It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if he showed up for otas worked out and tore his achilles..done for season. Then people would be saying he didn't need to be there..why would he show up for voluntary workouts. Ted failed to replenish the defense after the superbowl. Gutey didn't give him enough playmaker on offense. It's not like Rodgers wasn't all in.

I’ve never once thought when injuries happen in OTAs that thought for any player. That’s a definitive take which just isn’t true.

Reaction score
Let me preface by saying I believe AR missing OTAs had very little if anything to do with how the season unfolded. With that said I believe living up to the obligations of your contract means you are in. Doing extra, going above and beyond is all in. IMO.
That’s where I’m at. Years ago there was a saying that doing your 40 (workweek hours) is just meeting expectations, but anything beyond your 40 hours is building for your future. Your take here is a version of that, in an NFL kind of way.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s where I’m at. Years ago there was a saying that doing your 40 (workweek hours) is just meeting expectations, but anything beyond your 40 hours is building for your future. Your take here is a version of that, in an NFL kind of way.

An Antiquated Attitude...because it is greatly skewed in favor of the employer.

The you better be glad you have a job mantra of yesteryear rather than the you better be glad I choose to work here mantra of the future

Reaction score
An Antiquated Attitude...because it is greatly skewed in favor of the employer.

The you better be glad you have a job mantra of yesteryear rather than the you better be glad I choose to work here mantra of the future
While the dynamic has definitely changed over the years. The lazy ones that take your approach will have the hardest time in advancement today. Every last guy I can think of that was young and very successful works their butts off today. It’s rare that someone is lazy and does minimal work and gets repeatedly promoted. For every one you can find I’ll give you 5 that work like beavers to get ahead.

Last edited:

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can someone educate me on the cap hit difference between the Packers trading AR after June 1st and the Packers releasing AR after June 1st? Aside from losing the players/picks they would get in a trade, are they punished cap-wise if they simply released AR after June 1st?

Reaction score
Can someone educate me on the cap hit difference between the Packers trading AR after June 1st and the Packers releasing AR after June 1st? Aside from losing the players/picks they would get in a trade, are they punished cap-wise if they simply released AR after June 1st?
Scroll down a little and click on “Dead Money and Cap Savings
Click over “date”

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if he showed up for otas worked out and tore his achilles..done for season. Then people would be saying he didn't need to be there..why would he show up for voluntary workouts. Ted failed to replenish the defense after the superbowl. Gutey didn't give him enough playmaker on offense. It's not like Rodgers wasn't all in.
Boy you’re really reaching there aren’t ya pal?

D

Deleted member 6794

It does make a difference to the Packers. As a post June 1st trade allows them to spread the dead cap over 2 seasons instead of taking it all in 2023.

My bad, I worded that poorly. I was trying to point out that the cap hit doesn't change as long as Rodgers is on the roster and the Packers don't have to pay him another cent until week 1.

If the Packers trade Rodgers after June 1 the move will result in $15.8 million of dead money counting against the cap in 2023. If they release him at that point they would take a cap hit of $75.3 million in 2023. There's no chance of that happening.

Both moves would result in $24.5 million of dead money counting against the cap in 2024.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The lazy ones that take your approach will have the hardest time in advancement today. Every last guy I can think of that was young and very successful works their butts off today.

Its not lazy to do only what you are paid to...by that logic how does the employer go "all in" for the employees. Or is it a one way street?

Also for me personally using this approach has led me to the top of my little work sphere. Are there people that resent my "im trading my time for money attitude," of course. But guess what most everyone wants to get paid more and I genuinely want everyone to get paid more for their time and I do what I can to ensure that

Im not a huge Mark Cuban fan but Im gonna quote him because you said people dont get rich young without hard work. And I agree, you absolutely have to work hard at what you choose to do. But I think youre missing my point.

Dude said...." I would rather work 80 hours a week to make 50k and work for myself than have a 500k job working for somebody else"

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tbh

I'm tired of what US fans think is all in. We have no clue what the team thinks is all in. We have an opinion on what WE THINK is all in. But we sure has hell have no effing.clue

Lets stop pretending we know
Yeah, lets all stop with our opinions. If you do not know something as an absolute fact do not post it.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy you’re really reaching there aren’t ya pal?
Not really..all one has to do is look at Bakhtiaris knee injury. Simply a normal move..everyday practice..blows out knee. Out for almost 2 seasons. People would freak out if that happened to Rodgers..then blame the coaches for "requesting" him to be there for what essentially is playing catch with the wrs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, lets all stop with our opinions. If you do not know something as an absolute fact do not post it.
Read it again before being a smart a@@

this was the comment

It's not like Rodgers wasn't all in.
How does he know what the team wanted as all in?

or what Rodgers considered all in?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not really..all one has to do is look at Bakhtiaris knee injury. Simply a normal move..everyday practice..blows out knee. Out for almost 2 seasons. People would freak out if that happened to Rodgers..then blame the coaches for "requesting" him to be there for what essentially is playing catch with the wrs.
It’s called practice..not a gamez Not a game..practice

so now no one should practice?

Reaction score
This would have quite an effect on team morale especially Love's.
I still don’t think the Packers will let this trade fall through as long as NY is reasonable. The only way we’d walk away completely is if we don’t get at minimum ONE 2nd Rounder this season or comparable value.

I’m not saying to make that deal or that’s the final value, but I’m pretty sure that’s the floor value area to make us just withdraw any offer.

