Is the offence the problem?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has made it very clear that his Wrs are not getting open or "separating." I don't think he's complaining but rather saying hey we need more help at the wr spot ...more dynamic playmakers. Now I don't know what the deal is with Janis and whh the guy barely sees the field on offense but if they won't play him then TT has to do something to help his franchise qb. Cobb is more quick than fast and Jones and Adams are good route runners but not really going to go deep often.

A guy who can blow the top off the coverage for probably the best deep ball thrower in the history of the NFL isn't a bad thing. Or even a guy who an demand extra attention would help. Lord knows we get hardly anything from the tightend spot so safeties are just keying Wrs and focusing more on the underneath stuff and counting on lbs to win against our tightends.

I've heard several times Calvin Johnson may be on the trade black and I sure as heck don't want him in New England. I'm sure he's tired of losing and wants to win a ring...so calling about his seevices can't hurt the Lions who aren't going anywhere. If it's not Rodgers or Matthews everyone is a option to obtain his services. Can you imagine? Calvin Johnson or even someone like Dez Bryant would go a long way for this offense. Living in Texas I hear stuff about Bryant all the time but winning changes everything and being in a locker room like Green Bay would be good for him. 1st rounder? idc what it takes but we need one of the two even if Teddy has to give up some of his precious draft picks.

Last edited:

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Joe Thomas, J.J. Watt are all guys who could possibly make a huge impact on this team. They also all come with huge contracts, and premium draft pick compensation. No thanks. These proposals always sound good in theory but..

How's Jimmy Graham helping out the Hawks this year?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh, surprised you're bothering to post after you decided last night that we were definitely not making it past the first round of the playoffs.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe this "lack of speed" thing going around here lately = lack of Ty Montgomery. He's started to become an X-factor on this offense and say what you will but not having him last night certainly did not help this O. Don't know his status atm but if he's back next week I don't see our WRs having anymore of this separation issue.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Joe Thomas, J.J. Watt are all guys who could possibly make a huge impact on this team. They also all come with huge contracts, and premium draft pick compensation. No thanks. These proposals always sound good in theory but..

Hawks don't have Aaron Rodgers neither. I think guys like that would negotiate their contract to play with Aaron Rodgers. But that's just my opinion.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is obvious the team needs a shot in the arm, whether it be some of our young talent that hasn't been targeted yet or another WR or TE taken in trade. If our receivers know that players like Abby or Janis aren't going to see a lot of playing time because AR doesn't trust them why play harder? Their playing time isn't going to be limited because of performance, but because of injury.

D

Deleted member 6794

I believe this "lack of speed" thing going around here lately = lack of Ty Montgomery. He's started to become an X-factor on this offense and say what you will but not having him last night certainly did not help this O. Don't know his status atm but if he's back next week I don't see our WRs having anymore of this separation issue.

I think that is a way too optimistic point of view on the situation.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say effort is an issue more than speed and the inability to run against 6 or 7 defenders in the box, or at least the inability to commit to it for a while.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that is a way too optimistic point of view on the situation.

No don't get me wrong, having him last night would not have gotten us a win and he doesn't have the same kind of route threat playmaking ability and chemistry that Jordy has with Rodgers, but I still think he is our "Speed" guy who's playing kind of a similar role that Cobb played his rookie year. And even if the difference he makes in our offense is only marginal, it's still a difference nonetheless.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh, surprised you're bothering to post after you decided last night that we were definitely not making it past the first round of the playoffs.

What's that have to do with the rest of the season? Are we in the playoffs yet? With what I saw last night I'm sure plenty of non Dilusional fans would probably agree.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be possible. But not the Aaron Rodgers who throws for 77 yards in a primetime game.

Why are people acting like 77 yards is all the sudden the new norm for him? It was a bad day at the office and certainly not the kind of numbers we've come to expect of him, but people are saying it like it's going to be a recurring theme around here and that's just dumb.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wilson isn't the caliber player Rodgers is ... Drew Bree's for even that matter so I don't see what your point is .

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's that have to do with the rest of the season? Are we in the playoffs yet? With what I saw last night I'm sure plenty of non Dilusional fans would probably agree.

