Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Even more

Gutekunst said. “I was really looking forward to the conversations with Aaron to see how he fit into [future plans]. Those never transpired…so we went through his representatives to try and talk to him about where we were going with our team. At that point, they informed us that they would like to be traded to the Jets.
Just goes to show How Aaron Rodgers deceit is on another level.
Yet people still ignore it. This isn’t a media personality guessing. This is Our Staff saying he wouldn’t take phone calls, period. All in my derrière this guy is a Master liar

I used to defend him. Apparently GB did also.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yet people still ignore it. This isn’t a media personality guessing. This is Our Staff saying he wouldn’t take phone calls, period. All in my derrière this guy is a Master liar

Why should we trust Gutekunst he's being completely honest about how the situation played out? In my opinion both the Packers and Rodgers are to blame for their relationship having turned for the worse. There's no way of knowing who is telling the truth though.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

He has already been caught in “a misleading statement” on his vaccine status. A few of us have mentioned his family and gf issues. There is something off with him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even more

Gutekunst said. “I was really looking forward to the conversations with Aaron to see how he fit into [future plans]. Those never transpired…so we went through his representatives to try and talk to him about where we were going with our team. At that point, they informed us that they would like to be traded to the Jets.

It was this statement which made me pause...as that contradicts strongly what Aaron claimed on Pat's show. Aaron acted as if there was no attempts at discussions really at all...and then he came out of darkness and was surprised by the change of opinion? Phone call records are easily proven...claimed emotional opinions cannot be...I tend to think in this exact situation Gute wouldn't have been that specific of the timeline of attempts and be lying. I know for a fact I disagree with some of the handling of everything by GB and Aaron has a right to have been pissed at moments...but this is just another example of why I'm exhausted and just want to be off the Rodgers' roller coaster.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm ready for all of them to go. If they're getting into a pissing match again now, **** 'em all. It's apparently been decided he's not coming back. Whether he doesn't want to, or the team doesn't want him I don't really care as neither situation makes anyone a bad guy. GB isn't a team on the precipice of a SUper Bowl, not a hot destination for a end of career vet wanting one last shot and Rodgers isn't a 30 year old MVP QB. He's at the end of the line. Move one, both of you.

Why is this being hashed out and brought up again? Why is Gutey saying anything about it at all? We all know the wish is for him to go to the Jets. Why the blame game about it now? get the ****ing trade done. that's what is important. That's the only thing that matters at this point. is this some secret negotiating technique I don't know about? Is gutey, in some round about way saying to Rodgers, "we never talked again, come talk to us we can work it out"? Or is it just to start pointing fingers at a point in time when pointing fingers and all the discussions that come with it are nothing but detrimental to all positions and situation? why? and why now?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm ready for all of them to go. If they're getting into a pissing match again now, **** 'em all. It's apparently been decided he's not coming back. Whether he doesn't want to, or the team doesn't want him I don't really care as neither situation makes anyone a bad guy. GB isn't a team on the precipice of a SUper Bowl, not a hot destination for a end of career vet wanting one last shot and Rodgers isn't a 30 year old MVP QB. He's at the end of the line. Move one, both of you.

Why is this being hashed out and brought up again? Why is Gutey saying anything about it at all? We all know the wish is for him to go to the Jets. Why the blame game about it now? get the ****ing trade done. that's what is important. That's the only thing that matters at this point. is this some secret negotiating technique I don't know about? Is gutey, in some round about way saying to Rodgers, "we never talked again, come talk to us we can work it out"? Or is it just to start pointing fingers at a point in time when pointing fingers and all the discussions that come with it are nothing but detrimental to all positions and situation? why? and why now?

Because this was the first time directly the media was able to ask Gute questions pertaining to the claims and statements Rodgers' made on Pat's show. I feel like that's quite evident and obvious no?

Just like Rodgers had every right to express how ignorant and dumb it was to pick Love when they did and even express at times his disagreement with management decisions on handling guys on the team with expiring contracts......Gute had every right to "correct the record" if he and the organization truly did attempt multiple times this off season to have discussions and Rodgers and his camp just never communicated back to them. If that is true Gute has every right to say and express what he did, which to be fair he never sounded petty or throwing shade honestly, he said at a certain point he just had to do his job which is true - he could have expressed Rodgers is a diva or it was childish to not respond but he never went that route.

