It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

D

Deleted member 6794

I never said the D doesn’t contribute to a loss. However in 2015 postseason in particular, our Defense allowed 18 and 20 points in regulation play respectively. Imo the Packers Offense should be able to score at least 21 points in consecutive games. That last game should’ve never gotten to OT to begin with. The mere fact it took 2 Hail Marys to score 20 points in regulation speaks very loudly. That means we scored 13 points until the very last second. We pay Aaron Rodgers to put teams away come Postseason, if he can’t score 21 in regulation then there’s a problem.

2015 Playoffs were clearly a fault of a sputtering Offense.
Punt
Punt
FG
FG
4 possessions;6 Points

INT
TD
Punt
Punt
Downs
TD (Double Desperation Hail Mary)

2 points per Offensive possession isn’t going to take you very far unless you are the 1985 Bears Defense. You’ve got to Win on your serve (Offense) if your return game is solid.

Well, the offense scored 35 points against Washington in the Wild Card round, therefore they played well enough in that game. Once again, against Arizona here's the list of targets for that game:

Jared Abbrederis 12
Jeff Janis 11
Richard Rodgers 8
James Starks 4
James Jones 2
Eddie Lacy 2
John Kuhn 2
Randall Cobb 1

That isn't a group you should expect to get great production from. With that being said I agree the offense deserves most of the blame for that loss. But the defense didn't get the job done in overtime and therefore is partly responsible for the team losing the game as well.

Every team has injuries on Offense by the time of January ball

I agree that injuries are part of the game but I don't remember any team that was successful in the playoffs featuring such a sad group of pass catchers.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the offense scored 35 points against Washington in the Wild Card round, therefore they played well enough in that game. Once again, against Arizona here's the list of targets for that game:

Jared Abbrederis 12
Jeff Janis 11
Richard Rodgers 8
James Starks 4
James Jones 2
Eddie Lacy 2
John Kuhn 2
Randall Cobb 1

That isn't a group you should expect to get great production from. With that being said I agree the offense deserves most of the blame for that loss. But the defense didn't get the job done in overtime and therefore is partly responsible for the team losing the game as well.

I agree that injuries are part of the game but I don't remember any team that was successful in the playoffs featuring such a sad group of pass catchers.
That game is still on McCarthy imo. He had the chance to win that game in regulation with the best player on the field from 3 yards away from victory against an Arizona defense that was worn out and totally shell shocked and discombobulated. He gave up his advantage. Bad move imo.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jared Abbrederis 12
Jeff Janis 11
Richard Rodgers 8
James Starks 4
James Jones 2
Eddie Lacy 2
John Kuhn 2
Randall Cobb 1

I am pretty sure Cobb was injured early in that game and did not return.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah long pass he layed out for and I think punctured lung or bruised at least and he thinks it was from the mic pack they put under his pads. Very early in the game.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah long pass he layed out for and I think punctured lung or bruised at least and he thinks it was from the mic pack they put under his pads. Very early in the game.
Similarly, with the injuries to WR, no one left had the savvy to pull off their 2pt plays.

I believe McCarthy wanted to go for 2, realized that their best 2pt man (Cobb) was out and the currently available players probably couldn't do it. A little scared, maybe, but also a likely accurate assessment of the state of the offense.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Similarly, with the injuries to WR, no one left had the savvy to pull off their 2pt plays.

I believe McCarthy wanted to go for 2, realized that their best 2pt man (Cobb) was out and the currently available players probably couldn't do it. A little scared, maybe, but also a likely accurate assessment of the state of the offense.
Possibly, but the time was ripe for a Rodgers roll and short pitch option to TE or RB flared out with the WR's as 12 yard decoys.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That game is still on McCarthy imo. He had the chance to win that game in regulation with the best player on the field from 3 yards away from victory against an Arizona defense that was worn out and totally shell shocked and discombobulated. He gave up his advantage. Bad move imo.
I really think McCarthy would have called a simple run up the middle for a 2 yard loss, if he had gone for that 2-point conversion.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think McCarthy would have called a simple run up the middle for a 2 yard loss, if he had gone for that 2-point conversion.
IMO we all know that Rodgers would have audibled to a pass like he always does. TIC. This stands for tongue in cheek and I will try to use it from now on for the parts of my posts where I am not being serious, or I am innocently teasing another (other) poster(s).

