

im a huge favre fan...but

i dont care if the ghost of Joe Montana came into camp and was perfect on every throw....

no one is gonna unseat Favre as the starting QB in green bay... definetly not a guy most people pre judged as a bust like rodgers.

23. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    So what are you saying that Aaron Rodgers outplayed Favre in T/C and preseason but that McCarthy doesn't have the balls to start him?

If you are, that's hilarious.

24. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sigh. Hi, pack66.

25. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    ???

Hello yourself, DePyle.