By Skip Wood
Gannett News Service

OXNARD, Calif.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
NC said...

"I'm not sure if I'm reading more into this than there is, but could this comment be interpreted as a knock against Shermans coaching style?"

I would thinks so..NC..Sherman's about as tough as the Stay-Puff Marshmallow man...and he lacks intensity....

(He's more of a nebishy, clipboard kind of guy...and alot of players don't respect or respond to that)

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know about that 66. I have seen Sherman get in the grill of players on numerous occasions. If one did not have such an intense, visceral hatred for MS, one might concur that he was suggesting that it is what he is used to, and glad it continues in Dallas.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez, you people read into things too much.

I think this was just a nice article about Rivera. It's a lot better than the Sharper articles.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
NC said...

"I'm not sure if I'm reading more into this than there is, but could this comment be interpreted as a knock against Shermans coaching style?"

I would thinks so..NC..Sherman's about as tough as the Stay-Puff Marshmallow man...and he lacks intensity....

(He's more of a nebishy, clipboard kind of guy...and alot of players don't respect or respond to that)

Yeah, I was at a game in Lambeau when that moron cornerback Chris Akins got into a sideline arguement with Sherman. Stay-Puff Sherman got into his face and basically shoved him to make him sit down. Akins was on a flight out of GB the very next day! Sherman, although not a yeller and screamer, is no slouch in terms of discipline. Don't kid yourself 66.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Surprise, surprise...a nice article about Rivera turns into an anti-Sherman thread. Can't get enough of that....66 what kind of job do you think Sherman is doing? Please let us know.

NC...Rivera had back surgery when he first went to Dallas, he is supposed to be fine......but you never know with a back.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Surprise, surprise...a nice article about Rivera turns into an anti-Sherman thread. Can't get enough of that....66 what kind of job do you think Sherman is doing? Please let us know.

I should have known my question would evolve into that. Sorry.

NC...Rivera had back surgery when he first went to Dallas, he is supposed to be fine......but you never know with a back.

Thanks for the update, DePack.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice article, thanks DePack. Rivera was cetainly one of the good guys. It's a shame he could not have finished his career in GB. But such is life in the NFL. Wishing him all the best. except against the Pack.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seen him play against the Cardinals a couple of weeks ago, and I thought he was getting pushed around a little. Bledsoe was under constant pressure. I wish the best for Rivera, but hope the Cowboys lose. :)

Reaction score
Rivera was a pro's pro. But in the end, I don't blame him at all. He had to do what was best for his family, and get more stable financially. He wasn't going to ever see a payday like that in his life again, so he did what I am sure all of us would have done. But he never once held out, or complained. He will be missed, but I wish him success, unless of course, as many have already said, he plays against the Pack. :mrgreen:

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
ill miss rivera. :(

I think Favre was missing him too after he got planted by Seymour the other night. :-? :shock:
That was ugly. I held my breath until Favre got up.

Members online

Latest posts