In rod woodson we trust

Rodgersfan1985again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rod sure does like the pack this year!!!!

Mike S., San Diego, CA 06:26 PM ET
Hey Rod, you answered a question above about the Packers and how you can see them, "easily winning the NFC North". Can you explain how it will be easy with a division that has the Vikings and the Bears in it as well? Cutler should make the Bears a lot better, and the Vikings have the best RB and probably the best defense in the division. How is it going to be easy for the Packers to take the division crown, especially since it's their first year switching to a 34 defense?

Rod Woodson, NFL.com
Hey Mike. First, Jay Cutler has no receivers to throw to in Chicago. I do like Jay, and I do like Matt Forte, too. And concerning the Vikings, you still have to look at their receiving core and the lack of big-play capabilities from their QBs currently on the roster. So, with that being said, I believe the Packers are the best team offensively, defensively and on special teams -- which makes them the NFC North winners.

Bout time someone recongnizes what goona REALLY happen in the NFC north

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's so nice to hear an "expert" talk about somthing other than how great Chicago and Minnesota are. There is a lot of talk of the queens and the bears and almost none on the pack.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson is hands down the best analyst in NFL.com. He just knows SO much about the game. And is a HoF. I really like Deion Sanders (WHAT!) as well. And got to respect Pat Kirwan. Disagree with him a lot of times, but he's been there, and was successful. I can't say the same about Gil Brandt. Sure, he was a MONSTER. But back in the 60's. It's no coincidence that the Cowboys went winning again right after he left. IMO the game has moved past him. (Yeah, I hold a grudge against him. Something about him LOVING Alex Smith and predicting that guy would be one of the best...). But Dukes is the worst. He hates GB because of Favre. He said last year Rodgers was gonna fail. And in NFLnetwork, every former player had to choose a current player to build a franchise around. Mr. Dukes' take? Michael freaking Vick. Say no more.
-
About the recognition, it's nice to hear someone that really knows what he's saying praising us. But any projections now are kind of a guess... You can use last year's performance from the players and the team as a whole, as well as schedulle, but you just don't know how the players are gonna perform, specially guys like Jeremy Thompson, Josh Sitton and such... (Yes, I know I'm an hypocrite. I have the right to rant once in a while... And so do the experts. Wow, hypocrite again.)

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two things stand out from what I've been reading and hearing in offseason talk about the Packers. They're under most people's radar but they are consistently being included in projections for teams expected to have a rebound season from last year.
There may be some advantage in being underestimated and not having a target on your back going in to the year. The Packers were in that situation before the '07 season and look how that went.
This is still basically the same group of players, with some additions, that Brett Favre said two years ago was the most talented young group he had ever been with.
In the modern NFL clubs getting all the preseason accolades usually end up finding it to be a kiss of death.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On sportscenter they had Mike Golic on there and he said with Brett Favre the Vikings could make a run to the super bowl and the Bears with Cutler are the team on the rise. It's a shame to see all the Bears and Vikings talk and no Packers.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts