Is the offence the problem?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'e gonna need to do different things -and in a way, forge a new identity- in the passing game. The loss of Nelson will not be well enough compensated for otherwise.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both before and after the injury Rodgers and Adams have not seemed to be on the same page during some routes.
outside of the game against the Pats and one play against the Dolphins, I've never felt that Rodgers and Adams were on the same page at all. Both talented players, but they don't have the connection he seemed to have with all the guys before like Jennings, Jones, Jordy, Cobb. I hope it comes around because they could really light things up if they ever get there.

D

Deleted member 6794

outside of the game against the Pats and one play against the Dolphins, I've never felt that Rodgers and Adams were on the same page at all. Both talented players, but they don't have the connection he seemed to have with all the guys before like Jennings, Jones, Jordy, Cobb. I hope it comes around because they could really light things up if they ever get there.

Adams had a big game vs. the Cowboys in the playoffs as well (7 receptions for 117 yards and a TD) and had the most productive rookie season by a receiver with Rodgers starting. The ankle injury is mostly to blame for his lack of production this season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm aware of all that. Numbers were good for a rookie, there still seems to be a disconnect when watching them. At least for me. There's no stat that can prove or disprove the gut feeling I have. you could argue he's disconnected with everyone right now, and I'd probably agree, but so far in Adams' short career, I haven't seen the chemistry that made Rodgers to Jones, to Jennings, to Jordy, to Cobb, so special.

I know those things didn't happen overnight with any of those receivers either, and I"m not saying since they haven't yet with Adams he's crap. It hink he's immensely talented. Now I want to see them know what each other is thinking and everything looks just too easy, instead of throwing back shoulder and the receiver is still going down field, or a stop route and the QB throws up the field or any number of things I've seen in his short career.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts