It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Rodgers isn’t wired to admit he was wrong about anything, and he’s smart enough to fashion countless arguments that externalize blame. It’s never his fault, and anyone who would suggest otherwise is (in his view) either trying to “disparage” him or is being “completely ridiculous.” - Mike Florio

Most telling part of the article is AR asked about not attending OTAs with the Packers. He responds that he won the MVP. As if that is all that mattered and winning a Lombardi wasn't important.
He feels HE doesn’t need ota, which I agree

but HE needs ota for new people .

but jfc

can we get off his balls already.. he is gone . maybe we should lock every thread tht starts to discuss him

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Pretty sure Rodgers keeps a Mortal Enemies list ala Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang Theory. The chip on his shoulder is heavy and his dog house seemingly eternal. (If you are a 'You don't know him!' type of poster, save the typing.. you aren't going to sway me)
I actually agree with that. He never forgave the 49ers for not drafting him. Said in the offseason he would not go to San Fran. 18 years and still holding a grudge.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Russell Wilson throw a hail mary on a 2 point conversion once.
much of the defense just watched it too, floating and flailing helplessly thru the air. Some how dumfounded and amazed at the same time, until it landed in the waiting arms of a seahawk when they were quickly jolted back to reality

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually agree with that. He never forgave the 49ers for not drafting him. Said in the offseason he would not go to San Fran. 18 years and still holding a grudge.
That's part of the whole, blessing and a curse thing. hard to let stuff go when you remember pretty much everything. Helps when facing NFL defenses though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It really is amazing just how similar of paths these 2 guys took, especially considering how polar opposite their personalities are. I would call Favre a "hay seed, aww shucks" kind of guy. Rodgers is very much an "intelligent, well spoken, cognitive" kind of guy.
Both completely failed at adjusting to and properly handling their fame and fortune. They aren't the first ones that had this problem though and they certainly won't be the last either.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I specifically said receiver though, not pass catcher. The role of each player group is different and what they do to the offense is different.

Re: Watkins, you’re right. The rookies were better. He was routinely ******** up routes.

The context here is “the offense was simplified because we had new players to the scheme.”

The difference between Kansas City is they still had scary pass catchers of any kind. They could punish you if you over-sold on something. And the new players for KC were role players, even if they played their roles well (looking at you MVS).

The Packers did not have a scary/dynamic receiver until Watson returned from injury.
And the Chiefs had a coach named Andy Reid. Why is it no fun to go against him?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Saw this for sale on FB, kind of cool, kind of creepy. Something for Rodgers to look forward to, standing in a Packers mancave for eternity.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't need Bart Starr in my house looking like he is disapproving of everything I do and casting judgment

"Do you really need another twinkie?" Bart Starr statue does not approve.
"That show is R rated" Bart Starr statue does not approve.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't need Bart Starr in my house looking like he is disapproving of everything I do and casting judgment

"Do you really need another twinkie?" Bart Starr statue does not approve.
"That show is R rated" Bart Starr statue does not approve.
Just don't put him in the bedroom, he might do some heavy critiquing!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Saw this for sale on FB, kind of cool, kind of creepy. Something for Rodgers to look forward to, standing in a Packers mancave for eternity.

LMAO ... yeah, Mrs. Weeds would have "Bart" out in the garage ... FAST. Reminds me of the life-size cutout of Ron Swanson that my son's co-workers put up in his office on his birthday. He brought it home, put it in his home office, and his dog (Henry James Moody III is one powerful, and sweet, animal) kept going after it - just barked at it non-stop after he got used to it. Ended up in the basement.

This killed me...and I appreciate it: "I don't need Bart Starr in my house looking like he is disapproving of everything I do and casting judgment". Major props to Firethorn for giving me a good chuckle.

Now, as for the thread topic. I was out in the garden/lawn yesterday (which is where you'll find me well into freekin' November) and bent my thumb, on my dominant hand, backward laying some oversized paving bricks.

I did all of the required cursing, ensuring that I'll be spending a few extra eternities in purgatory for taking the Lord's name in vain and piecing words that had never been strung together previously. I'm a reformed bar manager, farm boy, assembly line and foundry worker --- so, I KNOW how it's done.

