I'm as disgusted as anybody

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

About our season so far but, a petition to get Mike McCarthy out ??? ****ing disgusting.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
About our season so far but, a petition to get Mike McCarthy out ??? ******* disgusting.
Link?

People sign petitions for anything. The one that I recall the best was for a GI benefits to the widows and children of the servicemen buried in the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. That had several thousand signatures about 3 decades ago. It's a common prank actually, petitions for stupid stuff or things that go against all common sense if the signers would stop and think for a second. I'd sign my own death warrant if the asker were cute enough.

OP
OP
I

Link?

People sign petitions for anything. The one that I recall the best was for a GI benefits to the widows and children of the servicemen buried in the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. That had several thousand signatures about 3 decades ago. It's a common prank actually, petitions for stupid stuff or things that go against all common sense if the signers would stop and think for a second. I'd sign my own death warrant if the asker were cute enough.

Sorry, it appeared on facebook this morning while I was having my breakfast. I thought it was terrible.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what happens nowadays when you don't like something or someone. They start a petition. It's utterly ridiculous and aren't worth the paper they're printed on. There was a website created called firetedthompson.com after he traded Favre to the Jets (which BTW was a decision I actually agreed with Teddy on) and it quickly disappeared after the Packers won the Super Bowl.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Link?

funny.

Penn and teller got a whole bunch of environmentalists at a rally to sign a petition to regulate industry discharge of dihydrogen oxide. Only one person realized it was water.

OP
OP
I

I accept he has probably lost the support of some fans, I just find it really sad. I thought we were classier than that. :(

Reaction score
I accept he has probably lost the support of some fans, I just find it really sad. I thought we were classier than that. :(

The fans are turning to the head coach for answers for a losing season.
Wouldn't it be ironic for MM to sign on with another team and win another Super Bowl.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
****ing disgusting? The only thing ****ing disgusting is his ability to coach. They're not threatening to cut his arm off or harming his family, they just want a new coach. He's made a ton of money, he'll be fine.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
About our season so far but, a petition to get Mike McCarthy out ??? ******* disgusting.

I signed a petition to ban petitions...see how far that got me? Phft...and on FacePalm? Bill, Bill, Bill ... separate yourself from such behavior. :whistling:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be ironic for MM to sign on with another team and win another Super Bowl.
I personally like McCarthy, although I'm not sure that he's the best guy to run the team anymore. But I would be very curious to see how we would do as coach of another team. I'm predicting he's head coach of Cleveland next year, that would give him something interesting to work with.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cleveland will keep williams, just a hunch. they can all be classy and of high character, but when the game has passed them by, it is time for a change.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There isn't a professional sports team out there that doesn't field calls, letters, emails or tweets from people telling management to fire X person. Now with social media, I'll extend that to say that there isn't a business out there that doesn't field 'fire X person' complaints. Eye rolling? Sure.. not sure I'd go the disgusting route on this.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched First Things First this morning. This is how bad things are for the Packers:

Jenna Wolfe was on there piling on, calling the Packers offense stale, and wondering when the last time there was any new wrinkle added to it?
And don't hate on her, because Chris Carter and Nick Wright were in full agreement.
But that's the first time I've heard Jenna Wolfe rant about the Packers, her role is mainly as moderator.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to start a petition against petitions that others want to petition against.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look at petitions as pretty silly things, and it's not like our BOD inside of 1265 is going to consider it anyway. I mean, I remember a few years ago there were Cowboys fans who made a petition to the White House to seize the team away from Jerry Jones because they were getting tired of him. Bottom line is online petitions imo don't carry as much weight here as they do in other places.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally like McCarthy, although I'm not sure that he's the best guy to run the team anymore. But I would be very curious to see how we would do as coach of another team. I'm predicting he's head coach of Cleveland next year, that would give him something interesting to work with.

Yeah, my disagreement with the MM bashers in the past was that we'd be on a roll with good seasons and records that had us positioned to win just fine, and it would be just one little nothingburger loss like the one at Buffalo a few years ago that they would go calling him to get fired over. I generally found that to be ridiculous. Problem is this year this team all around just looks like a team that is lost, undisciplined and seems the story is the same thing week in and out, especially in the 2nd half where we've been abysmal on offense. We should beat the Cards handily, but that really won't help us much.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Buggy I don’t think it’s gonna take a petition to get rid of MM. He’s a dead man walking right now. The BIG question is who does Murphy/Gluten replace him with?????

And when they do replace him, have the new HC report to the GM. The flat org structure Murphy put in place is nuts, and Murphy is NO Bob Harlan.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said. I like MM as a person, he has a lot of class. But his time is up in GB. No petition necessary.

And Cleveland would be a perfect landing spot for MM. As for his replacement in GB? Murphy and Gluten will have the pick of the litter. That will be a coveted job, coaching ARod for the last 5 (hopefully more) years of his career.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The flat org structure Murphy put in place is nuts, and Murphy is NO Bob Harlan.
I was thinking that if they get rid of McCarthy, who is left to blame? Murphy seems like the next guy to look at.
I actually heard his name come up during (what is becoming) Cowherd's weekly anti-Packer rant.

Members online

Latest posts