What is the point in even following a team when you've already declared that they're done for? You gotta work on the pessimism. All I'm saying.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uhh, I'm about 100% certain that Dez Bryant isn't on the trade block. Dallas wouldn't trade him.

I'm seeing a lot of fantasy/John Madden types of trade proposals here. If we made a trade, it would be for something realistic, like Vernon Davis.

D

Deleted member 6794

No don't get me wrong, having him last night would not have gotten us a win and he doesn't have the same kind of route threat playmaking ability and chemistry that Jordy has with Rodgers, but I still think he is our "Speed" guy who's playing kind of a similar role that Cobb played his rookie year. And even if the difference he makes in our offense is only marginal, it's still a difference nonetheless.

After yesterday's performance the offense (and especially the passing game) needs way more than a player making a marginal difference.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodell's position through the years has been that we need to acquire better players - usually through free agency. Therefore his initial post here doesn't surprise me. However, I disagree with the conclusion from Aaron's statement. Rodgers rarely calls anyone out publicly but I read his comments as saying that our WRs needed to play better and faster. For that matter, Rodgers needs to throw better even on check-downs, the line needs to open holes, the tight ends need to block, and the running backs need to find the holes wherever they may be.

Everyone sucked last night, coaches too. We don't need to go out and hire Randy Moss. We have players capable of beating Denver. We need to figure out a way to do it. More Wheaties. More Skittles. Something

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodell's position through the years has been that we need to acquire better players - usually through free agency. Therefore his initial post here doesn't surprise me. However, I disagree with the conclusion from Aaron's statement. Rodgers rarely calls anyone out publicly but I read his comments as saying that our WRs needed to play better and faster. For that matter, Rodgers needs to throw better even on check-downs, the line needs to open holes, the tight ends need to block, and the running backs need to find the holes wherever they may be.

Everyone sucked last night, coaches too. We don't need to go out and hire Randy Moss. We have players capable of beating Denver. We need to figure out a way to do it. More Wheaties. More Skittles. Something

A better play caller maybe. Might be time to call Philbin back.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A better play caller maybe. Might be time to call Philbin back.

Play calling had nothing to do with last night. We just got whipped. Plain and simple. This happens in Football sometimes, even to good teams. Our players just didn't show up for whatever reason and the result spoke for itself.

However, with that said, I do feel like we need one more playmaker on offense. We need someone who can "go get it" so to speak.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uhh, I'm about 100% certain that Dez Bryant isn't on the trade block. Dallas wouldn't trade him.

I'm seeing a lot of fantasy/John Madden types of trade proposals here. If we made a trade, it would be for something realistic, like Vernon Davis.

No way on Dez. I mean TT is already working on the vernon Davis, Joe Thomas, and JJ Watt deals. And those are only the ones we know of. One man can only do so much. And what happens if we lose another game latter in the season and we need to sign 5 more players to make sure we never lose again?

Zoiks! Tt sure has his work cut out for him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hopefully just a "Hiccup game". On the road against a very emotionally well rested solid team. The time off obviously did Manning some good for that "old arm". I'm not in a big panic mode about our Tackles, but yes they both have to play better. I would love to see a Vernon Davis or Steve Smith type of player added before tomorrow's traded deadline for both depth and maybe getting this offense out of its funk.

I think we will learn a lot more about this team this Sunday and if the Denver game was a hiccup or we are not the top team we thought we were.

D

Deleted member 6794

Play calling had nothing to do with last night. We just got whipped. Plain and simple. This happens in Football sometimes, even to good teams. Our players just didn't show up for whatever reason and the result spoke for itself.

However, with that said, I do feel like we need one more playmaker on offense. We need someone who can "go get it" so to speak.

While fans don't know enough to be able to criticize play calling I would like the Packers to use different formations more often. Basically the Packers line up in a 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB set most of the time, especially against an opponent having three great cover corners.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The types of trades you are talking about don't happen in this day and age of football and are likely never to happen again. The cost of acquiring those type of players is just too high, Especially Watt, to acquire a guy like that would require a Herschel Walker type trade.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While fans don't know enough to be able to criticize play calling I would like the Packers to use different formations more often. Basically the Packers line up in a 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB set most of the time, especially against an opponent having three great cover corners.

Not only that but they really need to have another passing play other than the quick out with 2 receivers blocking play they run way too much

Latest posts