This morning, that thumb, between the first and second knuckle is immovable. It is going to get me out of a lot of outdoor work for a while. Walking out of KwikTrip this morning with a 24 oz. cup of coffee, I couldn't exert enough gripping power to hold even that...much less a regulation NFL football ... much less throwing the damned thing.

Point is, bash on Aaron Rodgers the man with human frailties and innate weirdness and all the crap-stain stuff that seems to have encircled his personal life ... all you like, he's in the public domain and is fair game.

Bashing on #12 the football player is ludicrous and kinda makes the "basher" look as dumb as a bagged, steaming pile of dog crap (but, I'm sure their family loves them anyway).

I have no way of seeing into the future and won't even venture a guess on Love and his potential. I didn't see Rodgers' potential until the full body of 2008's work was in. My son (who owns a fantastic dog) jumped on the Rodgers bandwagon before his first meaningful snap and predicted a Hall of Fame career. At the start of Favre's career, even after he's running from rushers 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage, I'm telling guys who kept invoking Bart's memory, to give the kid a freekin' chance ... "...there's something there ... let him just play ball for gawd's sake."

Understanding that fan forums are built for this speculation and discussion, most times I'm just poo-poo'ing most of it -- I just want to reiterate my usual June-July-August mantra ... I HATE THE OFF SEASON!!

Reaction score
TIC. This stands for tongue in cheek and I will try to use it from now on for the parts of my posts where I am not being serious, or I am innocently teasing another (other) poster(s).
That’s a great idea. It completely changes the spirit behind the post imo

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is funny that I post numbers on a Pro Bowl TE like Kelce and Mahomes rushing numbers and someone equated that to bashing Rodgers. Kelce's numbers were independent of Mahomes rushing abilities. I was merely stating that the Chiefs may have had equal numbers for their WR's as the Packers did, but their TE was far superior. Throw in a QB like Mahomes that can get it done through the air and with his feet and you have a much more dynamic offense.

Really incredible how sensitive some have become when it comes to Rodgers, always feeling like they have to defend him. Kelce would have been an excellent TE for Rodgers to have, but it wouldn't have changed Rodgers rushing numbers.
Their TE was superior not only to ours but most of the teams in the league. And Andy Reid knows how to use him. He would have loved to have had a Kelce when he was in Philly.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

UYY...I'm a huge nostalgia fan, but that thing is straight up creepy...cast it in bronze and send it to 1265.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Would have, could have, should have. I've heard rumors about the general trade but never the actual trade pieces. Too bad Gute didn't have a crystal ball.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too bad Gute didn't have a crystal ball.
Appears that he did, but Denver pulled the plug & pivoted to Wilson. Had it happened both franchises would've "won" the deal, as Hackett's short-comings as HC would've been masked by the Broncos winning a few more early games (Raiders, Jets). Wow, what could've been... Gute might have used the '22 #9 pick on Wilson or Olave & the WR room would've been decently stocked (Jeudy, Wilson/Olave, Lazard). Other #9 possibilities: OT Cross or DT Jordan Davis.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Appears that he did, but Denver pulled the plug & pivoted to Wilson. Had it happened both franchises would've "won" the deal, as Hackett's short-comings as HC would've been masked by the Broncos winning a few more early games (Raiders, Jets). Wow, what could've been... Gute might have used the '22 #9 pick on Wilson or Olave & the WR room would've been decently stocked (Jeudy, Wilson/Olave, Lazard). Other #9 possibilities: OT Cross or DT Jordan Davis.
I got the impression that it was Gute and the Packers that decided against the deal.

Green Bay opted to run it back for one more season with Rodgers. The deal would have included three first-round picks, Drew Lock, and Jerry Jeudy. Denver pivoted to acquire Russell Wilson with a slightly lesser trade package.”

Whoever pulled the plug, I do think that had the Packers pursued it harder, a deal would have been done. As you said and I implied, the 2023 season and beyond would be looking a lot different had it happened.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is there anything in there that wasn't said when it didn't happen? I believe Lou Flavious as much as I did the other guys a couple years ago. Sure, maybe, it was a rumor, that much I know and that's about all I can glean from this article. 3 first round picks sure would have been nice

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts