It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

TEXPAC2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who says #12 was “all in” should be willing to agree that he could return a phone call if it truly happened?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Because there is zero bidding war going on currently, the Jets know we aren't going to carry Aaron Rodgers as our backup QB onto the roster with a massive cap hit, and as you said, if we're really being ridiculous, the Jets can always kick the tires on Lamar if they figure they're going to have to give up a lot of draft capital anyway.

We don't have the Jets by the balls. They don't have us by the balls. No one benefits if this drags on forever. Something will get done soon, it will be reasonable, and probably disappointing to many.
Right now, the Packers have the leverage. They can ask for a first round pick (13th overall pick this year perhaps) and if the Jets say no, then they can wait for a better offer. They’re not the ones desperate to make a deal. New York has already told Rodgers that they want him there, and Rodgers wants to be there. Now the Jets have to make an offer the Packers like, but it didn’t have to be this way. They went to Rodgers first, without having any compensation beforehand, and now have booked themselves into a corner.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Personally, my opinion was when Rodgers started learning from various sources (players and such) than the team was moving on and not resigning....folks like Tonyan, Lazard, perhaps Crosby or even big dog...he felt his time was over.

In my opinion Gutekunst should have been the one to tell Rodgers that the team plans to move on. He shouldn't have had to learn from various other sources.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion Gutekunst should have been the one to tell Rodgers that the team plans to move on. He shouldn't have had to learn from various other sources.
It sounds like he tried too but AR did not call him back. He had his people call him back. Each of us has to make our own decision on which side to believe in phone call gate. I am currently leaning to Gute's side.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, the Packers have the leverage. They can ask for a first round pick (13th overall pick this year perhaps) and if the Jets say no, then they can wait for a better offer. They’re not the ones desperate to make a deal. New York has already told Rodgers that they want him there, and Rodgers wants to be there. Now the Jets have to make an offer the Packers like, but it didn’t have to be this way. They went to Rodgers first, without having any compensation beforehand, and now have booked themselves into a corner.

It's been pretty well established at this point that the Packers are not getting pick #13 under any circumstances.

Based on the reports I've seen, I would suspect the compensation was already agreed to before the Jets talked to AR. But when Rodgers went on the Pat McAfee show (which was after he met with the Jets) and said he was 90% certain he would retire before his darkness retreat*, the Jets freaked out and told the Packers they wanted "buyback" protection if AR didn't play in 2024.

If this is true, I personally think the Jets should honor the agreement they had with the Packers before, or they should just move on and leave AR with the Packers.

*I think AR saying he was 90% certain he was going to retire is 100% B.S. There's no way he was ever going to walk away from a guaranteed $59 million.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
*I think AR saying he was 90% certain he was going to retire is 100% B.S. There's no way he was ever going to walk away from a guaranteed $59 million.
And he wasn’t going to retire the same year as Brady and have his hall of fame moment overshadowed by the GOAT.

Reaction score
It seems that Rodgers didn’t formally lie again. Yet he did omit the truth when he had every opportunity to do it. Worse yet he played victim again and this has been a pattern with him. He’s like the story of the Boy who Cries Wolf. First 2 times Shame on him. This time shame on us

If I’m a reporter I’m very deliberate in asking him a 3 part question. I’d offer that there are rumors circling that Brian Gutenkunst is making this up and we just simply want the truth is all.

1a. Did the Packers reached out to him multiple times without any answer from him?
1b.Also if it’s true that he forced the Packers to contact his agent to simply discuss his options?
1c.Did he feel he’s honored his word in saying HE would get with the Packers in a timely fashion?

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems that Rodgers didn’t formally lie again. Yet he did omit the truth when he had every opportunity to do it. Worse yet he played victim again and this has been a pattern with him. He’s like the story of the Boy who Cries Wolf. First 2 times Shame on him. This time shame on us

If I’m a reporter I’m very deliberate in asking him a 3 part question. I’d offer that there are rumors circling that Brian Gutenkunst is making this up and we just simply want the truth is all.

1a. Did the Packers reached out to him multiple times without any answer from him?
1b.Also if it’s true that he forced the Packers to contact his agent to simply discuss his options?
1c.Did he feel he’s honored his word in saying HE would get with the Packers in a timely fashion?
he was immunized!!

lol

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey you, I paid out good money to watch that crap....I was robbed
You and every season ticket holder at lambeau field this last season my good man. lol I have been to 6 games..all W's. Detroit sanders era, Denver, Ravens, at TB more pack fans than tampa big sombrero last year, 49ers, and Carolina 3 years ago in the snow. My fave was ofcourse the Detroit game watching Barry and Reggie duel. Still waiting for my refund. Also did you have that asbestos removed from your man cave yet? lol

D

Deleted member 6794

It sounds like he tried too but AR did not call him back. He had his people call him back. Each of us has to make our own decision on which side to believe in phone call gate. I am currently leaning to Gute's side.

As I have mentioned before I honestly don't believe either of them is telling the whole truth.

Hey you, I paid out good money to watch that crap....I was robbed

I'm hoping you're talking about the Packers robbing you and not about the guy who sold you the ticket :roflmao:

Based on the reports I've seen, I would suspect the compensation was already agreed to before the Jets talked to AR. But when Rodgers went on the Pat McAfee show (which was after he met with the Jets) and said he was 90% certain he would retire before his darkness retreat*, the Jets freaked out and told the Packers they wanted "buyback" protection if AR didn't play in 2024.

I highly doubt there's any truth to that. The Jets were aware that Rodgers might end up playing only a single season if they trade for him. Therefore I fully expect conditional picks on if he plays in 2024 to be part of the deal once it's finalized.

And he wasn’t going to retire the same year as Brady and have his hall of fame moment overshadowed by the GOAT.

I don't think there's any truth to that either.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

As I have mentioned before I honestly don't believe either of them is telling the whole truth.

I'm hoping you're talking about the Packers robbing you and not about the guy who sold you the ticket :roflmao:

I highly doubt there's any truth to that. The Jets were aware that Rodgers might end up playing only a single season if they trade for him. Therefore I fully expect conditional picks on if he plays in 2024 to be part of the deal once it's finalized.

I don't think there's any truth to that either.
Definately not the guy who sold them bud, he robbed himself they were so cheap. ;)

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might be in the minority but I don't give a flying (bleep) about the extent to which AR and Gutey did, or did not, communicate this offseason. It matters not one bit. All I care about at this time is where AR is playing in 2023 and what compensation the Packers are getting if he's not playing for them.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Albert Breer says that the trade will “certainly” be completed prior to the draft. And could happen as soon as this week.

Like I said before. Neither team has any leverage. It’s two teams knowing that they have to get a deal done.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm feeling like both of their 2nd rounders would make me happy. And, (unless one of the stud OL tackles is there), trading down the 15th for one of the pass catching TEs and another pick.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didnt call me back...I was in the dark...we r not giving up a 1st rd pick for a 4 time MVP who waffles more than the waffle house. hmmm.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theyd give up a first if they thought they had to...they just dont think they have to. Hes definitely worth that even for just one season. Majority of first round picks will never even have one Aaron Rodgers level season

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their owner says whatever it takes. The only thing hold you back is a big time quarterback. Here's what it costs. No? Then I guess you don't want him that bad we're moving on

Members online

Latest posts