Is the offence the problem?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are definitely, as many of us predicted, paying the price for not addressing ILB in the offseason.

Our only legitimate ILB is an OLB playing out of position. It needed an overhaul this year.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Nelson's ability to vertically stretch play is missing. Don't think we have anyone else to do that.
2) O-Line needs improvement. Chargers shown that they can beat the O-line and pressure Rodgers, impacting his play and forcing him to throw faster. Broncos just took it to next level.
3) D-Line. Hit or miss. All the good work of early season seems to be fading quick. Back to same as last season.
4) Injuries. Enough said.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how we've gone from having one of the top defenses (based on scoring which is the best metric) to having an awful one as said by some. Guys - we just played one of the best teams in the league, who much like ours, is very talented but wasn't playing up to its potential in terms of offense. Any day Peyton Manning could have risen up as he did last night. Having Calvin Johnson would be nice, but the only thing guaranteed is the cost and cap hit. Everything else is speculative. Just as Peyton had his day, Rodgers is going to do the same.

Book it.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes offense stinks and defense is overrated. We've always hung our hats on offense for the past 5 yrs and I think with Rodgers throwing for under 80 yds they will drop to about 30 in the league in passing. That's terrible with a qb if the skillset of Rodgers. Fire everyone !!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Yes offense stinks and defense is overrated. We've always hung our hats on offense for the past 5 yrs and I think with Rodgers throwing for under 80 yds they will drop to about 30 in the league in passing. That's terrible with a qb if the skillset of Rodgers. Fire everyone !!

How about TT and MM ??? they`ve had their day too IMHO. :whistling:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not terribly worried about the defense at this point, I think a lot of their shortcomings this year are due to the offense failing to stay on the field or getting up and making opposing offenses 1 dimensional. Our offense is what needs improvement more than the defense imo.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
New play caller? Pretty sure up till week 5...rodgers was being talked about as the MVP

now one horrible horrible game and the offense sucks?

Patriots last year had it happen vs KC.. last night was ours

If we do the same next week then panic..

What I do find funny is the ones very vocal in chat never really post in threads..

And some only come when pack look bad..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who called the plays or if Calvin or Dez or Vernon was there... Rodgers never had time..

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New play caller? Pretty sure up till week 5...rodgers was being talked about as the MVP

now one horrible horrible game and the offense sucks?

If we do the same next week then panic..

What I do find funny is the ones very vocal in chat never really post in threads..

And some only come when pack look bad..
Bingo.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554325

Pats lost to dolphins s 1st game of the year 33-20

Beat Minny, and barely beat Oakland. Then the KC game..

They were 2-2... Fans wanted Brady benched...Yeah that was the right call

Our defense was missing starting corners...our dl for what ever reason had no pass rush.. That was the biggest issue..

I do not expect to see it any more

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even the Lions arent going to trade a megastar to a division opponent.

We are 5-1 and we now have a QB who has a chip on his shoulder he deserves. I have alot of concerns about the offense but I think getting healthy and more time in the system for the WRs can really do wonders.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not terribly worried about the defense at this point, I think a lot of their shortcomings this year are due to the offense failing to stay on the field or getting up and making opposing offenses 1 dimensional. Our offense is what needs improvement more than the defense imo.

The Packers still have scored the most points in the first quarter and before the Denver game have led 80% of the time, which was the most in the league as well. The team not leading hasn't been a reason for the defensive shortcomings.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers still have scored the most points in the first quarter and before the Denver game have led 80% of the time, which was the most in the league as well. The team not leading hasn't been a reason for the defensive shortcomings.

Talking about the games the defense had shortcomings, because they've been good majority of the season. For instance vs Denver & SD, the time of possession was in the opponents favor for a combined 22 minutes. Which is pretty significant considering what seperates first and last in the nfl is 7 minutes. Our offense hasn't been helping too much, Scoring most in 1st quarter is cool, but were 31st in the second quarter, and 26th in the 4th quarter.

D

Deleted member 6794

Talking about the games the defense had shortcomings, because they've been good majority of the season. For instance vs Denver & SD, the time of possession was in the opponents favor for a combined 22 minutes. Which is pretty significant considering what seperates first and last in the nfl is 7 minutes. Our offense hasn't been helping too much, Scoring most in 1st quarter is cool, but were 31st in the second quarter, and 26th in the 4th quarter.

There's no denying the offense hasn't helped out the defense over the last few weeks. But before this week's loss at Denver the defense was mostly able to play with a lead.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no denying the offense hasn't helped out the defense over the last few weeks. But before this week's loss at Denver the defense was mostly able to play with a lead.

I know, maybe I'm greedy with how our offense has been the past few years. But I was wanting leads that make the opposition one dimensional. 1 or two score leads and the opponent can virtually run their offense as normal... It's really not the offenses fault probably, but it would definatley help if the d can pin their ears back a bit, create more turnovers and such. We've been in some dog fights this season.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even the Lions arent going to trade a megastar to a division opponent.

We are 5-1 and we now have a QB who has a chip on his shoulder he deserves. I have alot of concerns about the offense but I think getting healthy and more time in the system for the WRs can really do wonders.
I agree with all of this, except the 5-1 part.

Members online