• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it wouldn't be so bad to focus on the defense if the defense was good, but it's only mediocre. And the Packers have been depending on Rodgers to make the offense elite, so what will happen if Love takes over? I really thought we'd have an excellent rushing attack this year, but again it was middle of the road.

My issue is that the defense should be good with the players they already have; drafting more elite defensive prospects is just trying to compensate for a terrible DC. If you're not going to get a decent DC, then just do what other great teams do and field an elite offense which makes the defense's job MUCH easier. Instead, Green Bay keeps spending resources on the defense, seeing the defense do nothing to improve while watching the offense fall apart.

Reaction score
But what is most reasonable to assume, given what we just watched?
It’s reasonable to assume on this exact roster we likely draft 1 more upgrade or at least break even personnel wise. Then you’d naturally expect 1-2 young players to improve.

It was largely our 17.5pt Offense that lost 3-4 early games and was abysmal. We should’ve been 6-4 or so to start. It’s my belief that a VERY poor showing on Offense tested our Defense too often. We lost Gary and Stokes early in and Walker and Wyatt both struggled at times. I don’t think you’ll see that this year honestly. We should go get at least 1-2 more pieces 2nd,4th Rounds towards a Defense.

We also underestimated are Drafting mid round because it’s so rare as a Packer fan. Who were the last mid rounders?
Rashan Gary #14
Elgton Jenkins #44

Hit again with 1 Offensive player and 1 Defender anywhere close and you’ll see an immediate impact.

This is more my wish, but Gute should really put “all-in” into action not words and move up with our 2nd or 3rd Rounder plus a day 3 selection for a seasoned player fit, instead of our typical “high ceiling” long term projects.

#14 DT

B. Bresee Would pay dividends.
Then get D. Washington TE Round2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I would push back on the concept teams don’t get better trading away their blue chippers….

Eagles.

I'm sorry but what blue chip players did the Eagles trade away?

Either Lafleur, an offensive mind who uses motion, condensed sets, and PA as staples, decided to go away from all of it at once for stretches of the season,

I don't have any numbers about motion and condensed sets being used but Rodgers had nearly as many drop backs on which play action was used last season (27.0%) compared to the previous two (27.4%) in which he won the MVP.

Rodgers already has a gigantic contract for multiple seasons yet. It's hard to marry that up. I get it too that they could renegotiate once he in theory would be traded.

Rodgers would only count close to $50 million towards the cap over the next two seasons for a team acquiring him.

That was the 2020 NFCCG. Mr Rodgers threw those 2 scores up in garbage time when the game was over (Packers down 27 to start the 4th quarter). Compare and contrast to his performance in must win/winnable situations in 2021, 2022, and 2023. Three critical quarters of football. At home. 10 of 23(?) - 83 yards - zero touchdowns - one interception. Not a one time deal - three consecutive. Maybe Mr Rodgers should have/should take(n) a good hard look in the mirror after each of those failures instead of deflecting and finger pointing. 10-23 for 83 yards zero TDs one interception.
Those numbers are STUNNING. Maybe somebody can double check them. 10-23 83 yards zero tds one int.

Is there any reason you ignore that Rodgers went 6-8 for 90 yards and a TD against the Rams in the 2020 playoffs? Of course there is as it doesn't fit your narrative.

The 2020-2021 Tampa postseason D unit was kinda peaking into playoffs. Rodgers wasn’t the only one either. I seem to recall Pat Mahomes running for his life 20 yards behind LOS. I remember an interview several days after that SB where Pat said his body had never been punished as much as that game.

You're right, the Bucs defense played extremely well in the 2020 playoffs.

Rodgers completed 68.8% of his throws against them for 7.2 yards per attempt with three touchdowns and one interception for a passer rating of 101.6.

All other QBs (Mahomes, Brees, Heinicke and one attempt by Winston) combined to complete 56.3% of their throws for 6.3 yards per attempt, three TDs and six INTs against the Bucs for a rating of 63.5.