IF the Jets walk Aaron Rodgers over that little? I’d lose some respect for their staff because that’s peanuts for a starting QB. I can’t speak for Aaron but if NY walked over a 3rd Rounder vs a 2nd or whatever?
he should be very concerned that NY doesn’t respect his ability.
My guess is think the 2nd is already in play and has been and GB is wanting a 1st plus a little more down the pike

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The song "ding **** the witch is dead" keeps going through my mind. I have never had anything against the Jets but I hope they don`t win a damn thing in the near future until he retires completely. I thought I hated Favre but Rodgers is on a completely different level.
This all couldve been avoided by not being forced to play in England.:sneaky:

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it possible-maybe but I think it unlikely because for one the Jets are desperate and for two I truly believe that Murphy and Gute have planned for this to go the way it's going. Designating AR to be a post-June 1 trade is what I think they want deep down-I doubt that they want to trade him before the '23 draft.

Think about it-in the debate over who has "leverage" between GB and NY, if the Jets have more leverage it would be between now and the '23 draft in terms of the draft compensation tug-o-war. But once the '23 draft is done if Rodgers is still technically a Packer then now the hourglass shifts and GB would clearly have the leverage because if everything goes to crap GB can simply pay 12 to sit in Malibu and play his guitar while reading philosophical fiction novels while the NYJ fanbase would be frothing at the mouth clamoring why the All-World QB that announced publicly he plans to play with them isn't a part of the team.

The front office won't have any egg on their faces due to the trade because tbh I expect them to get respectable compensation later this spring for Rodgers. Their judgment day comes once the '23 season ensues and is based on Jordan Love's performance as the starting QB.

The harsh reality is 10 will not have the luxury of being mediocre Year 1 and it being acceptable; the NFL is a different league now than what it was in 2008... It's much easier for a young QB to be able to make plays/be effective and move an offense consistently nowadays. Mahomes had basically 15 games as an understudy to Alex Smith;Love has had 3 full seasons behind A-Rod. If Jordan doesn't show consistent flashes of being a bonafide franchise QB-or IMO be a current Dak Prescott-level playmaker out of the gate-Clemons MLF Gute and Murphy not only will have egg on their face but a boot in their keisters because the whole lot of them may be fired. Moving on from Rodgers when it's possible he could all of a sudden have a change of heart and want to play 3-5 more seasons with a different organization that may be willing to do the things GB wouldn't do to compete at the highest level while handing the keys of the franchise over to an imposter will have dire consequences for everyone associated with the Packers, especially the front office.
He will still choke.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Some direct contradictions as Gute speaks to it. Either both are lying or both are only telling the truths which fit their narrative OR both are doing both of those things.

Neither side is innocent clearly.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Some direct contradictions as Gute speaks to it. Either both are lying or both are only telling the truths which fit their narrative OR both are doing both of those things.

Neither side is innocent clearly.

In my opinion it's pretty obvious that both sides aren't telling the whole truth. Most likely we will never find out what actually happened. It's sad they weren't able to work it out in a different way.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
In my opinion it's pretty obvious that both sides aren't telling the whole truth. Most likely we will never find out what actually happened. It's sad they weren't able to work it out in a different way.
I agree.

And I also think that he’s sort of trying to play both sides based on his comments. This is Gute (slightly paraphrasing):

“At the end of every season you reach a point where you realize what type of football team you want to be moving forward. I was looking forward to speaking with Aaron to see how he would fit into that, but those conversations never transpired.”

What does “how he would fit into that” mean? Either he’s the starting quarterback, or he’s not. It’s definitely a messaging change from the past two seasons in which the Packers said “he’s our quarterback”.

Not demonizing him for it. But if you wanna move on, just say it.

I get that part of his job is PR and being able to spin narratives, but I definitely think there’s some exaggerations on both sides.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.

And I also think that he’s sort of trying to play both sides based on his comments. This is Gute (slightly paraphrasing):

“At the end of every season you reach a point where you realize what type of football team you want to be moving forward. I was looking forward to speaking with Aaron to see how he would fit into that, but those conversations never transpired.”

What does “how he would fit into that” mean? Either he’s the starting quarterback, or he’s not. It’s definitely a messaging change from the past two seasons in which the Packers said “he’s our quarterback”.

Not demonizing him for it. But if you wanna move on, just say it.

I get that part of his job is PR and being able to spin narratives, but I definitely think there’s some exaggerations on both sides.

Truthfully, I think Aaron hinted at it when discussing on Pat how some other players weigh into how he feels about things. I think Gute and Co in their numerous attempts wanted to lay out how they saw their offseason handlings of expiring contracts and who would get offers and who wouldn't and see if Rodgers was wanting to be part of that or not...but it appears at least Gute claims both Rodgers and then his representation failed to respond to any talks beyond the immediate days after season ended.

Personally, my opinion was when Rodgers started learning from various sources (players and such) than the team was moving on and not resigning....folks like Tonyan, Lazard, perhaps Crosby or even big dog...he felt his time was over.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Truthfully, I think Aaron hinted at it when discussing on Pat how some other players weigh into how he feels about things. I think Gute and Co in their numerous attempts wanted to lay out how they saw their offseason handlings of expiring contracts and who would get offers and who wouldn't and see if Rodgers was wanting to be part of that or not...but it appears at least Gute claims both Rodgers and then his representation failed to respond to any talks beyond the immediate days after season ended.

Personally, my opinion was when Rodgers started learning from various sources (players and such) than the team was moving on and not resigning....folks like Tonyan, Lazard, perhaps Crosby or even big dog...he felt his time was over.
This is very plausible.

Members online

Latest posts