Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Zad Fnark

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What ESPN said about the contract:

Instead, the Jets will inherit the remainder of his contract, which includes $59.465 million guaranteed in salary and bonus this season. Most of it is made up of a $58.3 million bonus that is due no later than Week 1 of this season.

The Packers now must absorb $40.3 million in dead money on their salary cap. Because his bonus money is prorated, Rodgers won't cripple the Jets' cap. He will count $15.8 million in 2023 and $32.5 million in 2024, cap-friendly for a player of his stature.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Why did the Jets trade him, or rather, why was he unhappy in Cleveland? Ego problem being WR #2 behind Wilson?
He seems Happy in Cleveland.

He wanted out of New York because he felt the Jets weren't using him the way he wanted to be used, nor was he getting the targets that he felt he should get.

Browns might have gotten the better end of that trade (dropped 32 spots), but I guess time will be the truth teller.

Before the 2023 draft, the Browns acquired Moore and a third-round pick (No. 74 overall) from the Jets for their second-round pick (No. 42 overall).

Reaction score

He wanted out of New York because he felt the Jets weren't using him the way he wanted to be used, nor was he getting the targets that he felt he should get.

Browns might have gotten the better end of that trade (dropped 32 spots), but I guess time will be the truth teller.

Before the 2023 draft, the Browns acquired Moore and a third-round pick (No. 74 overall) from the Jets for their second-round pick (No. 42 overall).
Oh yeah the Browns did great on that deal. For a #42 they essentially acquired Cedric Tillman and Elijah Moore. If I was a Cleveland Browns fan I’m pretty stoked with that deal.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks Poker. Seems like the Jets are set in the WR dept. But yeah, seems like the Browns won that trade by getting Moore.

Reaction score
Frigging wide receivers are bigger prima donnas than the quarterbacks.
I also find that to be true. So many stories of WR’s just being total jerks both on and off the field. Of course a story just came out recently with Tyreek where he’s on film assaulting an employee of a charter company and hollering that he can “buy his boat and him too”. Some crazy stuff there

Reaction score
No question these guys often let the $$ and status put them in a position of superiority. I know Mother’s of multiple children that both work harder and are humble and just as nice as can be. These guys get lots of $$ at a relatively young age and less n less are humble imo. It’s diva city Laced throughout the NFL and it hasn’t always been that way, this is the culture and it’s gotten progressively worse even across the last couple decades. Its possible we just protect them more because we’re linked to them but no question more and more we’re seeing that arrogant side surface as these salaries rise and good parenting weakens some.

Last edited:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Adams was the first diva. Then Tyreek Hill. More to come. Wait until Jefferson gets paid. $35 mil/year, $150 mil guaranteed or more.
Funny

Time line on my FB today

I see Adams still can't catch

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams was the first diva. Then Tyreek Hill. More to come. Wait until Jefferson gets paid. $35 mil/year, $150 mil guaranteed or more.
I even remember Sterling Sharpe complaining that he didn't get the ball enough. He was great, but the team got better once Favre started spreading the ball around more.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unlike John Jefferson who played for GB with James Lofton. I do not recall either having a head.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny

Time line on my FB today

I see Adams still can't catch

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Both comments are funny. Martinez is now selling Pokemon cards and Adams is.... well we know what happened to Adams. But yeah, his first two years as I recall were not great. I remember him constantly complaining to refs about missed PI calls as well. Once he started focusing on running routes and catching the ball, his third year I think, he just took off.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. Chad & Keyshawn Johnson were the 1st diva's that I can remember.
Good point. I was talking about the new $30 mil club, but these guys were worthy of the "diva" title. Probably a few more.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I even remember Sterling Sharpe complaining that he didn't get the ball enough. He was great, but the team got better once Favre started spreading the ball around more.
Yeah Sharpe got off to a rocky start. Like Adams, once he stopped whining and started focusing on playing WR, he took off.

Favre did seem to spread the ball around well. As for Rodgers, well he was reluctant to throw to rookies and that's why he has such low INT numbers. I think he spread the ball around though. It's tough when there are guys like Sharpe and Adams who are so much better than their peers. There were usually guys open, or Rodgers would find them.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both comments are funny. Martinez is now selling Pokemon cards and Adams is.... well we know what happened to Adams. But yeah, his first two years as I recall were not great. I remember him constantly complaining to refs about missed PI calls as well. Once he started focusing on running routes and catching the ball, his third year I think, he just took off.
I remember Adams’ rookie season being decent. It was his sophomore season (2015) that was bad. Honestly, he was terrible. Many people, including myself, were extremely critical of him on here. If you had told me that he’d go on to be arguably the best WR in the NFL, I wouldn’t have believed it for a second.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember Adams’ rookie season being decent. It was his sophomore season (2015) that was bad. Honestly, he was terrible. Many people, including myself, were extremely critical of him on here. If you had told me that he’d go on to be arguably the best WR in the NFL, I wouldn’t have believed it for a second.
I think that's right - it was his second year where there was a lot of grumbling about picking Adams. I really did like the pick and thought he'd come around, but not to being arguably the best WR in the NFL. He's like a magician on the field and fun to watch. Too bad it's in LV instead of GB...... Oh well, onward with the young guns.

Reaction score
Yeah. That Sophomore slump. I think it’s that 3rd season that the bulk of players start putting the pieces all together. Although there are obvious exceptions. Look at Jefferson etc.. he was a stud out of the gate. I remember us using Davante more sparingly year 1, he was solid but unspectacular. Although watching him live at in the home opener in 2014 I could just tell the way he moved was smooth and strong. I see a little young Adams in Doubs. He’s like a mixture of young Driver and Adams combined. His moves, shoulders, initial get off, General posture etc.

Although all that said I think the antidote for a slump is increased playing time. That’s why I think our team will curve a little faster than we’re used to. We should have Rookies getting near Veteran starter playing time, which we generally don’t do unless it’s imperative (e.g, see Linsley).

Lastly, I normally agree that Rookie seasons are typically speculative. However this year the odds are not typical. When you have 2-3 Rookies on Offense alone getting significant playing time? your odds flip in favor that at least 1 rises up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Blake was a player that used his head.

I heard that during training camp his rookie year any down time, he was studying the play book.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Blake was a decent player. Way too much is expected of the players who were put in the same position as his. We're talking Barnett, then Hawk. They lead the team in tackles, plug gaps along the entire line, and make tackles on the outside, then get called out by fans because they aren't fast enough to cover a WR who goes over the middle, after they've sorted out all the previous possibilities of coverage they need to consider.

Members online

Latest posts