Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 6794

So you still blame Dillon when you admit Watson wasn't open?

I didn't like the play call but it was pretty obvious a deep throw to Watson was called no matter what. No idea who was responsible for the call and neither do you.

With that being said it's possible Watson would have been able to gain enough separation to catch the ball if it had been on target. Rodgers not being able to step into the throws resulted in the ball being miles off target though, allowing Joseph to intercept it.

Dillon is the one to blame for that.

It's interesting that whenever Rodgers screws up, you find a way to blame anyone else but him. Has he EVER made a mistake that cost the Packers a chance to win?

Rodgers has made a ton of mistakes in his career which contributed to the Packers losing games as well. Heck, his performance vs. the Lions on the road last season was the main factor in the team losing that game.

Actually he has made mistakes in every single game, possibly in most drives as well. Off targets throws, wrong reads etc...

But, what you fail to realize is that compared to other quarterbacks in the league he has performed at a better level than nearly all of them for the majority of his career.

While I'm well aware that he has been far from perfect you're actually the one criticizing him for not being it. That's completely unrealistic in the first place though.

The point where the ball is actually thrown is far more important. The only chance he had to get it to Watson was a lob just like he threw. It was only underthrown by maybe a yard. Joseph still would have been in position to intercept even if it was perfectly thrown. In fact, Joseph had to come back for it a little bit. It was a bad decision no matter how you try to justify it.

Once again, you denied that Joseph was more than 25 yards away from Watson at the time Rodgers released the ball. While that screenshot proves you were completely wrong about it you still can't admit it. But I didn't expect it from you anyway.

That ball wasn't off by only a yard but a mile. There's no way Joseph would have been able to intercept it if it was on target.

Lazard was the one open. Piecing it together best I could from TV footage it looked like Cobb. Either way, Lazard had his man beat over the middle for a likely first down catch.

Once again, I didn't like the play call but Rodgers wasn't supposed to go through his progressions on it.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard was the one open. Piecing it together best I could from TV footage it looked like Cobb. Either way, Lazard had his man beat over the middle for a likely first down catch.

Once again, I didn't like the play call but Rodgers wasn't supposed to go through his progressions on it.

I'm sorry, are you actually being serious here? So now that you've had to admit the throw was a poor decision, you've suddenly come to the conclusion that Rodgers was somehow required to throw at Watson regardless of whether he or anyone else was open? And you know this... how? Or is this simply all you have left in an attempt to completely absolve Rodgers of any responsibility on the play, so therefore, in your mind, it must be true?

There's no way even a middle school coach is going to tell his QB, "Hey, I want you to throw the go route on the right side even if it's a bad idea and other guys are open." And you think Rodgers would actually submit to that? Get real. It amazes me how someone can be such a hell-bent apologist that he will make claims that are this ridiculous. I mean, this might literally be the silliest thing I've ever seen anyone post. Bravo!

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't like the play call but it was pretty obvious a deep throw to Watson was called no matter what. No idea who was responsible for the call and neither do you.

With that being said it's possible Watson would have been able to gain enough separation to catch the ball if it had been on target. Rodgers not being able to step into the throws resulted in the ball being miles off target though, allowing Joseph to intercept it.

Dillon is the one to blame for that.

Rodgers has made a ton of mistakes in his career which contributed to the Packers losing games as well. Heck, his performance vs. the Lions on the road last season was the main factor in the team losing that game.

Actually he has made mistakes in every single game, possibly in most drives as well. Off targets throws, wrong reads etc...

But, what you fail to realize is that compared to other quarterbacks in the league he has performed at a better level than nearly all of them for the majority of his career.

While I'm well aware that he has been far from perfect you're actually the one criticizing him for not being it. That's completely unrealistic in the first place though.

Once again, you denied that Joseph was more than 25 yards away from Watson at the time Rodgers released the ball. While that screenshot proves you were completely wrong about it you still can't admit it. But I didn't expect it from you anyway.

That ball wasn't off by only a yard but a mile. There's no way Joseph would have been able to intercept it if it was on target.

The 2 Lion games were the face of our season. We found ways to lose no matter who was to blame. Had to be an omen. If you look at our record vs. Detroit over the last 20 years with either Favre or Rodgers playing it was almost a slam dunk.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2 Lion games were the face of our season. We found ways to lose no matter who was to blame. Had to be an omen. If you look at our record vs. Detroit over the last 20 years with either Favre or Rodgers playing it was almost a slam dunk.
Like it or not over the past few decades, the officials influenced the outcomes of more than a few Lions games. More often than not in GBs favor. Wouldn't take much for me to agree with a Lion's fan view on that.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like it or not over the past few decades, the officials influenced the outcomes of more than a few Lions games. More often than not in GBs favor. Wouldn't take much for me to agree with a Lion's fan view on that.
I know you are referring to the famous hands to the face of Bahktiari and also the phantom unnecessary roughness just prior to the Hail Mary. And that may be the case. But the league owes the Packers a priceless debt for the Fail Mary in Seattle. Just too bad they try to pay us out of the poorest of opponents.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm sorry, are you actually being serious here? So now that you've had to admit the throw was a poor decision, you've suddenly come to the conclusion that Rodgers was somehow required to throw at Watson regardless of whether he or anyone else was open? And you know this... how? Or is this simply all you have left in an attempt to completely absolve Rodgers of any responsibility on the play, so therefore, in your mind, it must be true?