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
2 more articles to fan the Aaron Rodgers flames with.

Yeah, I saw these. I think at some point those relationships always spoil. The stars on the field want to run the show. Gute drafted Love and it made Rodgers angry. It's pretty clear now that was the relationship deal breaker. Rodgers was never going to forgive Gute for that. I guess I just don't understand re-signing Rodgers to that contract. Even more confusing, was Rodgers signing the contract. A lot of ins and outs, but some of the truth is starting to come out. I just want to watch the games.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was never going to forgive Gute for that. I guess I just don't understand re-signing Rodgers to that contract. Even more confusing, was Rodgers signing the contract. A lot of ins and outs, but some of the truth is starting to come out. I just want to watch the games.

Pretty sure Rodgers keeps a Mortal Enemies list ala Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang Theory. The chip on his shoulder is heavy and his dog house seemingly eternal. (If you are a 'You don't know him!' type of poster, save the typing.. you aren't going to sway me)

Reaction score

Reminds me of my Lord saying take the log out of your own eye to see clearly to take the speck out of your brothers. He should take his own advice and worry less about others. Also I hear the lesson of the talents “to him who has been given much, much will be required”. This guy is thankless and he’s still taking jabs at our team today.
If it’s true (and I 100% believe it is) that Aaron Rodgers threatened that our GM be fired using coercion? He’s really a HOF JA. I already knew he was a JA but that’s just tripling down on historic levels of JA

On the flip side. If this really happened, Brian Gutenkunst has shown incredible constraint and foresight. Brian should get an award for getting Aaron traded.

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it’s true (and I 100% believe it is) that Aaron Rodgers threatened that our GM be fired using coercion? He’s really a HOF JA.
Rodgers has never had a problem saying that stories are fake news, so him not denying it and deferring to his agent means it's true.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Just like Farve

so effing stupid

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Reminds me of my Lord saying take the log out of your own eye to see clearly to take the speck out of your brothers. He should take his own advice and worry less about others. Also I hear the lesson of the talents “to him who has been given much, much will be required”. This guy is thankless and he’s still taking jabs at our team today.
If it’s true (and I 100% believe it is) that Aaron Rodgers threatened that our GM be fired using coercion? He’s really a HOF JA. I already knew he was a JA but that’s just tripling down on historic levels of JA

On the flip side. If this really happened, Brian Gutenkunst has shown incredible constraint and foresight. Brian should get an award for getting Aaron traded.
What about Mark? Mark didn’t fire Gute

D

Deleted member 6794

Cobb only played 15 snaps in the playoff game against the Cardinals before being injured.

we actually agree !:)

Not really as you mentioned that loss was solely on the offense.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just like Farve

so effing stupid

It really is amazing just how similar of paths these 2 guys took, especially considering how polar opposite their personalities are. I would call Favre a "hay seed, aww shucks" kind of guy. Rodgers is very much an "intelligent, well spoken, cognitive" kind of guy.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They still had their other top receiver James Jones, but sadly he did nothing in that game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It really is amazing just how similar of paths these 2 guys took, especially considering how polar opposite their personalities are. I would call Favre a "hay seed, aww shucks" kind of guy. Rodgers is very much an "intelligent, well spoken, cognitive" kind of guy.
Complicated fella

Reaction score
Not really as you mentioned that loss was solely on the offense.
We both know that Wins and Losses are a Team effort. You’re taking my post too literal. When I listed which phase cost us a Playoff Loss, I meant that imo that phase bore the greatest negative impact on that Loss. It wasn’t to infer that we can play without ST or a Defense

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers isn’t wired to admit he was wrong about anything, and he’s smart enough to fashion countless arguments that externalize blame. It’s never his fault, and anyone who would suggest otherwise is (in his view) either trying to “disparage” him or is being “completely ridiculous.” - Mike Florio

Most telling part of the article is AR asked about not attending OTAs with the Packers. He responds that he won the MVP. As if that is all that mattered and winning a Lombardi wasn't important.

Last edited: