1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is this wrong?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Sadie, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Sadie

Sadie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    New Year's Eve 2006 I am going to be watching the Packers/Bears like everybody else here but is it wrong that I wear a Samkon Gado jersey. I just recently purchased it because I loved how he played in his stay in Green Bay. I was puzzled as to why they let him go but nevertheless what is everyone else's opinion on having a Gado item.

That also brings up another interesting question. Do you stop wearing jerseys after that person has been traded? Converse!

2. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah don't wear those jerseys. Thats why I have 3. Green, KGB, And favre. I really want a jennings 1 tho :p

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't consider it wrong, you're supporting your team and you're supporting a player that any sport needs more of. If it was TO, then there might be some second guessing, but for Gado it's all good!

I'll still be wearing my BF (Brett Favre, not Boy Friend - arrow :wink: ) long after he retires.

4. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldnt see anything bad about wearing a Gado jersey. So long as you are not in public ;) But it bothers me to see at lambeau someone wearing a Sharper jersey, or a McKenzie jersey

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Depends on how they left.

I understand if a lot of folks have a J Walker jersey, and they better not wear it ever except on laundry day!

now if they left on good terms like Na'il Diggs or something, yeah, represent the kid!

6. Schmitty

Schmitty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats how I feel as well. I only have one jersey and its of my favorite Packer. If #56 leaves I will get a different one. Gado left on good terms so wear it with pride.

7. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah I don't see anything wrong with it. I've got a home Favre, and an awy Green and Hawk. I also sport Reggie White every now and then.

8. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's just a jersey. No right or wrong.

9. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Jerseys that should be outlawed (i think this is unanamous): Walker, McKenzie

Davenport, Gado, Rivera, Wahle, should all be acceptible

I have a ton of Packer Jerseys, e-bay is a great place to scour for old time packers jerseys...I have Hawk, Favre (bought new)...and old ones such as Antonio Freeman, Mark Chmura, Eugene Robinson, Gilbert, etc...whichever jerseys I wear on gameday is a gametime decision

10. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wear it. It's a Packer jersey and if it's the only one you got you have a good excuse to wear it. If you have other though then I'd go with one of the others.

11. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I have seen people that have embroidered in the years the player played between the name and number, I think that looks like crap.

Best Jersey I ever saw was an authentic looking Scott Norwood Bills Jersey. In the place where the Numbers would go, was replaced by simply two letters. W.R.

R.P.

12. dxbfan

dxbfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    For many years Packers fans have worn Reggie White jerseys even when he was playing for Carolina.

13. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I have a "Reggie" and still wear it with pride.

14. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heck, if you like it, wear it!

I still wear my Jan Stenerud jersey every once in a while. Get some weird looks from the youngsters, but who cares?!?!

15. Sadie

Sadie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Chock full of good insight, thank you.

16. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Why would it be bad protocol to wear that jersey?

What other people think about something you cherish isn't important, is it?

17. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    u shouldn't get looks for wearing the jersey of the greatest kicker of all time, and the only HOF Kicker!

(and a norwegian :D)

18. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Gado was the bright spot of the worst year since '91. Wear it with Pride. I'll always be grateful for what Gado brought to the team that one dark year.