There's no way even a middle school coach is going to tell his QB, "Hey, I want you to throw the go route on the right side even if it's a bad idea and other guys are open." And you think Rodgers would actually submit to that? Get real. It amazes me how someone can be such a hell-bent apologist that he will make claims that are this ridiculous. I mean, this might literally be the silliest thing I've ever seen anyone post. Bravo!

Watch the damn play. It's obvious that the idea was to throw a deep ball to Watson all along. Rodgers is taking a seven step drop out of the shotgun while the Packers keep seven guys in to protect their quarterback. Rodgers tries to manipulate Joseph to move to his right side (which doesn't work) by looking left before starting his throwing motion. Unfortunately Dillon doesn't block anyone which results in Rodgers not being able to step into the throw.

While I don't specifically like the call to throw deep on 3rd-and-10 with them being in four down territory at that point of the game they actually had a decent chance for the play to work. Watson was covered by Oruwariye (who is slower than him at 4.47) who allowed him to get off the line without being pressed and the Lions had only a single safety deep.

Dillon not blocking his guy resulted in the throw being significantly short which allowed Joseph to intercept it. Not Rodgers' fault though.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB throws the ball short, it’s intercepted, but he’s blameless, TOTALLY without fault. He HAD to throw it there - got it. Just like he HAD to lock on to Adams because there was no other talent on his team - except Lazard (who he loves) and Cobb (who he INSISTED GB sign - check and check. Lets move on.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch the damn play. It's obvious that the idea was to throw a deep ball to Watson all along. Rodgers is taking a seven step drop out of the shotgun while the Packers keep seven guys in to protect their quarterback. Rodgers tries to manipulate Joseph to move to his right side (which doesn't work) by looking left before starting his throwing motion.

I agree with you on one point. Rodgers definitely had the idea to throw to Watson from the very start. It was a bad decision given that when he looked left he should have seen Lazard and Tonyan. And regardless of any fiction you want to spin, a QB, especially the one I presume you to believe is the GOAT, always has the discretion to throw to the target of his choice.

BTW, it was a five step drop, but since when do facts matter, am I right?

While I don't specifically like the call to throw deep on 3rd-and-10 with them being in four down territory at that point of the game they actually had a decent chance for the play to work. Watson was covered by Oruwariye (who is slower than him at 4.47) who allowed him to get off the line without being pressed and the Lions had only a single safety deep.

Watch the damn play. Joseph was in position to pick it off or at least defend it even if the throw had been perfect. He had to slow down for it a little bit on the play. And you act as if Rodgers throwing off his back foot is something new. His release point wasn't hindered at all. The ball was already gone by the time the defender got to him. It was a bad decision coupled with a bad throw. And that was his fault.

Fun fact: Kerby Joseph had exactly 4 INTs all season. It was the first time a player has had 3 or more interceptions in a season where all of them were thrown by the same QB.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch the damn play. It's obvious that the idea was to throw a deep ball to Watson all along. Rodgers is taking a seven step drop out of the shotgun while the Packers keep seven guys in to protect their quarterback. Rodgers tries to manipulate Joseph to move to his right side (which doesn't work) by looking left before starting his throwing motion. Unfortunately Dillon doesn't block anyone which results in Rodgers not being able to step into the throw.

Dillon not blocking his guy resulted in the throw being significantly short which allowed Joseph to intercept it. Not Rodgers' fault though.
Ironic that our best blocking back, Jamal Williams, was playing for the Lions that night.

D

Deleted member 6794

QB throws the ball short, it’s intercepted, but he’s blameless, TOTALLY without fault. He HAD to throw it there - got it.

Do you honestly believe that Rodgers not being able to step into the throw because Dillon allowed his man to get a free shot at the quarterback had no impact on the play? :rolleyes:

I agree with you on one point. Rodgers definitely had the idea to throw to Watson from the very start. It was a bad decision given that when he looked left he should have seen Lazard and Tonyan.