I have no doubt Rodgers will share his thoughts and such on his next Pat appearance and we may learn more.

As I shared elsewhere it is very interesting that Gute spoke specifically of multiple attempts were made to him and then his representatives - all those things from calls, texts or emails are all verifiable so easily....where as emotions, opinions or personal thoughts cannot be.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, I don't watch Pat and i don't watch ESPN. I'm not like most. I expect the guys in charge to run things like guys in charge. If employees want to act a bit like children at times, fine, handle it don't engage in it. He's engaging in it. I expect more from both guys actually, especially at this point. Make your decision, and focus on getting it done. Or engage in back and forth pissing matches that benefit nobody but the guys that get paid for clicks.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Why should we trust Gutekunst he's being completely honest about how the situation played out? In my opinion both the Packers and Rodgers are to blame for their relationship having turned for the worse. There's no way of knowing who is telling the truth though.
If I were forced to choose a side, I would trust Gute in this situation. Relationships are complicated at times and Rodgers is a weirdo. I'm still on the record for saying that the Packers best chance at winning football games is with Rodgers. It seems that ship has sailed.

Krabs

Reaction score
It was this statement which made me pause...as that contradicts strongly what Aaron claimed on Pat's show. Aaron acted as if there was no attempts at discussions really at all...and then he came out of darkness and was surprised by the change of opinion? Phone call records are easily proven...claimed emotional opinions cannot be...I tend to think in this exact situation Gute wouldn't have been that specific of the timeline of attempts and be lying. I know for a fact I disagree with some of the handling of everything by GB and Aaron has a right to have been pissed at moments...but this is just another example of why I'm exhausted and just want to be off the Rodgers' roller coaster.
Maybe when he sent the message to Rapoport he copy and pasted the same to Gutey. "Nice try. Lose my number."

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, I don't watch Pat and i don't watch ESPN. I'm not like most. I expect the guys in charge to run things like guys in charge. If employees want to act a bit like children at times, fine, handle it don't engage in it. He's engaging in it. I expect more from both guys actually, especially at this point. Make your decision, and focus on getting it done. Or engage in back and forth pissing matches that benefit nobody but the guys that get paid for clicks.

I'm sorry but not watching or reading or learning what is being said and then getting pissed when folks answer questions because it is their job to do so just seems odd to me.

Ever since Rodgers started going on Pat, Gute has been forced to answer questions and address things which I know full well or I at least get the feeling as a professional Gute would have never addressed or had to in such a direct fashion. Just is the modern day with more and more doing such PR things like Aaron does with Pat.

FTR, Gute's interview is on the Packers website just as nearly any formal interview he or a management member has because that is their organization.

Krabs

Reaction score
Keep in mind, this trade is complicated due to the salary cap and Rodgers current contract. The trade is basically done. The Packers have been preparing their cap for the hit to come by moving money around. They're actually sitting under the cap at $22 million to spend. They actually are only behind the Bears, Panthers, Lions and Cards in terms of being under the cap. That's all been freed up just recently because they know they had to make room to absorb the dead money when Rodgers gets traded. I think one of the issues complicating things is where the Jets are at. They are only $9 million under the cap. I think in order to make it work there has to be some players involved beyond just picks. As fans, we want this situation to end. Everyone just needs to have patience. I want the Packers to work out the best deal they can and the draft is still a month away. It will be over before we know it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but not watching or reading or learning what is being said and then getting pissed when folks answer questions because it is their job to do so just seems odd to me.

Ever since Rodgers started going on Pat, Gute has been forced to answer questions and address things which I know full well or I at least get the feeling as a professional Gute would have never addressed or had to in such a direct fashion. Just is the modern day with more and more doing such PR things like Aaron does with Pat.

FTR, Gute's interview is on the Packers website just as nearly any formal interview he or a management member has because that is their organization.
sorry for the opinion. Obviously I read, give me a break. I was addressing what you said was obvious, no? that it was the first time Gute was asked. I wouldn't know if it was the first, the 2nd, the 15th whatever. Seems to me the Packers have been saying stuff about this for a few weeks now, a month almost. If that's the first time anyone was asked, I guess I would find that odd too.