Yet Rodgers is considered the one having had a terrible game against them by a lot of Packers fans.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there any reason you ignore that Rodgers went 6-8 for 90 yards and a TD against the Rams in the 2020 playoffs? Of course there is as it doesn't fit your narrative.

Those were Rodgers 4th quarter stats in which the Packers led 25-18 going into the 4th? That only reinforces the idea that Rodgers is a front runner.

Yet Rodgers is considered the one having had a terrible game against them by a lot of Packers fans.
Overall it wasn't a terrible game, but he did fall woefully short in the critical 4th quarter (4 for 11 with 2 sacks).

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes there’s a reason I didnt include the Rams game - it wasnt the 4th quarter of the last 3 season ending losses. That’s the set I’m looking at. Last game of the season, close game, gotta win to continue 10 of 23 - 83 yards - 0 touchdowns - 1 interception THREE CRUNCHTIMES - Three el- foldos Not once, not twice, THREE consecutive years. “Yeah but yeah but yeah but!!”… No yeah buts - 10 of 23 for 83 a pick and zero TDs BTW I was PREDICTING these performances 2 years ago. When they were getting Blown Out by the Saints at the start of the 2021 season I said - he’ll probably have a decent season - and choke in the playoffs - rinse and repeat - how many MORE times for $50M per year?

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Niners QB #4 is keeping them in the game. What does that say about our GM and president and their draft abilities. I wanted Rodgers gone last off season but realistically, we'd probably just draft underperformers on defense with all the picks. For 30 years now we've had 2, top of the league QBs. The fact we've underperformed has more to do with front office than the QB position. Successful franchises have good ownership who hires and fires people. We have what amounts to a little in bread family run business who cant seem to cut ties when necessary.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My issue is that the defense should be good with the players they already have; drafting more elite defensive prospects is just trying to compensate for a terrible DC. If you're not going to get a decent DC, then just do what other great teams do and field an elite offense which makes the defense's job MUCH easier. Instead, Green Bay keeps spending resources on the defense, seeing the defense do nothing to improve while watching the offense fall apart.
I've never had a problem with them trying to build a defense, they need one. But this was the first season where I got so fed up with the situation and thought screw it, they can't build a good defense, they might as well just stack the offense instead. At least they've shown some competency with that.

We had like the worst defense ever in 2011, and we went 15-1.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some fans just like to blame everything on one guy despite that one guy being REALLY good and the other elements of the team being really bad. Rodgers should OBVIOUSLY be good enough to play defense (or special teams) as well if these fans are to be believed. Brady is the GOAT for these fans despite being the QB in one of the worst Super Bowls in history and having more elite defenses than Rodgers, Brees, and Peyton combined; I guess in the most boring Super Bowl I've ever seen Brady was helping coach the front seven like a truly great player would.

Fans are, by definition, fanatical, and it really shows in the breakdown of logical analysis for some people.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some fans just like to blame everything on one guy despite that one guy being REALLY good and the other elements of the team being really bad. Rodgers should OBVIOUSLY be good enough to play defense (or special teams) as well if these fans are to be believed. Brady is the GOAT for these fans despite being the QB in one of the worst Super Bowls in history and having more elite defenses than Rodgers, Brees, and Peyton combined; I guess in the most boring Super Bowl I've ever seen Brady was helping coach the front seven like a truly great player would.

Fans are, by definition, fanatical, and it really shows in the breakdown of logical analysis for some people.
Yup seven rings pffffft guy just lucked into them I mean once he left Bellichik…. Ok well yeah he won another one… but since THAT one??? LOL. Sorry …. But people who downplay Brady? After about the 4th Super Bowl? Well … you just sound kinda stupid LOL Then again he has LOST 3 Super Bowls too. Rodgers never lost ONE so…. There’s that

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup seven rings pffffft guy just lucked into them I mean once he left Bellichik…. Ok well yeah he won another one… but since THAT one??? LOL. Sorry …. But people who downplay Brady? After about the 4th Super Bowl? Well … you just sound kinda stupid LOL Then again he has LOST 3 Super Bowls too. Rodgers never lost ONE so…. There’s that

Yup, it's like you completely ignored my elite defense component while you continue to pretend QB's are out there playing golf...you do realize that there are LOTS of plays the QB isn't even on the field for, right? I never downplayed him, he's one of the best QBs ever, but I can't think of a single thing he does better than Rodgers on the football field, other than check downs (he's better at the Alex Smith element of football than Rodgers).

