Is Favre a top 10 QB???

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:
Wake up Packer Nation. Favre is nowhere close to a top 10 QB anymore. Was he once? Yes, he was one of the very best. Those days are over.

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Palmer
4. Bulger
5. Brees
6. Hassleback]
7. McNabb
8. Young
9. Kitna
10. Cutler
11. Romo
12. Rivers
13. Rothliesburger
14. E Manning
15. Leinart
16. Pennington
17. Mcnair
18. Favre
19. TJackson

The question from Miller Time was, "Who would I want to win one game for my team?"

The QB doesn't play for the team they have right now. In your case the QB in question plays for the Vikings. You are telling me that you would rather have Romo, Leinhart, Pennington or even an extremely raw Vince Young as your QB for that game? Right.
Brett's skills are no any where near what they use to be. But he still finds a way to win.
There are not very many QB's that could have taken last yrs GB team to an 8-8 record.

I dont know how much 'finding a way to win' brett has been doing in the last 3 years. If you really look at his stats and how many games he has really won in that time frame, I dont think that you can rightly say that he is the one qb that I would want to win a game. However, that being said, even I still get the 'intangible' feeling that brett could do it, and my money would not be against him. Does that make sense?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
vike4life said:
Wake up Packer Nation. Favre is nowhere close to a top 10 QB anymore. Was he once? Yes, he was one of the very best. Those days are over.

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Palmer
4. Bulger
5. Brees
6. Hassleback]
7. McNabb
8. Young
9. Kitna
10. Cutler
11. Romo
12. Rivers
13. Rothliesburger
14. E Manning
15. Leinart
16. Pennington
17. Mcnair
18. Favre
19. TJackson

The question from Miller Time was, "Who would I want to win one game for my team?"

The QB doesn't play for the team they have right now. In your case the QB in question plays for the Vikings. You are telling me that you would rather have Romo, Leinhart, Pennington or even an extremely raw Vince Young as your QB for that game? Right.
Brett's skills are no any where near what they use to be. But he still finds a way to win.
There are not very many QB's that could have taken last yrs GB team to an 8-8 record.

I dont know how much 'finding a way to win' brett has been doing in the last 3 years. If you really look at his stats and how many games he has really won in that time frame, I dont think that you can rightly say that he is the one qb that I would want to win a game. However, that being said, even I still get the 'intangible' feeling that brett could do it, and my money would not be against him. Does that make sense?

Makes sense to me.

I am not sayng he is the #1 choice. I actually had him 10th on my list.

I am saying that he is more likely to bring a team on thru than some of the players Vike 4 has ranked ahead of him. Incl Young until he develops a little more. (maybe another yr.)

Members online

Latest posts