Regardless, even if it's all true, none of it helps further this trade at all.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry for the opinion. Obviously I read, give me a break. I was addressing what you said was obvious, no? that it was the first time Gute was asked. I wouldn't know if it was the first, the 2nd, the 15th whatever. Seems to me the Packers have been saying stuff about this for a few weeks now, a month almost. If that's the first time anyone was asked, I guess I would find that odd too.

Regardless, even if it's all true, none of it helps further this trade at all.

No need to apologies for an opinion - just my opinion that it seems odd to me to interpret things that way given what position Gute holds and what Rodgers has said.

Honestly, Gute's been very quiet himself, Murphy was the one that at a basketball game answered a couple questions, but didn't really say a ton other than confirm the direction the organization is going isn't with Rodgers. Since Rodgers espoused all his side on Pat I am pretty certain this was Gute's first formal media interview.

Krabs

Reaction score
Just reading up on a few more things: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/source...-but-stuck-on-2024-protections-034812507.html

Looks like the trade is being held up on a 2024 pick that would all depend on Rodgers playing the season and how the Jets season goes. If it goes well, it would be a 1st rounder. The Packers just want the draft picks without any qualifiers. Again, I want the Packers to win this deal, so am willing to wait till even the day before the draft. I remember someone along the road saying something like "R-E-L-A-X". Settle in everyone.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to apologies for an opinion - just my opinion that it seems odd to me to interpret things that way given what position Gute holds and what Rodgers has said.

Honestly, Gute's been very quiet himself, Murphy was the one that at a basketball game answered a couple questions, but didn't really say a ton other than confirm the direction the organization is going isn't with Rodgers. Since Rodgers espoused all his side on Pat I am pretty certain this was Gute's first formal media interview.
what's so odd about thinking the decision has been made, pissing matches favor nobody and actually getting done what you want done is important?
I don't think either one is telling the whole truth. and I don't even care what it is at this point. It doesn't matter. What matters is actually moving on. I don't think it's an odd position at all.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How do we know that Rodgers isn't keeping mum right now because the Packers asked him to? Maybe they are still finalizing some things with the Jets and don't want Rodgers saying anything to affect the deal?
This theory seems to be shot to hell by Gute at the owners meeting yesterday. Of course, some will say that Gute is just lying.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what's so odd about thinking the decision has been made, pissing matches favor nobody and actually getting done what you want done is important?
I don't think either one is telling the whole truth. and I don't even care what it is at this point. It doesn't matter. What matters is actually moving on. I don't think it's an odd position at all.

I only found it odd how upset by Gute merely responding to direct questions and in a fashion defending the shots taken at him and the organization. I thought he framed his answers in a fashion to answer directly and not extend further into spiral answers.

I concur I just want off this freaking ride - we are in the same boat and hand-in-hand there for sure brother! Sick of it all.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first, i get more upset by people misinterpreting what I'm saying than by anything Rodgers or Gute have to say LOL. I don't think Gute has to defend anything. The decision has been made, the decision has been made public by the GM, the President and the Player and the team wanting the player. So get it done.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad that Gute seems to finally have tired of Rogers subtle slaps at him.

Gute has always deflected or brushed aside things far far far more than he did in this interview, yet he still didn't really go into the weeds or fling mud back - just matter of fact and moved on to next question. Clear indications a cutting of ways is done.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They actually are only behind the Bears, Panthers, Lions and Cards in terms of being under the cap. That's all been freed up just recently because they know they had to make room to absorb the dead money when Rodgers gets traded.
Yes, but we don't know how much more wiggle room other teams actually have if they want to free up money. So where we are in cap space relative to everyone else could be misleading imho.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes, but we don't know how much more wiggle room other teams actually have if they want to free up money. So where we are in cap space relative to everyone else could be misleading imho.
Also, one has to consider that the Packers are sitting on a lot of cap, due to the Rodgers decision not being made. Depending on what happens with him, that cap money could disappear.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was in offseason

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You would think Rodgers would want to speak with him. He is gambling that the Packers will make any deal with the Jets including a bad one. But who will give in? The Pack or the Jets?

Members online

Latest posts