I don't understand the people that want to pretend that defense and coaching don't matter.

D

Deleted member 6794

Those were Rodgers 4th quarter stats in which the Packers led 25-18 going into the 4th? That only reinforces the idea that Rodgers is a front runner.

Your argument is pretty lame as the Packers had the ball on the Rams 9-yard line at the two minute warning but decided to kneel down instead of going for another score.

As a side note, Rodgers was the only quarterback to throw a touchdown pass in the fourth quarter of the divisional round that year.

Overall it wasn't a terrible game, but he did fall woefully short in the critical 4th quarter (4 for 11 with 2 sacks).

It's true Rodgers didn't play well in the fourth quarter against the Bucs. Brady was even worse throwing two interceptions. Most of the time it's actually pretty tough to put up great numbers with the game on the line against playoff opponents featuring a great defense.

Yes there’s a reason I didnt include the Rams game - it wasnt the 4th quarter of the last 3 season ending losses. That’s the set I’m looking at. Last game of the season, close game, gotta win to continue 10 of 23 - 83 yards - 0 touchdowns - 1 interception THREE CRUNCHTIMES - Three el- foldos Not once, not twice, THREE consecutive years. “Yeah but yeah but yeah but!!”… No yeah buts - 10 of 23 for 83 a pick and zero TDs BTW I was PREDICTING these performances 2 years ago. When they were getting Blown Out by the Saints at the start of the 2021 season I said - he’ll probably have a decent season - and choke in the playoffs - rinse and repeat - how many MORE times for $50M per year?

The numbers would look pretty similar when taking a look at the performance of other quarterbacks in the fourth quarter of losses.

It's ignorant to completely ignore that Brady has had an elite defense to work with for nearly every single season of his career. Guess what, as soon as he didn't he never won a Super Bowl either.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
$25M a year for a starting experienced QB is normal anymore pretty much...factor in if he is his 2021 and 2020 self he is for sure worth top 10 pay at QB.
Yes, and we are going to be paying him more than that. I just think a team would have to be pretty desperate for a QB to trade for Rodgers and pay him that. That's just my take on it all.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, and we are going to be paying him more than that. I just think a team would have to be pretty desperate for a QB to trade for Rodgers and pay him that. That's just my take on it all.

Daniel Jones, Derek Carr, Jimmy G will most likely take that much or more...who would you rather have them or Aaron if you believe your team is loaded for a one or two year run?

There's argument for all four over the others IMO for variety of reasons.

Krabs

Reaction score
Daniel Jones, Derek Carr, Jimmy G will most likely take that much or more...who would you rather have them or Aaron if you believe your team is loaded for a one or two year run?

There's argument for all four over the others IMO for variety of reasons.
At this point, I would take Daniel Jones over Rodgers. I'm not saying I would trade straight up. I'm saying that if I were the Giants I would stick with Jones. I would take Rodgers over Carr and Jimmy G.

Krabs

Reaction score
No, it literally does do that. It literally sets the market. That’s how this works. A team trades assets for a certain type of player and that becomes the comparable deal for the next comparable transaction.

That doesn’t mean that all/any teams must pursue Rodgers. Some just won’t want to. But for those that do, there is a recent deal for comparison.

