Is the offence the problem?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams and the Montster are physical freaks. When playoff time comes and they aren't healthy yet? Then I will worry. Adams didn't look himself yet.
Starting to think Cobb isn't 1a material. ? Adams and the Montster will be back soon and all will be well.

Reaction score
Even the Lions arent going to trade a megastar to a division opponent.

We are 5-1 and we now have a QB who has a chip on his shoulder he deserves. I have alot of concerns about the offense but I think getting healthy and more time in the system for the WRs can really do wonders.
I agree. Although our recent pass receiving stats have been dismal, I think our potential to improve markedly by post-season is substantial.
Other than Jones, Our receiving core is quite young when you consider regular season games played for Green Bay.. (Keeping in mind that of our top 3 receivers 2 of the 3 have played while injured and/or missed multiple games due to injury. Not to mention Jones didn't play a snap for GB last year)
Jones-111
Cobb-59
Davante-20
Jeff-10
Ty-3
Jared-3

I think we can see what a sharp drop off in the "games played" experience level there is to each subsequent receiver down the line. In retrospect, it takes time together as a unit to get all the parts of a machine working together effectively and at a high Productivity as a unit. I'm confident our best football is ahead of us.

D

Deleted member 6794

I noticed (I think it was Jones) going semi deep along the left sideline. He was covered completely and he just stopped! Rodgers meanwhile was scrambling. Exactly why Jones did not start crossing over the middle or trying to make himself available for Rodgers is...a coaching problem? Receivers should be looking for an open space while Rodgers is scrambling. Maybe it is time to give Abederris a shot.

It is pretty obvious that receivers aren't getting open, for whatever reason doesn't really matter. The coaching staff has to find a way to help them get separation.

But a " unhealthy gronk" is an excuse for the three losses for NE?

Not trying to be a pain... But if people say NE had issues because Gronk was out or hurt why can't same argument be made with us missing Jordy

Of course losing Nelson is a major reason for the offense struggling. But as adambr correctly pointed out he won't be able to help them get out of their slump this year like Gronk did with the Pats in 2014.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Although our recent pass receiving stats have been dismal, I think our potential to improve markedly by post-season is substantial.
Other than Jones, Our receiving core is quite young when you consider regular season games played for Green Bay.. (Keeping in mind that of our top 3 receivers 2 of the 3 have played while injured and/or missed multiple games due to injury. Not to mention Jones didn't play a snap for GB last year)
Jones-111
Cobb-59
Davante-20
Jeff-10
Ty-3
Jared-3

I think we can see what a sharp drop off in the "games played" experience level there is to each subsequent receiver down the line. In retrospect, it takes time together as a unit to get all the parts of a machine working together effectively and at a high Productivity as a unit. I'm confident our best football is ahead of us.

This is the thing. There is legit ability- and time- for this to get better. I'd like to see more of Janis and Abby starting this week, ready or not.
Good post.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course losing Nelson is a major reason for the offense struggling. But as adambr correctly pointed out he won't be able to help them get out of their slump this year like Gronk did with the Pats in 2014.

I get that not sure why that is even being debated? I know Jordy wont be back to help..I was only pointing out the similarities of Jordy and our slump like the Pats slump

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one said we were the Patriots. That wasn't the point. The point was good teams go through bad stretches where they don't look like themselves. That should have been obvious.

Stretches huh? Of losing or being blown out and looking awful
In the process? Because there is a difference.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams and the Montster are physical freaks. When playoff time comes and they aren't healthy yet? Then I will worry. Adams didn't look himself yet.
Starting to think Cobb isn't 1a material. ? Adams and the Montster will be back soon and all will be well.

Not sure how Adams is a physical freak. Great body control and a fluid route runner with long arms, but I dont see him stiff arming a defender into the dirt one play and then burning the whole secondary the next like a Jordy Nelson. Now Monty there I see a freak. Rare build, more like a big running back who can run routes. They always said that running backs getting into the secondary will break a defense, what happens when Ty Montgomery gets 5-7 catches in the slot with a head full of steam?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's another issue, Coaching.

The Offense had been sputtering since it played KC. The Defense gives up 500 yards passing at home and MM sends the whole team on vacation for a week? Isn't the buy a good time to install some adjustments.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Offense had been sputtering since it played KC. The Defense gives up 500 yards passing at home and MM sends the whole team on vacation for a week? Isn't the buy a good time to install some adjustments.

I was fine with that, the players returned to practice on Monday and it was enough time to install a proper game plan.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554325

How on earth is this not being blown out and looking awful in the process?

Just playin a bit of Devils advocate. But that was week 4 and they played great every week after that. Our blowout came week 8 after a bye when we were fairly healthy with an extra week of rest and planning. We should kind of be starting to hit a nice stride around this point of the season, hopefully it starts vs Carolina

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that not sure why that is even being debated? I know Jordy wont be back to help..I was only pointing out the similarities of Jordy and our slump like the Pats slump

But that's where the similarity ends because we won't have a healthy Jordy to come back and jump start the offense.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just playin a bit of Devils advocate. But that was week 4 and they played great every week after that. Our blowout came week 8 after a bye when we were fairly healthy with an extra week of rest and planning. We should kind of be starting to hit a nice stride around this point of the season, hopefully it starts vs Carolina

It's a fair point, but 7 games into the season is still plenty of time for a team to evolve. Our 2010 season was a perfect example of that. We were not a very good team after 7 games in 2010, much less a dominant one.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams is definitely an elite physical specimen (when healthy). Speed strength. Great body control. But his accelation and burst for a guy his size is exceptional. If he could get the mental part together I believe he could be top 5 wr some day. That said. Montster looks sterling sharpesque. Better than Adams in ways. Powerful and quick. As advertised. Cobb but bigger.

PackersBacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People are overreacting, Denver has a really good defense. It'll get better, and we've got a great stage to prove it on this week. I think getting Eddie Lacy back healthy and being more balanced will help us a ton.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adams is definitely an elite physical specimen (when healthy). Speed strength. Great body control. But his accelation and burst for a guy his size is exceptional. If he could get the mental part together I believe he could be top 5 wr some day. That said. Montster looks sterling sharpesque. Better than Adams in ways. Powerful and quick. As advertised. Cobb but bigger.

Adams isn't a speedy receiver. He's a guy capable of running crisp routes and winning jump balls but he won't burn defensive backs on deep routes.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I humbly suggest that you ditch that loser Rodgers and trade him immediately for the awesome Matt Cassel? We'll throw in 'Couldn't hit a barn door' Weeden for free

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I humbly suggest that you ditch that loser Rodgers and trade him immediately for the awesome Matt Cassel? We'll throw in 'Couldn't hit a barn door' Weeden for free

How far back in the thread was Rodgers the issue?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams isn't a speedy receiver. He's a guy capable of running crisp routes and winning jump balls but he won't burn defensive backs on deep routes.
Janis is a physical specimen. Adams looks flat-out slow at times. Some people look much faster than their 40 time, but he looks every bit a 4.6, or worse. He's a career <10 YPC guy. Always has been, always will be.

Reaction score
Agreed he's not the fastest. Luckily raw speed can be compensated for with other strengths, such as solid YAC, athletic catches and consistent hands, which he does possess. This game needs to be about moving the chains and controlling the clock and Adams offers a reliable target in doing just that.

Members online

Latest posts