1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

In memory of Al Harris #31

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by SCpackerfan, Nov 8, 2010.

1. SCpackerfan

SCpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    I figured I would start a little thread in remembrance of the best times with Al.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpowxGfVFE]YouTube - We want the ball and we're gonna score[/ame]

• Like Like x 4
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    well... I dont think he has future career as a weather man

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y5ku_9qnQo]YouTube - Al Harris does the Weather while Promoting His Holiday Shopping Spree Fundraiser for Children[/ame]

• Like Like x 2
  3. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Gonna miss him, awesome memories and a class act. I honestly feel like he helped the defense turn it around and become dominant. Hopefully he does really well and whoever lands him will be luck.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPdHZ-gWcr0]YouTube - Green Bay Packers' 2007 Season: THE SECONDARY[/ame]

• Like Like x 4
  5. SCpackerfan

SCpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    HAHAHA Ivo that is classic!

6. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    A classy touch, SC!!! I'm glad you thought of that!!! We should pay tribute to one of the greatest Packers of our time. Although he will no longer be wearing a Packer uniform, I will always think of him as a Packer. The injury wasn't his fault, to me when I think Al Harris, I will think of some great Packer moments. Surely he will do some other team some good, just hope it's not anyone in our division. I wish him nothing but the best in life all around. I guess I have to say I will remain a Harris fan, no matter what team he goes to. I won't be a fan of that team, just a fan of Harris.

Maybe after all is said and done he will come back to the Packers to work on the coaching/ training staff. I think he has a lot left to give, just maybe not on the football field. He would make a great role model and mentor. Think of the wealth of knowledge he can offer some of these young guys. I'd love for him to remain in the organization.

• Like Like x 2
  7. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    You guys think he will make it into the Packers hall of fame?

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Thats a very good question. I think its more likely than not.

9. Schmitty327

Schmitty327 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  10. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Great read from when he was returning from his spleen injury:

11. Recursive

Recursive Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOLing @ 1:48 ... Harris looked more like the receiver rather than defender there. He burned that guy, cant believe the QB even threw to that side of the field on that play. Funny stuff.

EDIT: I'm glad they ended the video with that hit by Bigby, such an epic hit in a heartbreaking game. I was seriously devastated driving home from my parents house that night. Overtime INT by Favre basically sums up his career. Haha I'm kidding of course..... but not really :p

12. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Lol haven't seen that weather man Harris video.
    Gonna miss ya Al :nhl_checking:
    PS: Nice to see some of those nice Bigby hits again haha.

13. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    I was spooked a bit when I first saw the title,..couldn't handle any worse news!
    But great idea for a thread! I've watched the videos,..all were great, but loved him trying to do the weather!

What a great player,..we are so bummed today! * no smiley could express any further*

14. +RAY+

+RAY+ Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    Harris was always one of those awesome players who gave his heart and soul to The Pack.. I sure have missed him and wish him the best whatever team is lucky enough to pick up someone so talented.. He will always be a Packer, no matter what uniform he wears.