Is The Fix In For The Lions?

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are the football "gods" in Detroit this year? Look at what happened a couple of years after Katrina with the Saints. Now fast forward to 2009 and look at the economy situation in Detroit with all the unemployment and towns turning into ghost towns. Now look at that area, the Lions start winning(they won their last 4 games last season) and two of the games this season they should have lost, but somehow mysteriously came back from 20+pts down. Now that the Tigers won...that town has to be going bonkers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but Detroit has been a **** hole for 30-40 years. Its not like this happened overnight like Katrina. Though I am sure some wish a disaster would take it out.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Are the football "gods" in Detroit this year? Look at what happened a couple of years after Katrina with the Saints. Now fast forward to 2009 and look at the economy situation in Detroit with all the unemployment and towns turning into ghost towns. Now look at that area, the Lions start winning(they won their last 4 games last season) and two of the games this season they should have lost, but somehow mysteriously came back from 20+pts down. Now that the Tigers won...that town has to be going bonkers.

Sounds like a plot by the Templars, the Illuminati, the Tri-lateral commission and the Rockefellers. They're all pulling the strings behind the scenes of the universe....

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
If the "fix" is in, and the NFL gods had been doing this, which I don't believe. Why no love for the Dolphins after Hurricane Andrew in 1992? I mean for sure, if they had been watching Marino would have a Super Bowl under his belt.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the "fix" is in, and the NFL gods had been doing this, which I don't believe. Why no love for the Dolphins after Hurricane Andrew in 1992? I mean for sure, if they had been watching Marino would have a Super Bowl under his belt.

what? you mean Ace Ventura wasn't real??!!!? :eek::roflmao:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The situation with the Saints and Hurricane Katrina made even me cry. That was a beautiful, heartfelt moment for New Orleans. I wouldn't compare that with what's going on in Detroit. It's apples and oranges so to speak. I am happy Detroit is rebuilding as a city economically, but I don't think what you are suggesting applies here.

If you go by that logic, how do you explain the Buffalo Bills?

Edit: Are the Packers also "God's team? Then the Brewers must be too.....

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I don't believe the fix is in for the Lions. I believe they want it more and are just a damn good team. Bad teams don't come from behind by 20 points or more and win. Good teams do.

The culture has changed for the Detroit Lions. I think, as long as Stafford stays healthy, that team will continue to be a contender for years to come.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I've never been a "conspiracy around every corner" kinda guy, so I'd say that both the ***** and the Tigers are making their own breaks. I love the Tigers for taking out the Yankees...I will worship the very grass they play on for eternity. I love it when the snooty Eastern Seaboard fans suddenly have nothing to cheer about. :)

I don't think that the Detroit sports fans have recognized yet, what they have. I mean, the city isn't burning yet. Usually a tell-tale sign that things have their attention. ;)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been thinking of this comparison to.
At the same time, we also got the Brewers and Packers as well while the Phillies lost and the Eagles aren't doing so well.
With St. Louis, the Rams suck but the Cards are still in it. (Go Brewers!)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like a plot by the Templars, the Illuminati, the Tri-lateral commission and the Rockefellers. They're all pulling the strings behind the scenes of the universe....
All puppets of the Amish Mafia. Remember this - if you control looming supplies, you control the world!

This would not explain the stupid CJ Td that was called back against the Bears last year.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys its obvious as to whats going on. Our beloved beat writer Tom 'Killer' Kowalski passed away before the season took way...he took it upon himself to let bobby layne know that its been over 50 years and the curse has expired, seems good ol' bobby lost track of time up there.

Look at it this way, 57 we won the championship. 58 we got rid of bobby layne, who proceeded to put his infamous curse on us. He said we wouldnt win anything for another 50 years. On the 50th year, 2008, we go 0-16. In 2009 51 years after the curse had been laid, we draft our no.1 QB who went to the same exact high school as bobby!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Just because you have some comebacks it does not mean the football Gods are on your side or it's your time. Just look at my Colts. How many miracle comebacks did we have over the years and then not win a Super Bowl or do a thing in the playoffs? And some of our comebacks made rival fans scratch their heads and complain. I remember in 2008 a few Pats fans saying they felt it might be our year due to so many lucky wins and comebacks. We went one and done and were a WC. We also could not run the ball. These Lions don't run the ball well either. I don't see them as a Super Bowl team unless they get the ground game going.

Don't get paranoid over the Lions. They are a good team but have not even beaten anyone yet either. They may make the playoffs but barring major injury the Packer are simply better and more experienced.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't believe in the football gods.

The Lions were improved late last season, though everyone seems to have forgotten that. Ending the season on a high winning streak, and entering this season with high expectations. They were decent last season, and now they are winning.
The credit goes to Jim Schwartz. The man knows what he is doing with this team.

People say the Saints got lucky in 2009 but I really don't know. That was just their year, everything was going their way.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I am serious though about the run game. They need to run the ball if they are going to do a a thing in the playoffs assuming they get there. With the Packers you guys seem improved there this season, but even if you can't run the ball you have the threat of a running QB to keep teams on it's toes. You have to at least have the threat of something on the ground.

If the Lions don't get the run game going teams they may eventually turn into the Colts offense (with Peyton of course) and picks will happen at the worst time/teams will tee off Stafford and they will have to play catch up a lot. Ironically, I have seen a lot of Colts fans jump on the Lions bandwagon.

Even the though the passing game dominates the headlines you still need SOME balance.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Tony Romo didn't do a perfect playoff-Farve impersonation in the 2nd half last week, the Lions would just be one of the many 3-1 teams.

They're good though, and could easily go 12-4 this season, maybe better depending on our 2 games and their 2 games vs Chicago.

But Detroit, Flint, Kalamazoo, Dearborn has been a filthy, depressed, violent, gang-infested, drug-addicted, racist area for over 2 decades. It was crap when even Barry Sanders was there.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All puppets of the Amish Mafia. Remember this - if you control looming supplies, you control the world!

This would not explain the stupid CJ Td that was called back against the Bears last year.
YES! It's all the Amish fault! It's definitely NOT aliens! Don't believe a word about Aliens, Aliens DO NOT exist nor are in the most important political positions in the world!

Don't listen to people saying it's Aliens from Jupiter! That is absolutely nonsense!

Even if there were humanoids in Jupiter, why would they come to Earth in the first place? It would certainly NOT be because our planet is extinct and we need an habitable environment, and the Earth is the closest planet with such conditions... That would be ridiculous...

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I've been thinking of this comparison to.
At the same time, we also got the Brewers and Packers as well while the Phillies lost and the Eagles aren't doing so well.
With St. Louis, the Rams suck but the Cards are still in it. (Go Brewers!)
I know what you're saying FF, as a Wisconsin fan all we need are the Bucks to start winning to complete it all. You forgot the Badgers are unbeaten and they (gasp) have a QB. Think of all these years we've wondered "what if..." the Badgers had a QB.
If anything, the conspiracy seems to favor the dairy state. St. Louis beat Philly and Detroit beat the Yankees. Highly regarded Nebraska gets spanked, yes I said spanked by the Badgers.
The only thing I can think of for having lady luck and conspiracy theorists pointing a finger at Wisconsin is our recent "Senators run to Illinois" fiasco. If that's what it takes to get some winning teams around here I say to all the politicians:
Go Away!!