Well, now you agree that the idea was to throw deep to Watson all along who is the one who called that play? With Rodgers not changing the play at the LOS I assume MLF was the one making that decision. As a side note, neither Lazard nor Tonyan were open at the time Rodgers looked to his left though.

BTW, it was a five step drop, but since when do facts matter, am I right?

You're right, it was only a five step drop, my bad.

Watch the damn play. Joseph was in position to pick it off or at least defend it even if the throw had been perfect. He had to slow down for it a little bit on the play. And you act as if Rodgers throwing off his back foot is something new. His release point wasn't hindered at all. The ball was already gone by the time the defender got to him.

Once again, that ball was supposed to be thrown much deeper than it actually ended up. If that would have happened Joseph wouldn't have been able to make a play on it. I definitely disagree that Rodgers' throwing motion wasn't impacted at all. You even admitted he had to do it from his back foot. It's unrealistic to expect him to make a perfect throw downfield if that happens at all.

Fun fact: Kerby Joseph had exactly 4 INTs all season. It was the first time a player has had 3 or more interceptions in a season where all of them were thrown by the same QB.

That's not accurate though. Joseph had three of his four interceptions off Rodgers, he picked off Daniel Jones against the Giants in week 11 as well.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, now you agree that the idea was to throw deep to Watson all along who is the one who called that play? With Rodgers not changing the play at the LOS I assume MLF was the one making that decision. As a side note, neither Lazard nor Tonyan were open at the time Rodgers looked to his left though.

I see the problem here. You simply lack any fundamental understanding of how plays work. But let's entertain your fantasy for a brief moment. If MLF had somehow forced Rodgers to throw to Watson on that play, don't you think he would have been on the sideline afterward pointing fingers and yelling at him? But no. He didn't do that, now did he? And don't pretend he's never bickered with his coaches before.

Once again, that ball was supposed to be thrown much deeper than it actually ended up. If that would have happened Joseph wouldn't have been able to make a play on it. I definitely disagree that Rodgers' throwing motion wasn't impacted at all. You even admitted he had to do it from his back foot. It's unrealistic to expect him to make a perfect throw downfield if that happens at all.

Watson was already running full speed. If he had thrown it more than a couple yards further it would have been overthrown anyway. Either way, Joseph had a bead on it. BTW, not sure if you actually watch the games or not, but if you had, you'd know that Rodgers had completed hundreds of passes off his back foot. He has also often used his feet to avoid pressure and buy time. He failed to do either of those things, probably because he felt perfectly comfortably throwing off the back foot.

I wonder if you would be offering the same excuses if it was Love who threw that season-ending pick. I have my doubts.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I see the problem here. You simply lack any fundamental understanding of how plays work. But let's entertain your fantasy for a brief moment. If MLF had somehow forced Rodgers to throw to Watson on that play, don't you think he would have been on the sideline afterward pointing fingers and yelling at him? But no. He didn't do that, now did he? And don't pretend he's never bickered with his coaches before.

Watson was already running full speed. If he had thrown it more than a couple yards further it would have been overthrown anyway. Either way, Joseph had a bead on it. BTW, not sure if you actually watch the games or not, but if you had, you'd know that Rodgers had completed hundreds of passes off his back foot. He has also often used his feet to avoid pressure and buy time. He failed to do either of those things, probably because he felt perfectly comfortably throwing off the back foot.

I wonder if you would be offering the same excuses if it was Love who threw that season-ending pick. I have my doubts.
I really think both of you need to stop @captainWIMM

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Gilbert brown called Aaron his homeboy but also said he is a clown for his debatable best packer ever comment

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gilbert brown called Aaron his homeboy but also said he is a clown for his debatable best packer ever comment
I pulled up next to Big G at a stop light on Mason Street once. He was driving his '69 Shelby Mustang. We both had our windows down and he just happened looked over at me. I yelled, "Punch it!" at him and he just smiled and shook his head. When the light finally turned green he laid two strips of black on the road that must have been a good 75 feet long. My favorite Packer of all time for sure.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I pulled up next to Big G at a stop light on Mason Street once. He was driving his '69 Shelby Mustang. We both had our windows down and he just happened looked over at me. I yelled, "Punch it!" at him and he just smiled and shook his head. When the light finally turned green he laid two strips of black on the road that must have been a good 75 feet long. My favorite Packer of all time for sure.
I had the pleasure to sit down with him for a few dinners he is one funny dude

Reaction score
I guess you could say they got the “Lions share” of the bad referee calls

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
"Our inability to reach him or for him to respond in any way"

That sounds like typical Aaron.
Even more

Gutekunst said. “I was really looking forward to the conversations with Aaron to see how he fit into [future plans]. Those never transpired…so we went through his representatives to try and talk to him about where we were going with our team. At that point, they informed us that they would like to be traded to the Jets.

Members online

Latest posts