The contractual stuff is negligible. There’s no deterring difference for the acquiring between trading for a guy on a big deal and trading for a guy and then immediately giving him a big deal.
Just because one team foolishly trades numerous picks for a QB doesn't mean another team is going to do that. I don't think the Wilson trade set any sort of bar for the league. I mean, the Saints traded their entire draft for Ricky Williams. I have not seen a team do that since. I'm just not a believer that there is a huge market for Rodgers. I do believe there is a market for him, but I don't believe it involves 1st round picks. I could see something where there could possibly be a 2nd and a 3rd involved. Again, I just don't see the value there. Anyway, I'm just a dude sitting in Appleton and if I really knew anything I'd be sitting in Green Bay. As is the case, I'm just guessing and laying out my opinion. I've also been wrong a lot, so there's that too.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dantes and I usually agree more than we don't, but I also don't see two 1sts unless conditional. I've actually long now held the belief IF Jets want him we should offer they keep their #13 and take both their 2nd and 3rd rounders + conditional futures realistic (like a 2024 starting at a 3rd - playoff escalates it - SB appearance it goes to a 1st...and do a similar build with the 2025 conditional starting at like a 5th - he is rostered in 2024 up to a 4th - playoff team ups to a 3rd - super bowl appearance to a 2nd - wins a SB 1st).

I think the ONLY way Rodgers gets two unconditional 1sts is if you tell the Jets give us your 2024 and 2025 firsts and a Day 3 this year. They banking on Rodgers and their draft winning the next two years - those 1sts are late and they are happy....not something we should want though as if we are done with Rodgers we want to flood this roster with a TON of top 150/100 draft picks IMO this year.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your argument is pretty lame as the Packers had the ball on the Rams 9-yard line at the two minute warning but decided to kneel down instead of going for another score.
How so? So Rodgers played well when he had a big lead. That's irrelevant to what we are talking about here - Rodgers' inability to come through in clutch moments the past few seasons.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Name one thing Brady does better than Rodgers? Win big games (one could also say Not Lose Big Games). My point is the people who keep pushing this “well Tom Brady really isnt that great” line sound stupid after anout his third Super Bowl …. Then there his 4th, then his 5th, then his 6th, then his 7th, then his 8th, then his 9th, then his 10th. Yeah …. He actually lost 3 and Rodgers is a perfect one for one so there’s that. LOL

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Just because one team foolishly trades numerous picks for a QB doesn't mean another team is going to do that. I don't think the Wilson trade set any sort of bar for the league. I mean, the Saints traded their entire draft for Ricky Williams. I have not seen a team do that since. I'm just not a believer that there is a huge market for Rodgers. I do believe there is a market for him, but I don't believe it involves 1st round picks. I could see something where there could possibly be a 2nd and a 3rd involved. Again, I just don't see the value there. Anyway, I'm just a dude sitting in Appleton and if I really knew anything I'd be sitting in Green Bay. As is the case, I'm just guessing and laying out my opinion. I've also been wrong a lot, so there's that too.

I don't know what the compensation will be in Rodgers' case. But the point is that the trade value of a QB who is perceived to still be very good is always going to be super high. The Seahawks getting a huge haul for Wilson wasn't an aberration.

The Lions got two 1st round picks, a 3rd, and Goff for Stafford.

The Broncos got two 1st round picks, a 3rd, and Orton for Cutler.

The Bengals got a 1st and a 2nd for Palmer.

The Texans got three 1st round picks, a 3rd, and a 4th for Watson.

Rodgers is one year removed from back-to-back MVP seasons and did not show any physical decline in 2022. You discount it some for his age, sure. But the market is what the market is.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
One caveat to add:

Rodgers could depress his own value if he somehow insists on only one team and allows that team to corner the market. Erasing competition will lower the price.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think Packers should open up to the entire league. I don't care where he goes if he leaves - get the most active teams will only do good things in return for the organization.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One caveat to add:

Rodgers could depress his own value if he somehow insists on only one team and allows that team to corner the market. Erasing competition will lower the price.
I would think, since AR & the front office are talking about different scenarios, should AR want to continue and should GB wish to move on that they would see what interest there is league-wise. From there GB will discuss with AR which teams/locations would be amenable, and then trade discussions would begin. I don't see AR publicly stating "I'll only play for the Jets" (or other team). I've softened my hard-line stance on the Gute/AR relationship & think they'll work together on the best option that benefits all.

Members online

Latest posts